View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2017, 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Alternate Advancement 
Mini-Boss

Looking over the section on advancement led me to think that it might be pretty cool for a league to change the advancement rules around a bit.

(By the way, I'm not saying the rules as written are bad- I'm just looking at some of the fun that can be had if we mess with them)

- Elemental Affinities League:

*For every non-hero ninja you recruit, roll one die. Add that affinity to the ninja.

This will allow for a lot of new combinations among the different clans. It will shake up some balance things over the course of the league, as I think some combinations are better than others, but I don't think that any of them will break the game.

This also allows players to plan out their advancements (mostly).

- Chaotic Keyword League

*If he did not roll doubles, the advancing ninja must choose a keyword that is either general or from an element that they rolled.

This messes with your ability to have long term plans for your ninja, but really makes them all unique.

Anyway, what do you all think?

February 2nd, 2016, 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

i have yet to play league but i think the chaotic would be fun as i see a lot of ijin horns "armies" and i believe it would be fun if you had to choose one of the elements rolled.

February 3rd, 2016, 12:10 am
Mini-Boss

I'd think, if you'd roll 1 D6 for the keywords, too, it might be way more fun. The planned, perfect builds of some clans look way too strong to me.

February 8th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]