View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 5:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Delays with a side of salt. 
Author Message
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 179
When is this expected to be arriving? I may be mistaken but havn't we missed the second deadline? At least the first time we did we were given an idea on WHEN it would be arriving after the fact.

I bought into this because it was 'cheap' and was supposed to arrive in a relatively short amount of time. The game looked a bit wishiwashi, but I liked the idea and the models. With the massive delays to legends, this was supposed to be a nice little pit stop along the way to that. Now considering the delays and little commentary or feedback (90% of the kickstarter updates are just of the minitures imo) I'm starting to feel like this whole IP is dead in the water before it even started at this point.

Enough with my ramblings, I hate to be negative so I appolgoise for that, has anybody got any idea what's going on with this kickstarter?

P.S the minitures still are gorgeous, and if that's all this ends up being I will live, but I can't help but get the feeling this whole kickstarter has been riding on that fact from the start. Anyone else agree with me? And hey if I'm just being salty feel free to shoot me down, I'm opening to all constructive discussion. :ugeek:

:EDIT: two emails in a row with "nothing to report" says it's all really doesn't it.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.
----------
Subscribe to my youtube channel!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiC1n2 ... irmation=1
Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/


Last edited by Rainthezangoose on February 2nd, 2017, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.



February 2nd, 2017, 7:57 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 17th, 2016, 4:39 pm
Posts: 258
I don't know when they expect this to deliver. The last update that mentioned the delays were a bit vague on that point unless I missed something.

Side of Salt:
I'm generally a positive person by nature but I have to agree with some of what you have said.

I'm also in the Legends KS and involved in the beta testing over there, so that, along with my huge library of other games is keeping me busy. The delay here actually doesn't bother me that much, but I think that is because I am a bit uncaring about this game and that makes me kind of sad. I am having a bit of buyers remorse on this one. I massively into this theme at the time of this KS. I was watching Trigun and Cowboy Bebop for the first time when this came out. They had been on my to watch list for quite a few years, just never got around to them. This game came out at the perfect time. I really got swept up in the theme and got a bit of the KS addiction going on. Now that the Space Western phase and the high of the KS have faded I'm not sure I would have bought this. Maybe I'll feel better about it when it is in hand. I hope so. What I see of the gameplay is just leaving me feeling underwhelmed now that the hype is over.

The mini's sure are nice looking though....I hope when this does arrive I enjoy the game as much as I do the style.


February 2nd, 2017, 3:19 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 179
AzureKnight wrote:
I don't know when they expect this to deliver. The last update that mentioned the delays were a bit vague on that point unless I missed something.

Side of Salt:
I'm generally a positive person by nature but I have to agree with some of what you have said.

I'm also in the Legends KS and involved in the beta testing over there, so that, along with my huge library of other games is keeping me busy. The delay here actually doesn't bother me that much, but I think that is because I am a bit uncaring about this game and that makes me kind of sad. I am having a bit of buyers remorse on this one. I massively into this theme at the time of this KS. I was watching Trigun and Cowboy Bebop for the first time when this came out. They had been on my to watch list for quite a few years, just never got around to them. This game came out at the perfect time. I really got swept up in the theme and got a bit of the KS addiction going on. Now that the Space Western phase and the high of the KS have faded I'm not sure I would have bought this. Maybe I'll feel better about it when it is in hand. I hope so. What I see of the gameplay is just leaving me feeling underwhelmed now that the hype is over.

The mini's sure are nice looking though....I hope when this does arrive I enjoy the game as much as I do the style.


Its scary how much we are in the same boat, literally the same story for me right down to watching trigun at the time. Honestly worst come to push Im gonna home bru these models into SDE, maybe some cheesy storyline about portals and time travel... I donno. Hey it might be ace, Iv never counted something out until iv played it in the flesh.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.
----------
Subscribe to my youtube channel!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiC1n2 ... irmation=1
Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/


February 2nd, 2017, 3:29 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2016, 4:52 am
Posts: 87
Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
The last I had heard was that we might get the game in March or April. I was also hoping that this would of been out in December (was suppose to of been my birthday present). I am trying to be patient and optimistic about the game. I hope the game will be a quick and fun game to play with my kids.

I have also been thinking of using the minis for use in SDE. I would say they could be from Clockwork Cove. The law bots could be constructs made by the gnomes and dwarves. My idea to tie the weapons in is that they are guns powered by the different crystals found in Crystalia and that they are etched with magical runes. In a place that is home to engineers they would compete to see who could make the best weapons and constructs (this could explain the fancy guns).


