View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 30th, 2017, 6:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 SDE Crossover, let's design it 
Denizen

Rainthezangoose wrote:
Lizardman wrote:
cool cool, got the templates back to a normal state (so far... lol) will put this new info in from your update, but what about crystal affinity? Maybe we could just use the blue crystal to tie in with the law bots glowing blue eyes or somethin, i dunno

Yeah blue makes sense. They glow blue and they are made of blue plastic. I'll add that now. Honestly a big thanks to you for drumming this up in card form. All the work wouldn't mean much if we had to play with stats wrote down in a list!

cheers mate, i think everyone here deserves a pat on the back!!

Anywhoooo...... DO NOT run terminal scripts willy nilly in peppermint OS without fully reading the explanation text........Long story short, i lost ALL my work since the re-format, on top of that i had to re-install the whole OS coz the terminal command i used actually moved entire system folders and core files to my bloody GIMP themes folder lol.

May 10th, 2017, 12:44 am
Mini-Boss

Well, crystal affinity relates to orientation. The bots are a mix of ranged and cc, so it should be citrine/emerald, I think.

May 10th, 2017, 3:30 am
Denizen

Xris Wraith wrote:
Well, crystal affinity relates to orientation. The bots are a mix of ranged and cc, so it should be citrine/emerald, I think.

orientation as in a ranged or melee unit?

mmmm that's gonna give me something to look over on every single bloody card now hahahahhahaha

May 10th, 2017, 4:40 am
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:

Do we know this for certain?

Check out my personal blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Nothing fancy just an intimate chronicle.

May 10th, 2017, 7:23 am
Mini-Boss

Yes, it also relates to the princesses. Ruby is magic user, emerald is ranged, citrine pictured with melee gloves, sapphire defensive with shield iirc.

May 10th, 2017, 6:36 pm
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:
Yes, it also relates to the princesses. Ruby is magic user, emerald is ranged, citrine pictured with melee gloves, sapphire defensive with shield iirc.

I'll update the latest rules accordingly.
I made the deputies and Sheriffs Citrine & Emerald as you suggested and then the Marshals Blue and Emerald becasue they have the defence matrix ability and function as the spawn, feels more defence to me.

May 10th, 2017, 8:06 pm
Mini-Boss

You could also design a spawn aura around the defensive theme.

Says post no. 500. Yay, miniboss!

May 11th, 2017, 7:25 am
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:
You could also design a spawn aura around the defensive theme.

Says post no. 500. Yay, miniboss!

Care to elaborate?

May 11th, 2017, 8:58 am
Mini-Boss

Well, every spawn since FK has an aura with effects for close-up heroes or monsters. Defence oriented could mean that the aura enhances the arm of the deputies, for example. This is normally coupled with an affinity. It could say sth like "all minions within 2 squares with sapphire affinity get +1 ARM"

If you were referring to the rest, nevermind.

May 12th, 2017, 4:25 pm
Denizen

or perhaps all heroes within 2 squares have Hex or Bane cast on them (Search Lights or somesuch, Deadly Targeting i dunno)

May 12th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Mini-Boss

The problem with that comes with the mobile spawner. It would be an instant status effect without AP cost. WHich I think is too hard. But maybe, if the spawn needs a buff in the end, that could be a solution.

May 13th, 2017, 4:40 pm
Denizen

Xris Wraith wrote:
The problem with that comes with the mobile spawner. It would be an instant status effect without AP cost. WHich I think is too hard. But maybe, if the spawn needs a buff in the end, that could be a solution.

we could perhaps make the spawning point a glass cannon? mmmmm i dunno you guys are better with custom stuffs, im just good at inputting that info into the templates lol

May 13th, 2017, 11:05 pm
Minion

Im thinking if we wanted to make the mobile spawner have a passive AOE ability, then IPDM should have its effect become automatic, ie every sheriff or deputy in wave 2 gets +1B, this would do the same thing. I'd just want to replaced IPDM with a new Initiate protocol as I think the Marshal will still need a 1 cost blue action to round of the character. This new passive ability would need a new name, like:

"Defence Matrix" and then on the back of the card where it explains Special rules read somthing like "All Emerald Lawbots within wave 2 of the Marshal add +1B to their ARM" This would also allow for room for rules for the other lawbots from the expansions as we can deliberately design them around a different crystal affinity.

As for the remaining 1 action blue, perhaps something like "Initiate Protocol Efficiency Override" One Action Point Blue "Beneficial, Augment" Deputy targeted gains "massive damage". This might seem a bit powerful at first, but remember it only works for the deputies, who are weak and have 1 action anyway.

Feel free to offer suggestions or amendments, this is all just on the fly cause I hadn't posted the other day because I was little stumped.

May 14th, 2017, 2:59 pm
Minion

Just a bit of a bump to try and get people back on with this, hope this isnt against any rules but we were really getting some ground with this. We giving up Ladys and Gents?

May 29th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Minion

Well I cobbled together 3 cards for them based on my own ideas, need to add a spawn point card at some stage.

http://imgur.com/a/yWDCN

Not tried to playtest em, most abilities are either over or underpowered.

May 29th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3