View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Question for uber ninja painters 
Bottle Cap

i am not to the level of some of the painters I have seen here, but I do ok. That said, how in the world are people putting such good eyes on their models? I have no doubt some are hand painted, but I got to believe decals are being used. There is no way I will hand paint eyes that look worth a flip. If someone is putting the eyes on their figures with decals, let me know how and where I can get some. Thanks!

February 28th, 2016, 9:04 am
Denizen

Anime eye decals do exist, just do a google search, but i don't know if any exist in small enough of a scale.

February 28th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Ninja Corps

I am not the best with eyes but here are some of the things that I do with eyes. I use an off white menoth white highlight in my case for the eyes. I find it better to paint on and more natural looking then white. I line the eyes with a dark brown ,umbral umber, battlefield, rhinox or something similar. If your hand is not steady enough to line the eyes paint the brown on first and then paint the bone in leaving the brown.

Paint an elliptical circle for the iris in what ever dark colour you like. Elliptical circles are easier to paint and loose the stare factor that round gives.

Smaller circle in about 2 or 3 shades lighter. Try to put that to a side or in an area to give the eye direction. Black dod the middle of that if you like.

When painting the right eye on the miniature, the eye on your left hand side. I turn the miniature upside down to do this. Being right handed I find it easier to do it this way. I have better access to the area.

When I first started in on my SDE eyes I drew up a few ovals of different sizes with paint and printed them out. I practiced colouring the eye shapes that I wanted on them.

Oh! I also put a heavy gloss coat on my Soda Pop minis eyes to help them shine.
I do a little more with SDE eyes as I want them very anime looking.

I hope this helps if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

February 28th, 2016, 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]