View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 kitsune madoushi - wanderlust - now with clarification requ 
Bottle Cap

So my reading of the rules is that wanderlust, whilst not requiring los, can't effect an enemy model in stealth (cantnot be attacked or targeted). It then I got to thinking this isn't really a targeted attack or effect... You make the affinity test and then pick an enemy model (yep I'm aware it's the same with volcano pots! But kitsune need love!) ... And it just got me thinking that this might be something that could help the kitsune out if they could use it on stealthed models... Moving them next to shrines, lanterns or next to their pinning chunjin... Seems thematicly appropriate (plus majic!) ... We've played it this way a few times and it seems to be fair... So... Thoughts?

Last edited by Drew on August 24th, 2016, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 24th, 2016, 12:16 am
Mini-Boss

I thought ninjas in stealth could not be targeted because of the no line of sight rule.

August 24th, 2016, 3:23 am
Bottle Cap

The rules paragraph --> Models in Stealth cannot be attacked or targeted by abilities. If a game effect affects an area of the game board that includes the model’s space, it will affect the model normally.

Is before the paragraph about drawing los to a model in stealth... So I always assumed that this was a separate issue, specifically to stop you using these 'roll then pick' abilities on stealthed models.

Another clarification here would be good

August 24th, 2016, 6:38 am
Denizen

From reading the Wanderlust description I would say that it can be used on models in stealth.
There is no mention of choosing a target, just make an affinity check, if passed move any enemy model within the area.

I think the Stealth rules you quoted about "if a game effect affects an area of the game board that includes the model's space, it would affect the model normally" would come into play here as the Madoushi's ability affects an area 6 spaces around him.

I agree that clarification would be good tho as I can see how it could be argued either way.

August 24th, 2016, 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]