View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2017, 12:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Deliberately delaying international RRI shipping. 
Minion

Incase you missed it from the latest email, why non-US Kickstarter have not been fulfilled:
---------
Why have Global pledge fulfillments been such a long time after the US ones?
We understand that it sucks that those of you not in US are still waiting for your deliveries. The number of US pledges was in a large enough quantity to fill a container to ship directly to the US immediately. While the Global pledges were not sufficient to fill a container, the Way of the Fighter product was soon to be complete and with both pledges combined were enough to fill the container. At that time we made the decision to hold the shipment so that both shipments could be consolidated for shipping to their international hubs. We have received estimates that the ship with your pledges will be leaving port early October and then our distribution hubs will fulfill your pledges as quickly as possible. We apologize for the gap between the US and Global shipments. For future projects we will do everything we can to minimize that gap.
-------------------
Now I want to know everyone else's opinion on this, because honestly I think it's incredibly sneaky. I feel like the possibility of it being merged with another dispatch should have been outlined within the initial Kickstarter. The delay has been pretty substantial and to choose to delay an already late product by a months for a reason like this seems just underhanded, especially considering how long it took ND to come clean. Honestly I think I'd be more mad/disappointed but at this stage I have zero faith in ND as a company.
Please do tell me your opinions on this however I would like a Civil discussion; backer betrayal or am I just jaded from everything going on with this and legends.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Rainthezangoose on October 16th, 2017, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 30th, 2017, 8:40 am
Denizen

It's the sort of decision that makes perfect sense from a bean counters point of view. However for the customer who is emotionaly invested in the product its the kiss of death.

At the end of the day it is a toy and a luxury first world one , However having said that human nature being what it is people do not like delayed gratification and marketing should have known that and the cost saving in shipping has probally been vastly exceeded by the man hours required to firefight a pr nightmare.

September 30th, 2017, 8:47 am
Minion

growlley wrote:
It's the sort of decision that makes perfect sense from a bean counters point of view. However for the customer who is emotionaly invested in the product its the kiss of death.

At the end of the day it is a toy and a luxury first world one , However having said that human nature being what it is people do not like delayed gratification and marketing should have known that and the cost saving in shipping has probally been vastly exceeded by the man hours required to firefight a pr nightmare.

Yeah, couldn't have said it better myself. I think they made a mistake delaying telling people about it however, makes it seem that much more malicious. They must have known about this at least as long as US units were shipped. The notion would be fair and logical if it wasn't a year late and with that in mind I personally think the decision is unacceptable.

Now I think its also important to note that the project Funded at $30,000 but they got $339,724 in pledges. Now I understand that more pledges is more costs but at that stage, and with my above point? Well lets just say I hope the saving was worth it.

:edit: just been on the RRI kick-starter and holy:soda: people are not happy at all.

September 30th, 2017, 10:48 am
Minion

I think some of the "anger" on the RRI comments page is completely blown out of proportion. Some of the issues are warranted and SPM is dealing with them. Others are backers just being completely unreasonable. It doesn't help when you add some people posting that are just intentionally inflammatory and childish.

I get that SPM has to be careful with their spending and if holding back a shipment to merge with another makes the best financial sense, then I have no problem with that. My pledge is among the Canadian ones still to be shipped. Can't say I'm overly happy about the delay, but I understand. I will never be one of those backers in the comments page having a complete tantrum over SPM's decision to use the KS exclusive box instead of the retail box.... sheesh...

October 3rd, 2017, 7:42 pm
Minion

Sartalo wrote:
I think some of the "anger" on the RRI comments page is completely blown out of proportion. Some of the issues are warranted and SPM is dealing with them. Others are backers just being completely unreasonable. It doesn't help when you add some people posting that are just intentionally inflammatory and childish.

I get that SPM has to be careful with their spending and if holding back a shipment to merge with another makes the best financial sense, then I have no problem with that. My pledge is among the Canadian ones still to be shipped. Can't say I'm overly happy about the delay, but I understand. I will never be one of those backers in the comments page having a complete tantrum over SPM's decision to use the KS exclusive box instead of the retail box.... sheesh...

I know what you mean. In a way as well I feel like people spitting their dummy out of the box takes away from the real issues, such as what I mentioned in my OP. Frankly having as special box is preferable. I think I would care less about the delay if i wasn't so jaded by legends.

October 3rd, 2017, 8:13 pm
Mini-Boss

Somehow, a delay gets WAY longer when someone else has their stuff.

I've been part of KS that took several months to ship everything out- and my stuff was mispacked, so I had to wait until the end of all of it to get any of the things I pledged for.

Yeah- it sucks.

To be honest, this is the sort of thing that is happening ALL THE TIME behind the scenes (bean counting is important or your company can't keep making games). If Ninja Division weren't as up front as they are about it, all we would know is that fulfillment in different regions happened at different times- like a month later (which is true for a LOT of kickstarters, now that I think about it).

