View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 23rd, 2017, 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Stealth......for dummies 
Bottle Cap

I just started this game last night and had a lot of fun.

One thing my friend and I had issues with understanding was Stealth.

Can someone please explain it to me?

For example, do you start in Stealth? When do you lose? Can you drop it voluntarily at will to assist? How do you attack a model in Stealth? Is there a way to discover a model concealed with stealth? Is there a range on such a thing?

Thanks!

Bushido
(Ito Clan, Prefecture of Ryu)

September 2nd, 2016, 2:03 pm
Ninja Corps

For the most part all those questions are answered in the rulebook. I'll do a quick rundown though.

Whether or not you start in stealth depends on the scenario being played. Each one describes it individually.

You lose stealth when you take any action that is not designated as stealthy, primarily. This includes things like attacking or running (usually).

To my knowledge you can't just drop stealth at any time. You can pretty much remove it during an activation at will, by taking a non stealthy action. But there's no reactive dropping of stealth.

In general, you can't attack a model in stealth, or even target them with very much at all. that's the whole point of being in stealth.

The general way to detect models in stealth is to take a search action. It's a stealthy action that you make an affinity test for. If you succeed you reveal all opposing stealthed ninja in your influence zone. You also gain 1XP if you successfully reveal ninja with a search action. There are other things that will reveal stealth ninja (like the vigilance keyword or the kitsune oni's special ability) but they don't grant XP and aren't immediately available to every ninja.

September 2nd, 2016, 4:42 pm
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:
For the most part all those questions are answered in the rulebook. I'll do a quick rundown though.

Whether or not you start in stealth depends on the scenario being played. Each one describes it individually.

You lose stealth when you take any action that is not designated as stealthy, primarily. This includes things like attacking or running (usually).

To my knowledge you can't just drop stealth at any time. You can pretty much remove it during an activation at will, by taking a non stealthy action. But there's no reactive dropping of stealth.

In general, you can't attack a model in stealth, or even target them with very much at all. that's the whole point of being in stealth.

The general way to detect models in stealth is to take a search action. It's a stealthy action that you make an affinity test for. If you succeed you reveal all opposing stealthed ninja in your influence zone. You also gain 1XP if you successfully reveal ninja with a search action. There are other things that will reveal stealth ninja (like the vigilance keyword or the kitsune oni's special ability) but they don't grant XP and aren't immediately available to every ninja.

Thanks!

Bushido
(Ito Clan, Prefecture of Ryu)

September 3rd, 2016, 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]