View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Stretch Goals. Sheriffs. 
Minion

Now I am absolutely in love with this game, and the kickstarter stretch goals are pretty tight. Heck I don't really know how I feel about the game, and frankly even if I have to house-rule the stuffing out of it. I was sold off the miniatures alone. The one thing that has bugged me however. More then rules or even the overload of poker dice, is the fact that the Sheriffs are not getting alternative sculpts. Honestly this seems silly to me, as they needed it the most. Their models are cool, don't get me wrong. But with the particular pose combined with the quantity that will both be in the box and on the table at once (potentially) I really think these guys needed alternative sculpts more then anything that did get them (alternative sculpts) especially the expansion models. I cant be the only one who things that two or three models stood as they are together with one big gun poking out to the left will look a tad silly. Heck maybe this is just me, but im just curious about everyone else's opinions on this. It really is just a nitpick. I mean iv backed it all still, expansions and all!

Rain.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

April 21st, 2016, 12:10 pm
Minion

I don't know how much time/cost it takes to get alternative sculpts or how far in development/production are the miniatures shown or if things can be changed, but it seems a bit off to me that the most common lawbot (deputy) have 2 sculpts but the more "special" lawbot sheriff does not. It makes the sheriff model sculpt the most abundant. 5 sheriffs to 4 deputies. If all the stretch goals were unlocked, the lawbot received with (in parenthesis) or without the expansion pickup would be:

Deputy A - 4 (8)
Deputy B - 3 (6)

Sheriff - 5 (10)
Cavalry Soldier A - 2 (4)
Cavalry Soldier B - 1 (2)
Pallbearer A - 2 (4)
Pallbearer B - 1 (2)

Marshall - 2 (4)
Cavalry Captain - 2 (4)
Preacher - 2 (4)

If things can still be changed, my wishful list would be to have the alternative sculpt be the sheriff instead of the deputy so that all the "sheriff ranked" lawbots get the alternative sculpt. Or better yet (and more wishful thinking on my part) is to have all the alternative sculpt be given to the "marshall ranked" lawbots instead of the lower ranked lawbots. That way the highest ranked lawbots also have the most unique models amongst the lawbots (not including the legendary lawbots).

April 21st, 2016, 1:56 pm
Mini-Boss

I am a painter. The mini with the most err, minis in the game needs the alternative more. Thus deputy is logical. I have to agree on strangeness of the pose with a mass of sheriffs

April 21st, 2016, 5:27 pm
Minion

I like to paint+play games. So if I were to have different model sculpts, I prefer the more special lawbots to get them. Either way, not too big of a deal, just seems strange.

April 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]