View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Played my first game(s) 
Denizen

So finally unboxed everything. The game was so much fun and me and friends really enjoyed it.

The only major critique I have of it is a lack of clarity in the rules.

For example:

No great way of using alt bots such as Pall bearers, etc... They should have had cards to shuffle into the deck imo

The other is how much equipment and loot someone could hold, etc...

Maybe I just missed it, but it was a great time and I can't wait to play again.

January 26th, 2018, 6:29 pm
Minion

the expansion bots just replace sheriffs and marshals so anytime you pull a lawbot card that would spawn one you can pick on of the expansion bots instead. each one has special rules that change the way they are played on the board.

I don't think there is a limit to how many weapons/equipment cards you can have but you can only use one weapon at a time, you choose which one before each fight. I believe equipment is one at a time as well but I would have to look through the rulebook. Some of the equipment is one time use so they wouldn't be equiped very long.

January 26th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

dsdrew924 wrote:
So finally unboxed everything. The game was so much fun and me and friends really enjoyed it.

The only major critique I have of it is a lack of clarity in the rules.

For example:

No great way of using alt bots such as Pall bearers, etc... They should have had cards to shuffle into the deck imo

The other is how much equipment and loot someone could hold, etc...

Maybe I just missed it, but it was a great time and I can't wait to play again.

I do agree with the lawbot issue. I might take to using a single poker dice when a marshals or sheriff is spawned and on a 9-Q it's a standard model, K religious and a A a cavalier. That's literally off the top of my head but you get the idea.

As for equipment you can definitely have more then one, just only one is useable per showdown. I played it wrong but one of the KS exclusive cards specifically says 'can be used alongside another equipment In a showdown' so yeah.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

February 1st, 2018, 9:25 am
Mini-Boss

I’ve played the special bots being dependent on the train car that was flipped. You could also make it dealer’s choice, or just limit it to bots from a certain expansion of you want to change the feel slightly.

February 1st, 2018, 4:30 pm
Minion

Major Glitch wrote:
I’ve played the special bots being dependent on the train car that was flipped. You could also make it dealer’s choice, or just limit it to bots from a certain expansion of you want to change the feel slightly.

Oh no I really like the idea of tying it to tile!!

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

February 1st, 2018, 8:06 pm
Denizen

We just wound up doing it based on a random die roll. Putting in cards that put them on the trains just makes it easier for gameplay purposes.

February 7th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]