View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 23rd, 2017, 7:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 When its an update and nobody cares! 
Author Message
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
Now obviously this product isn't going to be as big as SDE, but the fact that they just dropped an update and not even a single person cares enough to talk about it says a-lot about the state of this kickstarters and the Soda kickstarters in general. I mean I think the most damming aspect of all this is that the update, after being uploaded in the wrong place was actually pretty positive. I just wanted to open up a threat to discuss what it all could mean and how long we are thinking until we actually get something physical. I mean as far as numbers tell RRI is just around the corner. :iwillbelievewheniseeit:

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 9th, 2017, 8:02 am
Profile
Online
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: May 15th, 2014, 9:10 am
Posts: 506
it's about 30-40% till we can guess the "when". ;)

I find it easier to forget about the timelines and be surprised when it all arrives than to hope each week and be disappointed.

_________________
I claim the right to be unhappy


April 9th, 2017, 11:43 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
Xris Wraith wrote:
it's about 30-40% till we can guess the "when". ;)

I find it easier to forget about the timelines and be surprised when it all arrives than to hope each week and be disappointed.


A policy​ I had used happily until the recent 0% progress on legends business from a few days ago SDE kickstarter update.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 9th, 2017, 11:51 am
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Posts: 253
The actual manufacturing step was pretty dang quick (~6 weeks) in the other recent miniature KS I've sponsored (Ghostbusters, LOAD, Rum & Bones, Dark Souls, etc.) Assembly/packing of the boxes was relatively tedious, about the same 6 weeks. Long boat from China, about the same (LOAD was in Poland, they definitely shaved time here). Fulfillment locally, about the same. I expect to see RRI 24 weeks from now (Oct 2017). That would be one year from the KS Estimated Delivery. At +1 year, it would be better than Ghostbusters and Unspeakable Words. Worse than LOAD and Rum & Bones. Unfortunately, as those examples show, late is normal for a KS. 6 months (best case), 1 year (expected case) and 2 years (worst case).


April 9th, 2017, 12:01 pm
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2012, 2:47 am
Posts: 48
Location: Ohio
I still really want to play this game and hope it's fun, I love the theme and the minis but the delay is pretty dampening, still not as bad as the 4 year wait for kingdom death.

Should get to play this game before the end of the year hopefully.


April 9th, 2017, 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
I'm not gonna lie, I mean with how clear it was that Legends was going to be delayed I pretty much backed this to keep me going while I waited for that, and seeing how mind numbingly late legends is, I'm not surprised this is. Why can't people on Kickstarter learn from their mistakes and make better estimates about their delivery times! I think it really doesn't matter if the rules for this are amazing or not, I just want the tiles, tokens and minis (which as always are amazing). Because of how small times this IP will be I'll have no issue with houseruling stuff to suit me better and it's clearly a beer and pretzel kinda game.

SODA POP MINIS PLEASE MAKE RULES FOR SDE. I mean come on, it would be an insult not to. When I emailed you privately before backing this you told me you wouldn't because of theme clash but the exclusives for sde on other Kickstarter proves that's no longer the case. You have added a bunch of extra stuff to legends that weren't supposed to be in the in that after the fact, so add some cards for this. Doesn't even need to be for everything, just a single spawn using the vanilla law-bots and say three hero's that are generic enough actions/attacks wise to be useable across most of the Raiders. I know some people might think that's wish to list, but don't think it's that farfetched or much to ask really.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 9th, 2017, 4:56 pm
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 11th, 2015, 9:22 pm
Posts: 15
I don't think it's that nobody cares, there's just not really anything new to discuss from the recent updates. It's just waiting...

I'd definitely like to see SDE cards for the RR characters and law bots. I've been thinking how I might make it work myself, but official would of course be preferred. In terms of a spawn point I was thinking Marshalls as the spawn point, I'm hoping to see what they did was Siege of the Citadels moving spawn points to base them off. My thinking is they're calling in lawbot reinforcements and guiding their tactics. Spawns would be a mix of all the lawbots(deputies, old tyme, etc). Maybe use a couple of the more 'bad guy' looking PCs as mini-boss and boss. We'll see...

Still looking forward to the game proper. Might house rule some more 'Push your luck' style elements (having to successfully get off the train before hitting the station, etc.), but am hoping the game will play well enough without any need.

Hoping this will turn out to be a good gateway and filler title between longer more complex games.


April 9th, 2017, 9:05 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
rudehero wrote:
I don't think it's that nobody cares, there's just not really anything new to discuss from the recent updates. It's just waiting...

I'd definitely like to see SDE cards for the RR characters and law bots. I've been thinking how I might make it work myself, but official would of course be preferred. In terms of a spawn point I was thinking Marshalls as the spawn point, I'm hoping to see what they did was Siege of the Citadels moving spawn points to base them off. My thinking is they're calling in lawbot reinforcements and guiding their tactics. Spawns would be a mix of all the lawbots(deputies, old tyme, etc). Maybe use a couple of the more 'bad guy' looking PCs as mini-boss and boss. We'll see...

Still looking forward to the game proper. Might house rule some more 'Push your luck' style elements (having to successfully get off the train before hitting the station, etc.), but am hoping the game will play well enough without any need.

Hoping this will turn out to be a good gateway and filler title between longer more complex games.