Really, any of the RRI hate is coming from people being irritated by the lateness of Legends- which is largely subjective because Sodapop have weekly scheduled updates that continually remind us that we don't yet have our cool stuff (been part of much later Kickstarters, but those had much worse communication).

October 4th, 2017, 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
Somehow, a delay gets WAY longer when someone else has their stuff.

I've been part of KS that took several months to ship everything out- and my stuff was mispacked, so I had to wait until the end of all of it to get any of the things I pledged for.

Yeah- it sucks.

To be honest, this is the sort of thing that is happening ALL THE TIME behind the scenes (bean counting is important or your company can't keep making games). If Ninja Division weren't as up front as they are about it, all we would know is that fulfillment in different regions happened at different times- like a month later (which is true for a LOT of kickstarters, now that I think about it).

Really, any of the RRI hate is coming from people being irritated by the lateness of Legends- which is largely subjective because Sodapop have weekly scheduled updates that continually remind us that we don't yet have our cool stuff (been part of much later Kickstarters, but those had much worse communication).

You know I'm not going to argue. Because even despite having my fair share of salt, I've always known legends was playing a part in it. Then again I don't necessarily think that excesses it or makes the salt any less valid you know. I mean I can't be the only one who doesn't buys into the "its okay having five kick-starters at once, each is independent and do not effect each other". At the end of the day that is never going to be completely true. Still like I said you are completely right.

If anything the fact that non-US Ninja supporters have been neglected LOOOONG before even Legends. Getting their products without paying double or triple the cost in postage and import charges has always been a problem. I think that has poured fuel on the flame that is the latested Development in RRI, more then anything really. As someone from the UK I feel like my custom is very much an afterthought. Which is annoying because I've been here since before SDE and remember a time when this wasn't the case. :c

October 5th, 2017, 1:09 pm
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:

To be honest, I am less upset with Legends than I am with the RRI campaign. Legends was my first Kickstarter from ND/SPM (I purchased their other products from retail before knowing of KS). Since then I have backed three more of their projects plus Siege of the Citadel. Just looking through all of these campaigns there is undeniably communication issue including false statements (intentional or not, I don't know).

The "weekly updates" they spoke in the past of proudly keeping up with...when people started receiving their pledges found out they are missing items...their was no official update for ~3 weeks nor any presence (maybe one post that seems oblivious to the issue). With RRI the issue started when just one month before fulfillment of the pledges back in 2016 with updates stating everything is on schedule...we were told, oops that they were not. After that, I just started seeing these type of "mistakes" in their other campaigns. The update post made when Starfinder campaign started, stated that both Rail Raiders Infinite and Way of the Fighter were "done and delivering"...Rail Raiders Infinite digital PDF is still in layout and is expected by the end of the week. Sleeves are just being made now. Fairly small stuff. Way of the Fighters, the miniatures don't have molds yet. Their definition of "done and delivery" is very different from what seems to be works in progress still.

October 5th, 2017, 4:25 pm
Minion

akai wrote:
To be honest, I am less upset with Legends than I am with the RRI campaign. Legends was my first Kickstarter from ND/SPM (I purchased their other products from retail before knowing of KS). Since then I have backed three more of their projects plus Siege of the Citadel. Just looking through all of these campaigns there is undeniably communication issue including false statements (intentional or not, I don't know).

The "weekly updates" they spoke in the past of proudly keeping up with...when people started receiving their pledges found out they are missing items...their was no official update for ~3 weeks nor any presence (maybe one post that seems oblivious to the issue). With RRI the issue started when just one month before fulfillment of the pledges back in 2016 with updates stating everything is on schedule...we were told, oops that they were not. After that, I just started seeing these type of "mistakes" in their other campaigns. The update post made when Starfinder campaign started, stated that both Rail Raiders Infinite and Way of the Fighter were "done and delivering"...Rail Raiders Infinite digital PDF is still in layout and is expected by the end of the week. Sleeves are just being made now. Fairly small stuff. Way of the Fighters, the miniatures don't have molds yet. Their definition of "done and delivery" is very different from what seems to be works in progress still.

Not to mention that fact that I know a good part of me backed RailRiders at maximum pledge so I'd have something to tide me over waiting for Legends. I mean that's still something that's going to happen, but I just feel like Ninja Division are a) Bad at Kickstarters b) don't NEED to do Kickstarters and finally c) Don't actually realizes the actual amount of damage theses mistakes have made, especially to their longest and previously most adamant supporters.
Remember when Arcadia Quest was first becoming popular and people over here was foaming at the mouths defending Ninja Division and their brand. Honestly if that had happened now, I don't think anybody would have given a :soda:.

October 5th, 2017, 4:51 pm
Minion

For whom is curious, people have started to report RETAIL copies of RRI in stores. :roll:

October 16th, 2017, 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]