View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2017, 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I see a shiny future 
Bottle Cap

This will be my 1st Chibi game. The western theme drew me in. I'm also interested in SDE and NAS. I can really see a shiny future with RRI. It could be just the 1st stop to open the door to the worlds of the outer rim. What does a Outer Rim Outlaw do when not holding up trains? Why he or she goes on adventures in frontier towns, and prairies!!! Think Wild West SDE. I'd bet my last double dollar that there Legend to be found.

April 24th, 2016, 4:52 am
Minion

I honestly was considering trying to do something similar, or better yet they release something more expanded. Don't really know how they would do it. My only thought for doing it myself with what I have available is giving everything custom SDE rules and using them with that system, obviously with just the RRI custom cards. Id like to see a sorta of space hulk-esc expansion at a latter date. Something with a more varied layout with corridors instead of just one straight-line. Heck could still be the same principle. Just raiding C.O.W battleship or something.

Also Highly recommend SDE, its the tops, should just pick up a copy of forgotten king, there is plenty in the box. See how you feel.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

April 24th, 2016, 9:07 am
Denizen

I'm a fan of World Works Games. Their Deadfall line is perfect for RRI.

Generally I don't print and build the buildings as they are, I've done it but it is a lot of work. I'll take the graphics, pull them into an editor and print out the flat surfaces, sometimes making larger patterns or tiles. Then I'll use a gluestick to attach the print out to foamcore, cut and glue gun it all together.

It is by no means as nice as some of the crazy custom tiles I see posted here, but is more than good enough for a tabletop fee.

If anyone cares enough I can post some photos of some post apocalyptic stuff I did this way.

April 26th, 2016, 2:44 pm
Minion

If you want to drastically expand your games (and personally, I think that is a great idea) then the tiles for "Shadows of Brimstone" would work perfectly for a bit in mine exploration. Whether you'd want to use the other world settings from the game would be a matter of personal preference. Also, the Frontier Town expansion set provides a beautiful Wild West town setting on a gaming large board. I see lots of possibilities for expanding RRI beyond its moving train setting. Just let your imagination run free.

April 26th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Bottle Cap

Great idea Vampifan!!! I can see the RRI can becoming just one of the challenges in the Outer Rim World adventures. Mine quest could be vs lawbot guardians, or even stranger things. I could see a special adventure called the Fabulous Five (think magnificent 7). Where the player defend a town against C.O.W. Or Geronimo leads his people against the Cavalry bots determined to take his home area from them.

April 26th, 2016, 11:36 pm
Bottle Cap

I also thought a new player character called A Bot with No Name, would be awesome. He become self aware, after being retired, by the professor.

April 27th, 2016, 12:35 am
Minion

Oh, now I want a Bot With No Name! I think I'll convert one of the Lawbots by adding a poncho to it.

April 27th, 2016, 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]