View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 spirit-shrine madoshi ability 
Bottle Cap

I'm very new to this game. Can the defender just roll his same defense dice as if it were a normal attack with the same kinds of cancellation?

Bushido
(Ito Clan, Prefecture of Ryu)

September 8th, 2016, 5:58 pm
Mini-Boss

i don't under stand the question. when attacked the defender rolls his df stat and if the defender has more dice than the attacker they choose the result of the combat after normal cancelations. which in most cases the defender should should choose water/spirit/fire. spirit wounds the attacker. yay you you have excellent defense and wounded the enemy! water moves the attacker and defender but the defender chooses where both go and how they face. i like to think of drunken master taking the enemies attack and spinning him around and moving him. lastly fire because if you have to get stunned you might as well stun the attacker too, as a side note most of the bonus form jumping enemy models usually involve the attackers buddies being in his/her influence as well so you usually get more of theirs stunned than your own. again drunken master turning the enemies strikes to hit every one else around as well.

September 8th, 2016, 6:17 pm
Bottle Cap

vreeleader wrote:
i don't under stand the question. when attacked the defender rolls his df stat and if the defender has more dice than the attacker they choose the result of the combat after normal cancelations. which in most cases the defender should should choose water/spirit/fire. spirit wounds the attacker. yay you you have excellent defense and wounded the enemy! water moves the attacker and defender but the defender chooses where both go and how they face. i like to think of drunken master taking the enemies attack and spinning him around and moving him. lastly fire because if you have to get stunned you might as well stun the attacker too, as a side note most of the bonus form jumping enemy models usually involve the attackers buddies being in his/her influence as well so you usually get more of theirs stunned than your own. again drunken master turning the enemies strikes to hit every one else around as well.

I didn't explain myself well. So it seems to just treat the attack as a ranged attack. Got it. I think I was trying to make it more complicated than it is or needs to be.

I was looking at the Madoshi that comes in the starter box. The spirit one can poison someone at range. So that ability is just treated like any other ranged attack?

Bushido

September 8th, 2016, 6:26 pm
Mini-Boss

the madoushi is the priest with the spear their ability is an affinity check to move the opponent or remove status effects from an ally i believe. (I do not have the game in front of me right now.)

if you are talking about the yajiri the little blow dart guys you treat their ranged attack just like any other ranged attack except if you as the attacker rolls a spirit and it is not canceled out regardless of what was chosen the defender gets poisoned.

September 8th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Denizen

He's referring to the Spirit Shrine rather than the Kitsune Clan.

September 9th, 2016, 1:17 am
Mini-Boss

Oh my bad.

September 9th, 2016, 2:33 am
Bottle Cap

Imriel wrote:
He's referring to the Spirit Shrine rather than the Kitsune Clan.

Yep. That's what the thread is titled.

So do I just treat it like another ranged attack?

Bushido

September 9th, 2016, 10:40 am
Denizen

iIt's an affinity test not an attack so defence roll.

September 9th, 2016, 2:13 pm
Bottle Cap

Imriel wrote:
iIt's an affinity test not an attack so defence roll.

So the defender does not get a roll to try and protect himself?

Bushido

September 9th, 2016, 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]