View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2017, 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sensei Swag's Ninja All Stars + 3D Board (coming soon!) 
Bottle Cap

Finally got around to put some paint on these! Just a quick paint job, about 1 hour per model (that's a long time for me, most figures get 15-30 minutes each - or less).

Fire Clan.

Water Clan. I'm going to remount all of these onto clear bases which is why no one has their bases painted.

Closeup of the regular guys, these are my favorite.

Same but for the Water guys.

Octopodes on the hats (yes, that's the correct plural since it's a Greek word). The one one the left is based off the Blue-Ringed Octopus and the other was based one someone else's painting I saw.

Backs of the miniatures. All of the blue is airbrush work to save time. Nothing was brush painted except the wash at the end which was very very light. Even on such a small model, you can get so much contrast with just an airbrush.

The big octopus guy.

Commanders (I guess) of the Water clan.

This picture shows how I did some of the masking on these figures. In order to airbrush highlights on the black mask, I applied masking fluid over some blue tack. The blue tack is there to pull off the masking fluid more easily (sometime the thin layer of masking fluid gets covered in paint and it's hard to remove - to make it easier, just make a little handle of blue tack that you can pull off.

Water clan WiP picture.

I tried a new method for painting a vibrant red. All done with an airbrush except the last step. Purple shadows, red basecoat, white pre-highlight, and orange highlight directly over the white. The white makes the orange show up much better on the red. The key is only to use a little bit of the white to let the orange blend with the red. Finally I added a mix of a red wash with airbrush thinner, water, and matte medium to blend all of the colors.

If you like my work, you can see more at http://www.senseiswag.com. I have SDE models and other Chibis!

Last edited by s0rice on February 14th, 2016, 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

February 13th, 2016, 11:38 pm
Mini-Boss

That is great stuff!

And I am seriously jealous of anyone who has any of those clan models! I am really late to the party, but have managed to get some shrine ninjas to tide me over.

February 14th, 2016, 12:07 am
Minion

Those are lovely; I hope you post pictures of the Ika / water clan once you get them on clear bases.

February 15th, 2016, 1:00 pm
Bottle Cap

I had some downtime at work after setting up for a show and I had my Ninja All Star figures in the car, a professional photographer, and two coworkers that wanted to model so I ended up with these.

The buildings are from Plastcraft Game's new Colored Fukei line. I made a tutorial on making the board in the previous blog post. I wish my clear plastic bases would have arrived before this but they won't be here until tomorrow :(

Full photoshoot and how to on the board on my website here:
http://www.senseiswag.com/blog/2016/2/2 ... ko-painted

February 24th, 2016, 3:42 am
Bottle Cap

As a Bushido player, this is really great to see. Fantastic painted miniatures.

Bushido
(Ito Clan, Prefecture of Ryu)

August 30th, 2016, 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]