Soda Pop Miniatures
http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/

What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?
http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14710
Page 1 of 1

Author:  eternaldream [ January 12th, 2018, 3:56 am ]
Post subject:  What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

So it looks like people are getting their games from Kickstarter, right? I know there was a lot of hate going to SPM about the game. I didn't back it because I was more interested in Super Dungeon instead. I was wondering what all the hubbub is about. Is there someone willing to give me something relatively unbiased to why people were mad with RRI? Is it because it was late? Something else mishandled? Anything else?

Author:  Anajadys [ January 12th, 2018, 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

eternaldream wrote:
So it looks like people are getting their games from Kickstarter, right? I know there was a lot of hate going to SPM about the game. I didn't back it because I was more interested in Super Dungeon instead. I was wondering what all the hubbub is about. Is there someone willing to give me something relatively unbiased to why people were mad with RRI? Is it because it was late? Something else mishandled? Anything else?


I didn't back it (Loved the models but the gameplay video told me I would probably not like to play it more than once) but I followed the news. It wasn't just that it was late, but that communication was poor, that the delays read like excuses, and that some KS shipments were held up for months but people were seeing retail copies hit shelves. I'm sure it felt like betrayal. On top of which they shipped out the first batch with missing components, neglected to inform backers about the box art, and forgot about the sleeves they'd promised. Having worked with a card sleeve company myself (a story that's a bit off topic but I can share if you want) I get why ND/SPM struggled with them, but after all the other stuff it was like salt in the wound. Now they've added a handful of KS-exclusive cards to try to make up for it.

I hear from people who have gotten their copies that the game is a very "beer & pretzels" kind of game and that the minis are cute, but it's not so great that people are going to forget what a hassle the campaign was/is. It's a huge bummer and probably a big learning experience for SPM and backers alike.

Author:  Rainthezangoose [ January 14th, 2018, 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

I was looking for a comment on this forum and/or the kickstarter page for ages which had kickstarter updates which mentioned how the retail copies wouldn't hit shops until kickstarters were fulfilled. Don't suppose anyone has such information, I think it was during the black friday backlash.

Author:  tat2artst [ January 14th, 2018, 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

Rainthezangoose wrote:
I was looking for a comment on this forum and/or the kickstarter page for ages which had kickstarter updates which mentioned how the retail copies wouldn't hit shops until kickstarters were fulfilled. Don't suppose anyone has such information, I think it was during the black friday backlash.


found this one from sept.

“@james Our priority is delivering to backers is regional. US backers get their product, then we can get orders out to distro International backers will get their products, then their regional distros will have them for retail Im sorry you feel that your region has been treated 3rd class, We can outlay a good deal of detail around the shipping process in the next days, I want you to see how the filling orders/shipping process works on our side, some cases we have decisions we can make to get things more coordinated, other times not. First priority = GET IT OUT, GO GO GO, WE ARE LATE First FULL Container I can get shipped, US, because of the volume of orders This is how it is, we are very sorry that there is delay, but your product is coming, its really cool, and if we could have done something different to expedite your orders, we would have been doing so.

Sep 28 2017 on Rail Raiders Infinite"

and this one

"Hi there, International shipments to outside hubs left same time, Ill work on finding out receipt date at other hubs. As for sales, we will only make available the core game after shipping out KS backers pledges. If we can get some copies to show at Gencon we will, but as stated, unless things are shipping out of our warehouse to you guys, web and event sales will be restricted.

Jul 7 2017 on #77: from the project Rail Raiders Infinite"

and here

"@Anthony - AS I sted previously, we will NOT begin selling Rail Raiders Infinite until after the majority of backers have received their pledge orders. The public will NOT receive items from our Kickstarter campaigns before our backers do. -- nekodachi

Feb 2 2017 on Rail Raiders Infinite"



in the end retail received before backers in most regions

Author:  Rainthezangoose [ January 15th, 2018, 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

tat2artst wrote:
Rainthezangoose wrote:
I was looking for a comment on this forum and/or the kickstarter page for ages which had kickstarter updates which mentioned how the retail copies wouldn't hit shops until kickstarters were fulfilled. Don't suppose anyone has such information, I think it was during the black friday backlash.


found this one from sept.

“@james Our priority is delivering to backers is regional. US backers get their product, then we can get orders out to distro International backers will get their products, then their regional distros will have them for retail Im sorry you feel that your region has been treated 3rd class, We can outlay a good deal of detail around the shipping process in the next days, I want you to see how the filling orders/shipping process works on our side, some cases we have decisions we can make to get things more coordinated, other times not. First priority = GET IT OUT, GO GO GO, WE ARE LATE First FULL Container I can get shipped, US, because of the volume of orders This is how it is, we are very sorry that there is delay, but your product is coming, its really cool, and if we could have done something different to expedite your orders, we would have been doing so.

Sep 28 2017 on Rail Raiders Infinite"



and this one

"Hi there, International shipments to outside hubs left same time, Ill work on finding out receipt date at other hubs. As for sales, we will only make available the core game after shipping out KS backers pledges. If we can get some copies to show at Gencon we will, but as stated, unless things are shipping out of our warehouse to you guys, web and event sales will be restricted.

Jul 7 2017 on #77: from the project Rail Raiders Infinite"

and here

"@Anthony - AS I sted previously, we will NOT begin selling Rail Raiders Infinite until after the majority of backers have received their pledge orders. The public will NOT receive items from our Kickstarter campaigns before our backers do. -- nekodachi

Feb 2 2017 on Rail Raiders Infinite"



in the end retail received before backers in most regions


Genuinely thanks for this information, I appreciate it. c:

Author:  Major Glitch [ January 16th, 2018, 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

I will chime in about the gameplay - it is relatively fast paced and fun for a lighter game. I do agree that it doesn’t stand out, but I do think that some people had the wrong expectation of the game due to SDE. I enjoy it for what it is, and my personal view is that it is good to have a few lighter games in the collection.

Now, none of that excuses the decisions made that lead to the delays in delivery, especially combined with the lack of communication on some of these issues. I just think that some people are letting their anger about those things bleed over to the gameplay. More pressure put on the game due to increased wait for it, perhaps.

Author:  Rainthezangoose [ January 16th, 2018, 11:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

Major Glitch wrote:
I will chime in about the gameplay - it is relatively fast paced and fun for a lighter game. I do agree that it doesn’t stand out, but I do think that some people had the wrong expectation of the game due to SDE. I enjoy it for what it is, and my personal view is that it is good to have a few lighter games in the collection.

Now, none of that excuses the decisions made that lead to the delays in delivery, especially combined with the lack of communication on some of these issues. I just think that some people are letting their anger about those things bleed over to the gameplay. More pressure put on the game due to increased wait for it, perhaps.


Oh yeah man I this, it was my main issue with alot of the stuff i was seeing online, a light beer and pretzel experience is exactly what I wanted considering how long it takes to play a single game of SDE FK.

Author:  Anajadys [ January 19th, 2018, 3:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the issue with RRI kickstarter again?

MajorGlitch, absolutely. I knew exactly what the game would be--there's a How to Play video right on the page. Some people just have their assumptions and don't read, or in this case, watch. The difference here is that the campaign was so rage-inducing for a lot of people that they can't disassociate the campaign from the game.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/