View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 So, Rules? 
Bottle Cap

Are we going to be able to see the finalized version of the rules soon? From following the updates, it seems that should be finalized by now, and I'd really like to see if/how they've resolved some of the issues in the initial rules.

August 2nd, 2016, 12:31 am
Denizen

IIRC the main rules issue that people had was the hand rankings not being as in regular poker. Also some statistic based concerns caused by the "pick your result" of the joker face
They resolved both issues by removing the joker face from the die and replacing with a 9 so the dice are the same as regular poker dice.

I'm not sure they have plans to show a completed rules doc, seems like it would be a bit redundant unless they also showed all the cards as well which I doubt they will.

August 2nd, 2016, 6:09 am
Dungeon Boss

Yeah, as far as I've understood, the only major change was the Jokers into 9s. Otherwise, based on what they've said, a majority of the rules have stayed the same. I imagine they just cleaned up the wording on some and bug-fixed others.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

August 2nd, 2016, 9:56 am
Mini-Boss

Honestly, since they're final and not changing, I'd rather wait until it shows up.

I mean, some people are going to argue about this or that and call it all broken, regardless, so I'd rather play the game before I read those threads.

The one issue I had in the rulebook was when you need to board the train, you need a hand of a certain numbered rank- and while I'm good at remembering what beats what in poker, I'm not so great at remembering what number corresponds to what hand.

September 30th, 2016, 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I know this is an older thread, but the rules can be found here.

September 30th, 2016, 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]