View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2017, 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Purchased at GenCon - Couple of Questions 
Bottle Cap

Picked up the game at GenCon and had a blast playing it.

Couple of questions came up -

1. If you fail to get on the train at the beginning of your turn, you stay off the train for the rest of your turn, yes? The only thing you do is draw a High Noon card when it would have been your turn, but you do nothing else. If we understood correctly, you cannot spend actions to make another attempt at getting on the train.

2. There is nothing stopping a player from using their move every turn to get to the locomotive. So after 2 to 3 turns, with a small bit of luck from the high noon cards, players starting each turn in the locomotive gain a $$, then move to the next car, showdown/search, then move back. Effectively getting a minimum of 1 $$ every turn. It would seem like there is nothing stopping players from skipping over large numbers of lawbots to get to the locomotive for free money. Did we miss something??

Thanks!!

August 26th, 2017, 6:52 pm
Bottle Cap

1. We play that getting on the train is a "move" action. So if you want to hope on the caboose it's just one action. If you want to roll and fail, roll again. But you can't try 3 times...because of the rule only allowing 2 of the same action per turn. I've read others play it one try and that's it.

2. Even with just two players, it would take 3 turns to make it to the locomotive. And one $$ per turn isn't that great; compared to searching or killing Lawbots. The games we've played, the locomotive is rarely sought out.

September 17th, 2017, 9:18 pm
Denizen

My interpretation of getting on the train is that it's a single attempt per turn, that is not counted against your normal actions for the turn. I do agree the rule isn't as clear as it could be. I also think Kreation's (house) rule is a perfectly acceptable approach.

I agree on the Locomotive. It can be a good way to hold a lead near the end of the game, but it certainly shouldn't be an early goal.

September 18th, 2017, 4:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]