View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2017, 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 House rules 
Mini-Boss

My first idea upon reading the rules was: hm, why "must" the raider assisting in a showdown use his best hand? Would be neat if one could pledge assistance only to withdraw it by choosing a lesser hand. Losing on purpose, one might say. I have to admit that I'd have to play a few games to check if there is any situation when this might give an edge, though.

Rules look nice. Easy enough to understand fast. Hope the game plays fluent and is as much fun as I hope it is.

September 28th, 2016, 2:21 pm
Mini-Boss

Really? House rules? I'm so happy to be avoided this and future franchises of SPM. I Just going to keep the eye on SDE.

Aella13 Painting Guide

September 28th, 2016, 5:30 pm
Dungeon Boss

Nephastus wrote:
Really? House rules? I'm so happy to be avoided this and future franchises of SPM. I Just going to keep the eye on SDE.

If you plan to avoid the game, then it might be best you avoid the forums to. This is a thread for house rules, not your continued complaints.

Xris Wraith wrote:
My first idea upon reading the rules was: hm, why "must" the raider assisting in a showdown use his best hand? Would be neat if one could pledge assistance only to withdraw it by choosing a lesser hand. Losing on purpose, one might say. I have to admit that I'd have to play a few games to check if there is any situation when this might give an edge, though.

Rules look nice. Easy enough to understand fast. Hope the game plays fluent and is as much fun as I hope it is.

Honestly, I'm gonna implement that as a house rule as soon as I start playing. The whole idea of tactically losing is rather hilarious, and seams like it could lead to some fun moments. Good on you!

And yeah...game is looking good. Can't wait to actually play it.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

September 28th, 2016, 8:48 pm
Mini-Boss

Agree. Like Siege Citadel Chibis...

Aella13 Painting Guide

September 29th, 2016, 1:23 pm
Mini-Boss

Neph, creating a house rule doesn't mean the original rules aren't good as they are. Only that some things work in my gaming group that the general public might not consider good practice. And breaking deals doesn't seem to be on SPMs agenda for RRI, but I like the idea.
I have to agree with DF, tho. If it's not constructive, you might as well not post. Thanks for reading, anyways.

September 29th, 2016, 3:19 pm
Mini-Boss

I honestly think it would be nicer not to be able to throw the duel (there will already be a lot of negotiating, since you could help someone out by shooting them and moving them to a better location).

That sort of behavior should come with risk.

November 15th, 2016, 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]