View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Deliberately delaying international RRI shipping. 
Denizen

Rainthezangoose wrote:
EU/UK container was supposed to have set of five days ago, I'll take ND silence as another unfulfilled promise.

now ya just getting ridiculous.

November 20th, 2017, 8:29 pm
Minion

Lizardman wrote:
Rainthezangoose wrote:
EU/UK container was supposed to have set of five days ago, I'll take ND silence as another unfulfilled promise.

Really, your joking right? With ND track record and how late this is I think I'm being anything but.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

November 22nd, 2017, 9:01 am
Denizen

Rainthezangoose wrote:
Lizardman wrote:
Rainthezangoose wrote:

Really, your joking right? With ND track record and how late this is I think I'm being anything but.

Nope, def not joking.

What else you want from them? To come round your house and make you breakfast in bed? Get over it, KS projects get delays, sometimes larger than others, it's all part and parcel of the platform.

November 24th, 2017, 9:56 pm
Minion

Lizardman wrote:

What else you want from them? To come round your house and make you breakfast in bed? Get over it, KS projects get delays, sometimes larger than others, it's all part and parcel of the platform.

That is true, but here in Vienna the game has been in retail for a bit now, and already hitting clearance sales/black friday sales for like 40 euros. While backers from Vienna (not me, I only know one other, but I ll just assume since EU hasnt been delivered yet) still wait for it - and thanks to the black friday sale, KS is even more expensive now.

November 26th, 2017, 10:26 am
Minion

Kaiju wrote:
Lizardman wrote:

That is true, but here in Vienna the game has been in retail for a bit now, and already hitting clearance sales/black friday sales for like 40 euros. While backers from Vienna (not me, I only know one other, but I ll just assume since EU hasnt been delivered yet) still wait for it - and thanks to the black friday sale, KS is even more expensive now.

Thank you! Frankly I think lizardmen is being incredibly rude. Also I don't ask for much. If you read my post rather then just being a troll you'd see clear as day it being 'lied' to, despite there :wewanttoearnyourtrust: garbage speech, rather then the delay that bothers me. Also turns out I was right because it's been two weeks since it was supposed to have shipped from China and we hear nothing. Which we can only assume is then failing yet another promise.

Also hearing railraiders is on black Friday clearance is honestly the best analogy for this entire process.

November 27th, 2017, 9:51 am
Minion

For the three people still active in this forum (not making a fresh post no point). The containers have been dispatched and ND are just not giving the sleeves anymore. We are getting ten 'exclusive' loot cards instead (looks like 5 cards and two of each but as always images might not be final). Honestly I think I'd be mad at that but at this stage I'm just happy to know it's on the way and the original sleeves were less then he number of cards the game came with so whatever.

Still a massive sting to see RRI in bargin bins for $24.99 online. I can't decide if that's venom from this KS or people just not getting what they hoped for but I've said it before, a beer and pretzel expirence is exactly what I signed up for and despite everything I still look forward to getting the product. Here's hoping to it landing by the end of Jan.

November 30th, 2017, 1:44 pm
Minion

I feel sorry for you having to wait so long. I happen to be one of the U.S. Backers that have received it already. It is more of a beer and pretzel game than SDE. I think many people expected the deep gameplay of SDE and were disappointed when they realized that it was such a quick and simple game. If you want a game with a lot of strategy and deep thinking than this game isn't for you. This game is based mostly on luck of rolling dice and drawing cards with just a dash of strategy. My family plays it quite a lot (my kids are still too young to sit through a game of SDE without complaining about the length). My kids easily understood it and found it easy to play. We have a great time playing it unless my daughter is on one of her amazing lucky streaks when it comes to rolling the dice. Even if you don't enjoy the game you will enjoy the many minis that pay tribute to characters that we all love. I hope you get it soon and enjoy it.

November 30th, 2017, 4:26 pm
Minion

GoblinMage wrote:
I feel sorry for you having to wait so long. I happen to be one of the U.S. Backers that have received it already. It is more of a beer and pretzel game than SDE. I think many people expected the deep gameplay of SDE and were disappointed when they realized that it was such a quick and simple game. If you want a game with a lot of strategy and deep thinking than this game isn't for you. This game is based mostly on luck of rolling dice and drawing cards with just a dash of strategy. My family plays it quite a lot (my kids are still too young to sit through a game of SDE without complaining about the length). My kids easily understood it and found it easy to play. We have a great time playing it unless my daughter is on one of her amazing lucky streaks when it comes to rolling the dice. Even if you don't enjoy the game you will enjoy the many minis that pay tribute to characters that we all love. I hope you get it soon and enjoy it.

Honestly this is what I wanted. It would be redundant to make the same game twice. Honestly I think alot of people thought that RRI was going to be the 40k to Super Dungeons Explore AoS. I honestly would have backed it either way but I was sold on the idea of how simple it would be, something not to take seriously and I can just paint up, stick in a bag and bring to social events or just play with my Dungeons and Dragons group while we are waiting for that one player whos always a couple hours late. I do hope that someone does a strong set of house rules from this or maybe as an expansion for SDE for the people who wasn't happy with the game rule wise. I mean I haven't seen the models but say what you want about ND as a company but you can't knock their models!

November 30th, 2017, 5:42 pm
Mini-Boss

The gap between US and RAW backers has caused so much annoyance that it is hard to get anyone to tell you about the gameplay itself.

In my opinion, RRI is a response to a criticism- that their chibi art suggests that their games are super light and appropriate for kids, while the game rules are more complex.

RRI is a very simple game- there are choices to make and strategies to attempt, but you could easily play it with kids, and there's enough random elements to close gaps in player skill (ie, someone can have a significantly worse strategy and still be successful). This doesn't make it non-fun, but it doesn't match up with what a lot of people want.

Part of me wants to try the game with all the cars revealed (the way that the Star Express does). I think this would actually lead to more strategic thinking, and faster gameplay (the only place where the game pace normally slows is in revealing new cars and setting them up).

Overall, I think that Sodapop is trying to make their chibi games very distinct from one another. RRI is a LOT lighter than SDE or NAS.

December 7th, 2017, 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2