February 3rd, 2017, 1:10 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 17th, 2016, 4:39 pm
Posts: 258
That is funny, like both of you I plan on doing an SDE crossover with these guys as well. I also planned on making them a construct out of Clockwork Cove! Maybe we can community design that warband and get it on the compendium.


February 3rd, 2017, 3:19 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 179
AzureKnight wrote:
That is funny, like both of you I plan on doing an SDE crossover with these guys as well. I also planned on making them a construct out of Clockwork Cove! Maybe we can community design that warband and get it on the compendium.


I'd like that, come to a group agreement on somthing that's interesting but balanced.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.
----------
Subscribe to my youtube channel!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiC1n2 ... irmation=1
Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/


February 3rd, 2017, 10:42 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2012, 2:03 pm
Posts: 444
Rainthezangoose wrote:
AzureKnight wrote:
That is funny, like both of you I plan on doing an SDE crossover with these guys as well. I also planned on making them a construct out of Clockwork Cove! Maybe we can community design that warband and get it on the compendium.


I'd like that, come to a group agreement on somthing that's interesting but balanced.

I would wait until we see the Siege of the Citadel chibi rules, I'm sure some of those will be easy conversions.


February 4th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 275
I have come to the conclusion that all kickstarters across the board are always a good 5-6 months after their EXPECTED date. For ALL kickstarters.

However, this and legends I find really disappointing. Mainly because they launched way of the fighter, releasing new relic knights stuff, and yet this stuff is dead in the water.


February 10th, 2017, 5:50 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2013, 10:34 pm
Posts: 192
dsdrew924 wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that all kickstarters across the board are always a good 5-6 months after their EXPECTED date. For ALL kickstarters.

However, this and legends I find really disappointing. Mainly because they launched way of the fighter, releasing new relic knights stuff, and yet this stuff is dead in the water.


"Dead in the water" are pretty strong words for a project where were just waiting for the factories to print the materials and then it will be shipped to us.


February 11th, 2017, 6:39 pm
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Posts: 286
dsdrew924 wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that all kickstarters across the board are always a good 5-6 months after their EXPECTED date. For ALL kickstarters.

However, this and legends I find really disappointing. Mainly because they launched way of the fighter, releasing new relic knights stuff, and yet this stuff is dead in the water.


I generally have seen 6 month delays as well. Two key exceptions: Santorini and LOAD. On the plus side, I believe the manufacture's for LOAD are teaming up with ND for Relic Knights. Interested to see if they (Archon) deliver as fast as they did for their first KS.


February 12th, 2017, 12:55 am
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 26th, 2015, 9:25 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Great White North
I am still looking forward to getting this, whenever it does show up. Not so much for the actual game itself, but the more Munchkin-like beer-and-pretzels game outlined in one of the earlier threads here.

I am getting worried though. Months delayed from the most recent delayed release date. Very little being shown of anything production level, usually a sign that a company's not happy with their product. I hope we get a 'state of the campaign' update soon that says definitively where they're at, why its been still delayed, and when they realistically expect it to be finished.

I've really soured on SPM, from being a fanatic supporter in the FK KS, really not being pleased with that product, and backing Legends and this. Seeing the cluster-muck of the playtest really revealed just how badly SPM doesn't know what they're doing. Hiring an actual game designer was a good step to see, but really shows what a state they were in before, and makes all the concerns about this game's ruleset from the KS all the more validated.


February 12th, 2017, 5:40 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2012, 2:03 pm
Posts: 444
Ulf Beorstruk wrote:
I am still looking forward to getting this, whenever it does show up. Not so much for the actual game itself, but the more Munchkin-like beer-and-pretzels game outlined in one of the earlier threads here.

I am getting worried though. Months delayed from the most recent delayed release date. Very little being shown of anything production level, usually a sign that a company's not happy with their product. I hope we get a 'state of the campaign' update soon that says definitively where they're at, why its been still delayed, and when they realistically expect it to be finished.

Or that they've got nothing new to show because the Factories haven't really restarted after the Chinese New Year shutdown. According tothis site the shutdown can cover from 2 weeks before the holiday to 2-to-3 weeks after and it can take even longer for the factories to get back up to full capacity. The 3 weeks in which we've gotten nothing but "no new updates" falls into that time period, SPM probably not giving us any information because the factory isn't giving them any.


February 12th, 2017, 3:04 pm
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 11:28 pm
Posts: 9
I feel the same as the OP. I backed this because it seemed like a smaller release and hitting December 2016 (at worst) seemed doable for SPM. Now I'm hoping to have my copy by April.

I think what really gets me is the lack of new releases for some of these games in between Kickstarters. In between SDE: TFK and now we've gotten only a handful of releases. My annoyance skyrockets with NAS where the Hidden Shrine expansion has been up for pre-order for 10 months. Seriously, can you just sell me more things in the interim?

