View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 26th, 2017, 2:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Koban cost of team size most players play... 
Bottle Cap

Noob here...

Page 20 of the rulebook, under "Building A Team" states players get 100 koban to recruit and build their teams, if they don't wish to use the premade teams in the core game set.

I'm just curious how much koban starting players are being allowed to build their teams, both in and out of leagues.

September 10th, 2016, 1:25 am
Ninja Corps

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here...you just said 100 koban to build a team. That's what people use. That can be modified, on a league to league basis, depending on what the league wants. but 100 is the standard.

September 10th, 2016, 2:14 am
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here...you just said 100 koban to build a team. That's what people use. That can be modified, on a league to league basis, depending on what the league wants. but 100 is the standard.

Are the core set teams set to 100 Koban?

Bushido
(Ito Clan, Prefecture of Ryu)

September 10th, 2016, 3:56 am
Bottle Cap

My point is if you wanted to build a team using an entire specific Clan box, it would easily exceed the 100 koban limit.

For example, the point values of a complete Clan Kitsune box are as follows:

Kitsune Chunin (1 ea) 22pts
Kitsune Kaiken (3 ea) 10pts/per fig
Kitsune Yajiri (3 ea) 9pts/per fig
Kitsune Oni (2 ea) 19pts/per fig
Kitsune Kunoichi (2 ea) 8pts/per fig
Kitsune Madoushi (2 ea) 14pts/per fig
Tamamo no Mae (1 ea) 14pts

Added together, that's 166 points. So, am I correct in assuming players don't bring entire Clan box sets to a match, and players assemble teams from a portion of each Clan box?

Truly, I'm not complaining, the Clan box sets are a great value, as inexpensive as they are, for what you get.

September 10th, 2016, 5:05 am
Denizen

Yes, you wouldn't start with the whole contents of the clan box.
Each clan box is filled with the max amount of clan models you could ever need for that particular clan.
You just pick up to 100koban for a starting team.

September 10th, 2016, 7:28 am
Ninja Corps

FatherKnowsBest wrote:
Usagi wrote:

Are the core set teams set to 100 Koban?

If you mean the shrine teams, that's an unanswerable question as shrine ninja have no koban value. They are simply preconstructed teams that don't change. I made some house rules in my house rule thread for integrating them into league play, which includes costs to recruit/maintain them. But those prices are in no way based off of "official" rules.

September 10th, 2016, 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]