View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 28th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Kickstarter is Live 
Denizen

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... =discovery

Yeah, I'm a nerd hitting refresh to see it....

April 6th, 2016, 8:51 pm
Site Admin

Yeah...us, too.

April 6th, 2016, 9:05 pm
Ninja Corps

I've been refreshing KS all day... At work... somethings are just all consuming!

April 6th, 2016, 9:38 pm
Minion

Maybe a spoiler from the shipping section:

"These estimates are based off of the base game + two expansions."

April 6th, 2016, 9:43 pm
Ninja Corps

Firah wrote:

Nice Catch! We also seem to be missing a Cola model, at least I don't see a picture of him anywhere

April 6th, 2016, 9:45 pm
Minion

Missed that one. Nice find. One more expansion the size of the first seems ok with out the model count becoming too high (a silly opinion, I know that).

April 6th, 2016, 10:06 pm
Minion

Firah wrote:

I just saw that as well ... if it's the same size as the first, can we guess that an all-in pledge might end up right around $100? Or do we think they'll have other add-ons as well? It might be nice to back a smaller project ... at least my budget would like it.

April 7th, 2016, 12:31 am
Denizen

j-bird wrote:
Firah wrote:

I just saw that as well ... if it's the same size as the first, can we guess that an all-in pledge might end up right around $100? Or do we think they'll have other add-ons as well? It might be nice to back a smaller project ... at least my budget would like it.

I was quite happy to see the $50 entry price point, but I bet you're right about there being a 'Buy 'em All' option further down the line for that much.

Stop it SPM! You're triggering my Pokemon Reflex!

April 7th, 2016, 3:34 am
Minion

I was sitting on the fence about this but now that I know a lot more about the game I'm backing it.

April 7th, 2016, 1:30 pm
Dungeon Boss

Salaura wrote:
Stop it SPM! You're triggering my Pokemon Reflex!

KICKSTARTERS! GOTTA BACK 'EM ALL!

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

April 7th, 2016, 1:39 pm
Mini-Boss

For a while, even the Demon Matchmaker target her skullduggery on me don't have effect to join in this KS. I need to see more.

Aella13 Painting Guide

April 7th, 2016, 2:26 pm
Ninja Corps

Did anyone else notice that the estimated delivery date is October?

Also, we are $1,075 away from Whistlin' Pete!

April 7th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Mini-Boss

This KS have many potential add-ons based on fast reading on comment section:
- plastic double-dollars
- colored dice sets like this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... ts/1506643
- plastic loot counters. Maybe in 3D treasure chest with engraved value under the base.
- Lawbot boss
- Aliens...

Edit:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion #1: Reference Cards (one per player in tarot size) with the summary of important things like the earned double dollars per lawbot type defeated, hand ranking, dice symbol rank, round/turn sequence, for example, despite of simple gameplay

I think 4 more cards for quick reference inside the core box don't cause economic impact to SPM.

Suggestion #2: This extra dice can be made in different color scheme, at least half of them, like black with cyan symbols to represent lawbots rolls.

Aella13 Painting Guide

April 7th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Bottle Cap

El Cola demands your money!

:D

April 8th, 2016, 4:18 pm
Mini-Boss

Seriously, what justify include another 50 bucks in add-ons for this game? Simple variety of miniatures? More quantity? No different game mechanics for different kind of Lawbots or something to make a real twist in gameplay? Sure, in add-on have "more of the same kind in another fashion way": 4 heroes (different skills: check), Lt Deadeye (different skills of gameplay effect: ?), 999 (different skills or gameplay effect: ?), more game cards (different effects: check), more game tiles (different effects: check), but despite of beauty of miniatures, what the differences in gameplay of the different Lawbots from add-ons?

Ok... the next SG will be alt sculps for Pallbearers, than the next SG will be free Preachers (x2) and Pallbearers (x3), if funds raise up so far than expected.

Aella13 Painting Guide

April 14th, 2016, 3:24 am
Minion

Nephastus wrote:
Seriously, what justify include another 50 bucks in add-ons for this game?

Mostly having different miniatures, cards and tiles.

Just like having miniatures "boosters/boxes" for SDE, in fact. Nothing really shocking, it's just the expansions for RRI don't mean the same than for SDE. ;)

April 14th, 2016, 12:04 pm
Minion

And the possibility to play with more person.

April 14th, 2016, 12:34 pm
Mini-Boss

Magarch wrote:
Nephastus wrote:
Seriously, what justify include another 50 bucks in add-ons for this game?

Mostly having different miniatures, cards and tiles.

Indeed, but if you already get the variety, at least the Lawbots in Loot SG, it no make sense invest money in optionals equivalent to core box value, unless the expansion put a twist on gameplay. Maybe in printed paper/cardboard material we can find real adds to gameplay?

For example, try to play Hive without Mosquito, Lady Bug and Pillbug before, try to play with these expansions after. This is my point to debate the question related to expansions. If it's a simple "more of the same in different fashion way", the smart choice is the Space Cowboy Pledge Level, because you will gain that fashion variety in Loot. Only the completionist desire justify to take the Raider Pledge Level.

Another example: individual or paired Heroes from AQ is a expensive waste of money, in my opinion. Add variety of choices, but don't add new mechanics in gameplay.

Aella13 Painting Guide

April 14th, 2016, 1:47 pm
Minion

It was commented by the SPM people:

"Deke here. ;) Deadeye is a Legendary Lawbot and has unique abilities for how he affects the game when he enters play. We're going to be doing a full write up on The Good, The Bad, and the Bot expansions early next week, where we will go through how they change up the game."

"The expansion Law Bots function differently than the normal law bots and have different effects on the game than the core law bots. All of the bots in the expansion are either from the Sheriff or Marshall category and they modify or replace the way a Sheriff or Marshall normally works. For example Cavalry Soldiers count as Sheriffs and they slow Raiders down who move onto or are on the car they are on but they don't allow the law bots to re-roll like base sheriffs do."

Reasons why I plan to purchase the optional purchases
- extra dices equal less of a need to share dices between players
- have everything immediately without needing to wait for the gradual release for retail purchase (for an impatient person like me)
- train and loot tiles should add more game variety. Each raider appear to have one unique characteristic to add more gameplay variety.

April 14th, 2016, 2:32 pm
Mini-Boss

Ok. I got it.

Suggestion about dice: for Lawbots' rolls, make inverted colors (or black dice with symbols in cyan color), maybe with different art, like this:
https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-fre ... tor-557037
https://cdn.vectorstock.com/i/composite ... 556991.jpg
https://cdn.vectorstock.com/i/composite ... 557038.jpg
http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-v ... 367945.jpg
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Aella13 Painting Guide

April 14th, 2016, 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next