View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Stunned and Facing 
Bottle Cap

Can a model that's stunned Activate to attack an adjacent model and then change its facing ?

Reading through the rules it appears to me that facing change is tied to the end of movement. So if a stunned model chooses to attack, it forfeits its movement, thus not allowing a facing change ?

June 2nd, 2016, 12:00 pm
Ninja Corps

Movement p12

"Even if a model does not move, it may change which direction it is facing during its activation for free without spending any movement points."

So even though Stun says it may move or take an action but not both, we always allow a free facing change.

June 2nd, 2016, 7:32 pm
Ninja Corps

I agree with that. We always interpreted the previously stated rule to mean that stunned characters can reorient without moving as well.

June 2nd, 2016, 7:44 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks , that's how I've been playing just wasn't a fan of the wording and the fact the rule for that was under the movement section.

June 2nd, 2016, 8:28 pm
Ninja Corps

I think that's actually open to interpretation.

Option 1: Like Usagi and Meankeb said, turning is not actually moving and you may turn for free even if not moving while stunned.

Option 2: Turning is part of movement, it just doesn't cost any movement points. But since it's still a part of movement you may not turn while stunned if you decide to take an action.

I would actually prefer option 2 since that makes careful positioning much more important. Can we have an official answer to that?

October 20th, 2016, 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

option 2 is super harsh. in my group we always play it as you can face when stunned. you only get 6 or 7 actions per model taking one away from stunning them from behind leaves you in a position where if you get stunned from behind you will not beable to move/ act ever again.

October 21st, 2016, 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]