View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Gameplay Feedback from Playthrough 
Bottle Cap

Suggest you retread my post. I never implied anything. I believe your reading WAY too much into them. I think I'll end the conversation with the words of John Wayne. " I am accountable for what I say, Not the way you take it".

Last edited by Bot with no name on May 10th, 2016, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2016, 1:41 am
Bottle Cap

Quote:
You guys should be more humble and recognize what you are saying are biased, limited opinions on something you don't have all the rules to judge in all fairness. And you should know it.

Yeah, no thanks. It says pretty clearly what this feedback is based off. As for 'bias', well, good night.

May 10th, 2016, 4:35 am
Bottle Cap

Ulf Beorstruk wrote:

- getting onto the train is unnecessarily difficult
FIX: Roll a dice. On a 10, you deploy 1 car in from the end (aka, the caboose). On a Jack, up to 2 in from the end. Etc. If right from the start you can't even manage to get on the train, you're not an Infinite Rail Raider.

I think just keeping the current system and having your place default to the caboose. It means everyone takes the risk, but no one gets boned. Also, where are you seeing this bonus for starting in the Caboose?

May 11th, 2016, 6:55 am
Bottle Cap

They talk about it in the gameplay video. If you start your turn in the caboose, you can choose not to draw a High Noon card, and can choose to place a loot token on any of the further up cards.

You could keep the current system, but just statistically it makes it very difficult to actually get anywhere, although having the caboose as the default makes it better. Same idea either way.

May 11th, 2016, 5:20 pm
Bottle Cap

Just thought I'd mention the RRI update. Jokers are dropped, replaced with a 9. Hands rank now, like real poker hands, and Jokers will be drawn as a possible card for players to hold and use.

I suggest either add 2 jokers to the 52 card deck, like real poker cards, or simply print a Joker symbol on the corner of some cards. Players could either use the card text or play as a joker card. I prefer the 2nd method.

May 11th, 2016, 11:01 pm
Bottle Cap

Found the update interesting. Good to see that they did the math that everyone in the comments section and BGG already did. ;)

Losing the jokers does completely change some of the odds. The most noticible effect is that it normalizes it towards the lower end, so it will be much less likely now that a lone hero without a weapon will beat a Lawbot group. Maybe this will push towards a greater need to co-operate, though there's still no actual co-operation mechanic.

Strange.

Since they're just basic poker dice now, I might change the base hand to 6 dice and get 3 red and 3 black, and put in the flush.

May 12th, 2016, 2:44 am
Bottle Cap

Ulf, I been playing around with a mock up of what I can glean from videos and info. One thing I would like to see is when players join together in a showdown against the law bots is when a player loses he can spend a DD to stay on the car. You could have a true team roll. Each player adds 1 die to the showdown player. The showdown player may use only his bonuses and items. Cards that effect showdowns would still work as normal. Again if the player lose as a team, the can spend DD if they have them to stick to the car.

May 14th, 2016, 11:03 pm
Bottle Cap

Sure, like a 'retreat or get hit and drop some coins' mechanic. A good options without contributing to too much rules clutter.

May 15th, 2016, 5:18 pm
Mini-Boss

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

May 16th, 2016, 2:26 pm
Bottle Cap

:roll: really?

May 16th, 2016, 10:42 pm
Bottle Cap

New update for Kickstarter. I really like the Infamous card. A card you can keep if you keep scoring DD. Makes for aggressive play.

May 26th, 2016, 2:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3