I've done four Kickstarters with SPM. I don't think I'll be doing a fifth.


February 12th, 2017, 4:22 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: March 14th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Posts: 922
Location: Utah
Kingdom Death has thoroughly convinced me that I don't actually care how late a game delivers. No matter how much I think I care at the time, in the end, it doesn't hurt the experience of actually playing the game.



Yes, I would have liked for Rail Raiders to be part of the 15% of Kickstarters that deliver on time, but with it being overfunded and all, it wasn't terribly likely from the start.

I think the game looks like fun- in a way that is completely different from SPM's other games. I don't expect it to take off and be huge because of this- I think it will be a cool game though.


(as far as I can tell, SPM have planned a lot of stuff to come out between Kickstarters, but they seem to still be suffering from some growing pains).

_________________
Image Garden Ninja Studios


February 21st, 2017, 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 17th, 2016, 4:39 pm
Posts: 258
odinsgrandson wrote:
Kingdom Death has thoroughly convinced me that I don't actually care how late a game delivers. No matter how much I think I care at the time, in the end, it doesn't hurt the experience of actually playing the game.



(as far as I can tell, SPM have planned a lot of stuff to come out between Kickstarters, but they seem to still be suffering from some growing pains).


I would agree, I've worked for small companies and you often do your best but it is easy, and sadly sometime necessary to overextend yourself.

As for the delay, that doesn't bother me much. I am blessed to be in a point in my life where I have a good library of games, so I have plenty to keep me occupied.


February 21st, 2017, 2:47 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2015, 5:33 pm
Posts: 179
Honestly this coupled with how I cant even get anything new such as Arena or Ninja Ambush (it seem impossible to get anything for SPM unless your in the states! or want to pay an unrealisticly high postage charges, seriously forgeworld quoted me less then SPM have) has soured my support for a company that Iv been backing since the start. I can remember when they released the first metal models for SDE and I was so hyped. Honestly time has left me jaded and the fact that they have the nerve to be pushing Relic Knights 2nd edition on kickstarter atm, following that stupid fighting game when legends was funded October 2015, and RRI is shy of half a year late at this point. NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

also on another point
Customers: We want actual updates on the thing we collectively paid over a million for (sde+rri)
SPM: yeah okay we will just send you two weekly emails saying "nothing to report"

Yeah great thanks. Just what I wanted.

_________________
New avatar; drawn by the love of my life and coloured by yours truly.
----------
Subscribe to my youtube channel!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiC1n2 ... irmation=1
Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/


March 8th, 2017, 4:06 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: March 14th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Posts: 922
Location: Utah
I'm pretty sure that's the reason why they're going to a two week schedule with the new Relic Knights stuff. I'm not convinced that there is news every week (and I haven't found nearly as much complaining about Reaper posting twice a month that they don't have any news).


On Rail Raiders- I feel like I've got a good grasp on where everything is in production- I don't know exactly when shipping is going to start, but I can see it coming together. I do feel that they waited until it was very late to announce that it was delayed (they gave me enough information that I knew it was delayed way before they said so outright).

And that bit during Chinese New Year- where they didn't really post anything... that was odd feeling. I'm glad they stuck to their word in keeping the schedule- but I think a different schedule would have been better.


As always, I want all of the things right now- but that was true before we past up delivery dates. Hell, it was true before the kickstarter ended, you know?

_________________
Image Garden Ninja Studios


April 1st, 2017, 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 275
homedrone wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that all kickstarters across the board are always a good 5-6 months after their EXPECTED date. For ALL kickstarters.

However, this and legends I find really disappointing. Mainly because they launched way of the fighter, releasing new relic knights stuff, and yet this stuff is dead in the water.


"Dead in the water" are pretty strong words for a project where were just waiting for the factories to print the materials and then it will be shipped to us.


Yeah, those words might have been a little heavy, it just seems a lot of the updates are "Were waitng so youre waiting."

Im still excited for the SPM games I backed, just a little frustrated that I did the full pledge on every project I backed and have not really received any kind of return.


April 3rd, 2017, 4:07 pm
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Posts: 286
odinsgrandson wrote:
And that bit during Chinese New Year- where they didn't really post anything... that was odd feeling. I'm glad they stuck to their word in keeping the schedule- but I think a different schedule would have been better.


I'm into a dozen or so game KS's at this point, and for all intents and purposes, they should just tack on 3-4 months from the get go. As in, they could say, top line of the KS:

"Our plan is to ship by Thanksgiving. But CNY, so April."


April 3rd, 2017, 9:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.