View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2017, 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Ninja All-Stars FAQ & Errata 
Hero

Go HERE to get the Ninja All-Stars FAQ and Errata downloadable PDF! We should be posting about this on our various sites and venues soon but I wanted to get this up here for you guys as soon as possible.

February 17th, 2016, 9:44 pm
Ninja Corps

Am I missing something or is the errata for haste just the exact same thing they used to be, like, word for word? Might be my dyslexia flaring up, if I am missing something. Can anyone point out the change? :P

Other than that, there's a lot of useful stuff here. Thanks for getting this out. ^_^

February 18th, 2016, 3:55 am
Minion

The two statements listed for Haste are exactly the same. Doubting myself, I even asked the computer to compare them, and it confirmed they are equal.

February 18th, 2016, 9:41 am
Hero

Yes the haste errata is incorrect since they are exactly the same. Working on getting this updated ASAP.

February 18th, 2016, 2:45 pm
Hero

FAQ is updated today! Haste issue fixed and an additional question is added. Changed text in errata has been turned red to highlight changes. Link in the Original post is to the most current FAQ.

February 18th, 2016, 8:46 pm
Minion

Thanks ND_Dave, that's awesome.

February 19th, 2016, 5:14 am
Minion

Will you correct the PDF version of the rule book?

February 19th, 2016, 9:21 am
Bottle Cap

There are a couple things that I think need clarifications added to the FAQ/Errata

1) Deployment of large base models (Oni)

Most of the board sides do not have 4 'deployment zone' dots together, so how are Oni and other large base models deployed? Does it only need to cover 1 deployment square? Maybe it should have to cover one and have its back touch the board edge?

2) Choosing combat result with no dice remaining

During a combat when you are choosing the result, what happens if you have no dice to choose from? Maybe they all were cancelled by the opponents dice. Should the combat end in a draw? Have a random result chosen? (Re-rolling the combat might not work - for example if a model has 0 defense but uses a moon card to be allowed to choose the result)

3) How 'slowed' interacts with Run/Haste

Slowed says you move half your movement, but doesn't mention what happens if you get to move more than once. A speed 5 model when slowed moves 3, but what happens when it runs? Does it move 5 spaces [ (5+5)/2 ], 6 spaces [ 3 + 3 ], 8 spaces [3 + 5]?

Maybe reword slowed to 'until end of turn the models movement is halved (rounding up)', making it clear that every movement would be slowed.

February 27th, 2016, 1:34 am
Bottle Cap

We came into an issue with the Kitsune Oni using Spirit Sense.

I refer to this entry on page 16 of the rulebook, in the next to last paragraph on the page before the entry to Dodging, it states "When a model in Stealth takes an action or takes an affinity check other than dodging, it loses Stealth.

I am told that Searching is a Stealthy action, but Spirit Senses does not seem to be a search to me. I am still hearing that the intent is for the Oni to make the affinity test and remain in Stealth. Everyone is playing it this way that I have seen, and I would like an official clarification on this.

Also, does making an affinity check for a negative shrine cause a Ninja in stealth to lose Stealth?

March 2nd, 2016, 8:01 am
Bottle Cap

Can we get updated sheets for the clans since they suffered modifications ?

March 12th, 2016, 6:48 pm
Denizen

when will far be updated please?

May 2nd, 2016, 7:55 pm
Bottle Cap

Things have been very quite recently.

I think that some clarification could be used for models that, essentially, have Ranged Closed Combat attacks (e.g. Ika Chunin and Akkorokumui). Which abilities and modifiers apply? The Fire result doesn't seem to make much sense in these situations.

It's been almost 4 months since the FAQ was updated; can we get one soon or, if no one is going to update it, can we at least be told that?

May 29th, 2016, 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]