View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ninja Circuit 
Minion

Tested with shrine teams, still iterating

Ninja Circuit

Ninja Allowed: 7

Setup:
In step four of the setup, before lanterns and shrines are placed, relative to the starting player, place a lantern at (11,10) and another at (10,11) ( (x,y) indicates the space x rows away from the starting player and y columns from the left of the board relative to the starting player). These two lanterns are called the Scoring Lanterns. Then the start player places a goal space tokens at each of the coordinates (4,10), (11,4), (17,11), and (10,17) and three medal tokens of the corresponding color on each of these goal space tokens.

Special Rules:
During the match, if a model is adjacent to a medal token and the model is carrying no medal tokens, it may spend an action to pick that token up. A model that is already carrying a medal token only spends one movement point to pick up an adjacent medal token. However, a model cannot pick up more than one medal token of each color.

If a model carrying medal tokens is injured, all opponents of the model's controller get 1 point plus 1 point for each medal that model was carrying. Return all medal tokens it was carrying to their corresponding goal space tokens. If a model with medal tokens is adjacent to the Scoring Lanterns it may spend 1 movement point to score for all of the medal tokens it is carrying in the following way:

# of medal tokens: 1,2,3,4
# of points scored: 1, 3, 6, 10

After a player scores with a model, remove all the medal tokens it is carrying and place them back on their corresponding goal space tokens.

Challenge Length: 7 rounds.

Additional XP awarded:
Whenever a model injures a model carrying medal tokens controlled by another player, it gets 1XP.
Whenever model with medal tokens scores points by removing its medal tokens, it gets 1XP.

Last edited by RogueRifler on January 31st, 2016, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2016, 3:33 am
Minion

Trying to create rules for generating a Roborally like game type was not working out at all. So instead this is now a combination between Double Domination (rather quadruple) and Assassination.

January 31st, 2016, 12:54 am
Ninja Corps

This one seems interesting. I like the idea of it, and thing that any mechanical issues it may have would have to be discovered through play. Like, if the static placement of the medals is unbalanced because of the places that corresponds to on a map or something. It's hard to tell that without actually running the scenario. I don't know when I'll be able to do that, but I'll give some feedback when I do.

January 31st, 2016, 6:07 pm
Minion

I tried to create general construction rules but they get complicated and there's usually a method to place the tokens in a way that makes it a glorified brawl match. As it stands these are the capture the medal squares for all four players.

January 31st, 2016, 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]