View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Some issues with KS, but really okay. 
Bottle Cap

Got my KS boxes today and neither of the expansions had dice in them. I hope the retail versions get fixed from this oversight. Still, we had 40 dice in the core box with all the bonus loot, so more than enough to play and not worry about it even with 6 players. (core of 20 plus 5 in each expansion would only be 30 total in retail versions). So while I'm technically 10 dice short of what should have been included I have as many dice as I will need at 5 per player (up to 6 players) plus 5 for the lawbots making 35 with an extra 5 for anyone getting bonus dice. Not worried.

Also, there were no card sleeves to be seen, but really I don't mind as with the different backs to each deck the artwork of the sleeve would be a problem anyway. I will get some penny sleeves from my local game store to protect the cards and support my place of gaming at the same time.

The miniatures are fantastic with terrific detail. I can't wait to get done with current projects so I can start painting these!

The dice mechanic of the game could very easily have been just standard d6's, but the custom dice faces make for a nice theme accent on the game.

The included mini game only has one blind, but simple math and less than $1 at my local kinkos fixed this problem simply. Making a single photocopy of the non-dealer side game me a sheet of paper with one extra to cut out (totaling 2 so far with the original). Placing that sheet back in the copier with the original placed next to it gave me one more sheet with 2 more (thus totaling the 4 needed to play). While it is an oversight not to have had the 4 in the box originally, it was a minor issue to fix and be able to play the bonus content day one.

The boxes are much larger than the content inside of them, and while I may not understand the logic for this having occured I do appreciate the larger box faces as I will be turning them into wall art for my game room at home.

Everything about the production quality and content of the boxes past what I mentioned above is stellar. I am glad this game has finally made it to my table and look forward to many more plays in the very near fututre! Thank you SPM!

August 23rd, 2017, 9:56 am
Mini-Boss

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/183485 ... ks-pledges

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

August 23rd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Bottle Cap

Yeah... reposted my position there as well. Some people just want to complain...

August 24th, 2017, 7:46 am
Bottle Cap

The defects in the shipment are not enough to kill the game or company for me. In all honesty if it all fits in one box I don’t need to use extra space on a pointless box, and actually do enjoy the lockbox design. Sleeves I wasn’t sure I’d use due to unique card back (though the option would still be nice). And has been pointed out the dice are technically unnecessary. The only real gameplay killer, at least potentially, are the blinds. That’s not to say they shouldn’t deliver those things, just that the game is at least good to go while waiting for the replacement parts.

That said I’m very disappointed that there is anger fomenting in the comments of the ks and we’ve not heard any response. Day one it would have been good to have a short update “howdy partners, we heard some of your loot was waylaid by bandits and were sending out a search party. Well let you know something as soon as we do” or the plainer “we’re looking into the reports of missing items and will update again as soon as we have all the information. Since this will include reaching out to our international production partners we ask that you give us the time we need to figure out what happened and get a plan to correct in place”

According to one backer someone did make a comment on a fb thread stating
ND-SPM Facebook post: "I will update everyone with the situation and solution. As some kits were packed in China missing screens, slips, and some dice. We know who needs what, it was easy to track down, and are prepping mailers to get everyone thier stuff."

So hopefully they have been on the ball looking into it and do have a plan in place, but without them telling us, and an indirect fb message is not the best hope to assuage fears, people will begin to flip out as we’re seeing. Unfortunately, it looks to be impacting other ks of theirs as well, ks I imagine many of us are already invested in.

August 24th, 2017, 11:23 am
Ninja Corps

rudehero wrote:
The defects in the shipment are not enough to kill the game or company for me. In all honesty if it all fits in one box I don’t need to use extra space on a pointless box, and actually do enjoy the lockbox design. Sleeves I wasn’t sure I’d use due to unique card back (though the option would still be nice). And has been pointed out the dice are technically unnecessary. The only real gameplay killer, at least potentially, are the blinds. That’s not to say they shouldn’t deliver those things, just that the game is at least good to go while waiting for the replacement parts.

