View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Has Anyone Tried Showdown on the Star Express? 
Denizen

Now that they have been made available, I'm curious if anyone has tried the new Showdown on the Star Express rules and, if so, what you thought about them.

(And yes, I know that this question will only apply to US backers as, unfortunately, the rest of the world has not received their pledges yet.)

October 22nd, 2017, 12:33 am
Minion

ND_nekodachi wrote:
Now that they have been made available, I'm curious if anyone has tried the new Showdown on the Star Express rules and, if so, what you thought about them.

(And yes, I know that this question will only apply to US backers as, unfortunately, the rest of the world has not received their pledges yet.)

*Rises paw to complain about being a non US backer and not having his RRI but then read the content in the brackets* Oh.. erm no then, No I havn't :grumblegrumble:

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

October 22nd, 2017, 8:13 pm
Minion

I had a chance this weekend to play the new scenario. It was quick, but still fun. It was about 30 minutes for 3 of us playing. Next game will probably be even quicker now that we know the rules. Being able to set up the train and lawbots ahead of gameplay saved a lot of time. Not being moved when losing showdowns or having to worry about reboarding the train also saved time.

I do have to stress the most major changes in the game. Instead of getting extra dice or rerolls the sheriffs and marshals get to roll to determine if they are destroyed or not. My son loved the fact that other players couldn't move you, throw you off the train, or take your money. The game wasn't as cutthroat as normal play is and the gameplay is now more cooperative. If you are playing with young kids or over competitive players this will be a much more enjoyable way to play. It is also makes for much quicker games.

There were a few loot cards such as the deflector and some of the high noon cards that didn't play properly anymore. We just used our best judgement in these cases. Overall I would say the scenario was enjoyable to play.

October 23rd, 2017, 2:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]