View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 ika oni ink attack 
Mini-Boss

started a new faction in my league on sunday started the ika. have a question on the onis ink attack the scenario went like this,
oni number 1 and oni number 2 are ganging up on the yamazaru chunin when attacking the chunin oni 1 chose fire as a result and the fire bounced around and k.o.'d the yamazaru chunin. fire combat states stun everyone in their influence zone and the ika oni says when they get stunned or injured stun one model in their influence zone. so fire stuns all of them plus two more stuns from ink attack equals k.o. for the chunin. did we play that right and would the xp go the ones making the attack/defense rolls?

July 6th, 2016, 8:58 pm
Ninja Corps

Well, I went and read Ink Attack and it looks like that was played right. Oni A attacks chunin with an assist from Oni B (resulting in 4 attack dice versus 4 defense dice). Dice roll, an available fire result is chosen. This suns the target (chunin) the attacker (Oni A) and the assister (Oni B) because they are in A's influence zone. As a result (since ink attack specifies no other conditions beyond injured or stunned) Each oni may then stun the chunin as a result of being fire stunned. Resulting in 3 stuns on the chunin and it being KOed.

As for experience, it's a jackpot of XP as a non-chunin stunning a chunin is worth 1XP on it's own. So, the attacker, that chose fire, gets 1XP for stunning the chunin. After that, each ink attack can stun the chunin, each one resulting in 1XP for each oni. The 2XP from the knockout would go to the ink attack that resolves second, as that's the actual oni that KOed the chunin. But, so far as I can tell, you get to choose the order those resolve in, so you effectively choose who gets the experience. So, the XP can end in one of two ways. Scenario 1 is Oni A gets 4XP (fire stun, ink stun and KO) and Oni B gets 1XP (ink stun). Scenario 2 is Oni A gets 2XP (fire stun and ink stun) and Oni B gets 3XP (ink stun and KO).

As a disclaimer this does involve a ruling I made for our league that says if you KO a chunin with a third stun (and the opponent is a non-chunin) you get XP for both stunning and KOing a chunin. This ruling is not covered one way or the other in the rulebook of FAQ yet, to my knowledge.

July 6th, 2016, 9:29 pm
Mini-Boss

i thought the extra xp for stunning a chunin was only in brawl? anyway thank you for your opinion on how it should go that is the same thing we came up with we were playing king of the hill.

July 6th, 2016, 9:41 pm
Ninja Corps

Just for reference, on page 69 under earning XP it lists "stunning a chunin".

July 6th, 2016, 11:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]