Tbf my title is a bit unfair or click baity. Then again this forum is a tad dead so anything to get a discousion going. I don't think I'll be changing too much. Just tweeking a few things and as you said add a bit more risk and reward. This is all going of the demo game using proxy pieces from ages ago however and obviously alot could have changed from then.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 9th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2016, 4:52 am
Posts: 67
Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
I have only been on this forum a couple of times and I have always tried to be patiently optimistic. (Originally this was suppose to be a birthday present for me in December.) I understand that there are delays, but I do hope things happen quickly now. I look forward to playing this game as designed, but I would also really like to see some SDE cards for the game. They could easily make spawns points such as Rudehero suggested (I really like his idea of Marshals as mobile spawn points). I would be overjoyed to get hero cards for the raiders (they could even just do a few generic ones such as they did for NAS). If anyone from ND is reading this please make this a great birthday present and include SDE cards please!! I am sure everyone would appreciate this.

They might say that these raiders wouldn't fit into SDE, but they could say that their futuristic looking guns are either magic or crystal powered. There are many engineers from Clockwork Cove that could of designed them. The engineers and tinkers would always be constantly competing to see who could make the most awesome looking gun of all. Also they already have heroes with guns in the game.


April 10th, 2017, 2:10 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
GoblinMage wrote:
I have only been on this forum a couple of times and I have always tried to be patiently optimistic. (Originally this was suppose to be a birthday present for me in December.) I understand that there are delays, but I do hope things happen quickly now. I look forward to playing this game as designed, but I would also really like to see some SDE cards for the game. They could easily make spawns points such as Rudehero suggested (I really like his idea of Marshals as mobile spawn points). I would be overjoyed to get hero cards for the raiders (they could even just do a few generic ones such as they did for NAS). If anyone from ND is reading this please make this a great birthday present and include SDE cards please!! I am sure everyone would appreciate this.

They might say that these raiders wouldn't fit into SDE, but they could say that their futuristic looking guns are either magic or crystal powered. There are many engineers from Clockwork Cove that could have designed them. The engineers and tinkers would always be constantly competing to see who could make the most awesome looking gun of all. Also, they already have heroes with guns in the game.


The thing is, as you said with the idea of calling it steampunk or magical crystals. There are ZERO excuses to not do this other then, they can't be bothered/have the time or they plan on selling it separately. Ninjas we know your watching.

*COUGH COUGH*

Image

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 10th, 2017, 8:16 am
Profile
Employee
User avatar

Joined: July 12th, 2012, 3:49 am
Posts: 332
Guys, I'm just going to be blunt -- Super Dungeon cards for the Rail Raiders Infinite characters isn't going to happen.

We are already behind on the project and we are not going to make all of the backers wait even longer so that we can add more stuff to the campaign.


The Super Dungeon team is also concentrating on getting Super Dungeon: Legends ready. They are not going to put Legends on hold so that they can create and test 20 new crossover heroes for Super Dungeon Explore.


April 10th, 2017, 4:00 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
ND_nekodachi wrote:
Guys, I'm just going to be blunt -- Super Dungeon cards for the Rail Raiders Infinite characters isn't going to happen.

We are already behind on the project and we are not going to make all of the backers wait even longer so that we can add more stuff to the campaign.


The Super Dungeon team is also concentrating on getting Super Dungeon: Legends ready. They are not going to put Legends on hold so that they can create and test 20 new crossover heroes for Super Dungeon Explore.


Ah shot down. A man can dream.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 10th, 2017, 4:53 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2016, 4:52 am
Posts: 67
Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
@Nekodachi

Is there any chance that they might make SDE cards later that we can download and print? I would be willing to wait until after the kickstarters are over for them. I understand that this would take time to do, but I think most of us would be willing to wait for cards that we could just get from your website. Either that or maybe hold a contest to see who could design the best cards. This way all you would have to do is give the cards the thumbs up (maybe some minor tweaking) and post them on the website so they could be downloaded and printed. This would save you guys some time and who wouldn't want to see their card as the winner. We could even play test them and vote on the winners ourselves. I think that this could be a good compromise. This would save you guys lots of time and only the people interested would have to print them.

I will stay play RRI as intended, but I would just like to also play with the raiders in SDE occasionally. My kids would love to play with some of the raiders. This could be the first time that Cola could actually be played as a hero and not just a pet. My daughter loves Cola and is disappointed that he is not a hero yet. Myself and others would love to see some of the anime inspired characters as heroes. Who wouldn't want to see their favorite movie or T.V. character as a SDE character. I do not wish to cause contention or "beat the dead horse". Thanks for all that you guys have done.


April 10th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 11th, 2015, 9:22 pm
Posts: 15
@Neko

Yeah, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd suggest adding anything that could even remotely delay either project.

I for one would think a 'Cross-over Box' could have potential at retail. Maybe 4 Western Themed tiles, a couple actual spawn points (unless utilizing something already in RR), a mini-boss, boss, and cards for the various Law Bots, 'Heroes', and loot. Requires RR to use. I like the idea of Westernized Dr. Wily and Sigma (Megaman) Robber Barons, building evil lawbots to subjugate the lawless frontier space for their own profit. IDK, just a thought.

Regardless, looking forward to having RRI hit the table. Hoping it ends up good enough you get a bunch of us back here clamoring for cards to bring our favorite SDE characters over to RRI as well :lol:


April 10th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 97
Either of the above would state my appetite. I'll be absolutely gutted if nothing comes of RRI x SDE.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.


April 10th, 2017, 7:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.