View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Typhoon 
Denizen

I assume his ability means he can have a Rank 9 hand, but as there isn't anything suggesting that on his card, an official confirmation would be appreciated. Then again, the odds of two players rolling the same Rank 8 hand is roughly 1/60.5million, so it's likely a moot point (even with rerolls, extra dice and Huckleberry's Ace manipulation)...

August 24th, 2017, 3:59 am
Bottle Cap

I'm not "official" for a ruling but I see it this way:

"When you make three of a kind or higher in a fight, your final hand rank is increased by one."

Could also be read as "After resolving all other effects, if the rank of your hand is at least 4 in a fight, increase the rank by one."

So yeah... if you had an 8 it would become a 9.

August 24th, 2017, 7:57 am
Ninja Corps

I vaguely remember this either in an update or KS comments as this being verified as how it works.

August 24th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Denizen

Thanks. Bumping up to Rank 9 makes the most sense, but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss something that stated Rank 8 was a hard ceiling.

August 24th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Ninja Corps

Major Glitch wrote:
Thanks. Bumping up to Rank 9 makes the most sense, but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss something that stated Rank 8 was a hard ceiling.

I sure it is but this is Vas...er Typhoon the greatest gunslinger in the galaxy. :P :P :P

August 24th, 2017, 8:22 pm
Denizen

Not sure it helps but from here

Quote:
Typhoon's Ability: When you make three of a kind or higher in a fight, your final hand rank is increased by 1.

While Typhoon is capable of fighting like a living storm when pressed he normally doesn't show that side of himself. It's tough to be a bounty hunter when you have the biggest bounty in the galaxy on your head. Typhoon makes his way through life as best he can despite the mismatch between his reputation and his affable demeanor.

An accomplished gunslinger, Typhoon edges out other high powered fighters by making a higher hand than they could ever make. When you need someone to put down a great fighter Typhoon is up to the job!

August 24th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Denizen

Thanks! That absolutely implies he can attain Rank 9.

Which brings up another thought: How would you handle a tie if Typhoon's Rank after the boost equals the opponent's Rank? I assume the tie would go to the unmodifies Rank, because comparing the hands would use their base values...

August 24th, 2017, 10:06 pm
Denizen

I think I would treat him as always having the lowest Quality in his boosted Rank.

August 24th, 2017, 10:55 pm
Bottle Cap

My vote for the tie in rank would be a roll-off as there is no way to determine the winner of said tie otherwise.

August 25th, 2017, 6:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]