Basically my point of view too, as I been in a few KS that had basic brown box packaging or plastic baggy. I actually think we need less packaging especially the expansions. Those expansions are in beautiful, sturdy boxes that should have been more in line with the old booster boxes of SDE like Rock Top or Dragon Clutch. Ended up trimming all the plastic trays and fitted every thing into the Lock box.

With the exception of the retail base set box MIA everything else screams factory snapfu, not some nefarious plot to cheat out the backers. As soon as they track down the parts I guessing we will all be getting a bubble mailer with the dice, sleeves, and blinds.

Could they have said something, well maybe, seeing as most of them are grinding it out at Gencon or in the warehouse shipping, it seems things weren't known until Tuesday at the soonest. Of course seeing how toxic KS in general has become and SPM campaigns in specific. I doubt it would have quilled the $h*+storm whirling around.

One general release suggestion I would add is adding at least one reference card to each expansion. The base set comes with four but the expansions raise the game to 6 players and having a ref card for each player would be nice.

August 24th, 2017, 1:42 pm
Minion

The proofing and prototypes were done way before gencon rolled around. They could have shared photos of complete product proofs before they shipped them off. This could have been clearly comminicated well in advance and it wouldn't have become an issue.

August 24th, 2017, 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ape2020 wrote:
rudehero wrote:
One general release suggestion I would add is adding at least one reference card to each expansion. The base set comes with four but the expansions raise the game to 6 players and having a ref card for each player would be nice.

I agree. Not sure if its too late for the company to do that for retail release.

Some additional critique/criticism I have: This is likely too late now for the company to change or addressed but having a list of the different cards in the different decks would have made it much more convenient for players. The expansions mention swapping out cards from the decks (have to be the same number/type of cards). Having a master list would help facilitate that. Also, due to the size of the tiles, some of the rules were written in a small font. I am getting older and that font size used is rather difficult to read. Having the rulebook or rule sheet list those rules in a regular font would have been very helpful. I will most likely compile these for my own use if the nieces/nephews enjoy playing this game regularly.

A question about the game rules - If during your turn you need to get back onto the train (or you had failed to get on board at the beginning of the game) and you failed again, does your turn ends for that round?

August 24th, 2017, 7:07 pm
Denizen

akai wrote:
A question about the game rules - If during your turn you need to get back onto the train (or you had failed to get on board at the beginning of the game) and you failed again, does your turn ends for that round?
As I understand it, that is correct. If you gamble for a better starting position and fail, you cannot take any other actions as you're not on the train. (And you can't swap actions for additional attempts to get back on.)

August 24th, 2017, 8:18 pm
Ninja Corps

I am opening tonight, but interesting, I was checking the inventory sheet that they sent with the order, and it only notes:

"1x Huckleberry's Riverboat Roll Dealer Blind", not the four people were expecting.

Also, no sleeves are listed anywhere on the inventory sheet. So, that suggests a discrepancy happened between KS and inventory list / order proofing (potential the reason for including exactly was indicated). That doesn't, however, explain why the inventory sheet says there are dice in the expansions, and they're not there. That would be a picker not following instructions. In either case, the game will play, and after the dust settles, I expect it to be made right.

August 25th, 2017, 2:58 am
Bottle Cap

The expansion boxes themselves state they should have dice in them. This may have been something not caught by SPM during their proofing of the product but is absolutely the fault of the factory they were produced and assembled in. I am sure SPM will find a way to make it right. I am sure some people will still be unhappy. I am sure if I get nothing more than what is in my hands now that I won't gripe too much and still have a fully playable and complete game that is a ton of fun and that my gaming group can't get enough of right now!

August 25th, 2017, 6:52 am
Ninja Corps

While I have faith we will all get the missing things eventually. I agree that the missing parts have no impact on being able to play the game now.

A certain percent of responses jumping to enraged seems the norm these days.

August 26th, 2017, 4:19 pm
Bottle Cap

They commented in the last update on KS to email them and they will get out missing components at no cost to us. :D

August 26th, 2017, 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]