View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Wind Walk + Run Question 
Bottle Cap

Following the wording of the Tanchyo's Madoushi's Wind Walk...

»Instead of moving normally, the madoushi (...) may (...) move five spaces, ignoring other models, influence zones, and terrain.«

... it seems to be possible to use his ability when the Madoushi runs. Just to make it sure, the wording for running is: »A model may use its action to run and move up to the total of its movement a second time.«.

So Wind Walk doesn't state you have to use your Movement (this would exclude "Running" as this is an Action), it states you can do this instead of "moving" normally (e.g. you have to dodge, pay extra for rough terrain, etc.).

This also would mean you can Wind Walk two times per round (three times with Haste).

Although it doesn't feel right I guess you can do it this way. What do you guys think? I personally woul restrict it to one Use per Round and maybe to the »Movement«.

February 10th, 2016, 10:37 am
Bottle Cap

I don't believe running is moving normally it is an action

February 10th, 2016, 11:22 am
Bottle Cap

That is what I interpret as well, but it is not statetd rules wise :(
Or has someone spottet something in the rules or does know the intention through the kickstarter phase?

February 10th, 2016, 11:34 am
Minion

Actually it is stated in the rules.

Movement Rules wrote:
A model may use its action to run and move up to the total of its movement a second time.

Run is the model's action, not its movement (this is also why it causes a model to lose Stealth).

Wind Walk states that, if used, it takes the place of the model's normal movement ("instead of moving normally"). Normal movement takes place once per turn.

I would say they can't use Wind Walk on their action to run / Wind Walk a second time ... but that's my interpretation of the rules as written.

February 10th, 2016, 11:52 am
Dungeon Boss

j-bird wrote:
Actually it is stated in the rules.

Movement Rules wrote:
A model may use its action to run and move up to the total of its movement a second time.

Run is the model's action, not its movement (this is also why it causes a model to lose Stealth).

Wind Walk states that, if used, it takes the place of the model's normal movement ("instead of moving normally"). Normal movement takes place once per turn.

I would say they can't use Wind Walk on their action to run / Wind Walk a second time ... but that's my interpretation of the rules as written.

I agree. Run is an action, so you can't use it to activate Wind Walk.

That said, if you were somehow to Haste the Madoushi, and chose to move twice, then you could use Wind Walk twice.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

February 10th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Minion

With regard to Wind Walk, can you only bring a single friendly model with you (since it says "any friendly model," not "models")?

The thing that causes me to question is the "models must end this movement in the madoushi's influence zone." That leads me to think it should have been "any friendly models" in the first part of the ability description.

Can he just pick up your whole team and carry them 5 spaces?

February 10th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Mini-Boss

I remeber there being an example of the madoushi moving all friendly models in his influence zone.

Love sodapop games but they need more and or better editing lol.

February 11th, 2016, 2:38 am
Mini-Boss

Similar thing on the Kitsunes Wanderlust. I think it's only supposed to be one model. Else these skill would be very strong

February 11th, 2016, 2:47 am
Minion

I feel it's pretty clear that Wanderlust only affects a single enemy model ... it says "move any enemy model" and never references multiple models (which is where my confusion with Wind Walk comes in, at the "models must end this movement in the madoushi's influence zone" phrase).

Also, Wind Walk affects friendly models, whereas Wanderlust affects enemy models, so that may make a difference in how they were intended to function.

If Wind Walk can indeed move multiple models, it is a pretty strong ability, but only situationally. I can see deploying as many of your team in the madoushi's influence zone as you can, using their first moves to get the others there, and then moving them all 5 spaces, and then activating any remaining ninja and having them be 5 spaces "ahead" right from the outset. After that, though, you're probably not going to cluster your team that much.

It might be nice to get some sort of official answer, though, so we know what's right here.

February 11th, 2016, 9:50 am
Bottle Cap

Oh, Wind Walk is pretty strong - not only that you can "dropship" your own minis for backstabbing once you are in a fight - you also can threaten ranged ninjas, etc.

The strongest way I've used him was in capture the medal. The madoushi was my best runner - especially if he is stealthed. Drop adjacent to the medal, take it and either walk away (if there is enough space) or stay there stealthed (somewhat a really good defense) and then teleport away next round.

February 12th, 2016, 11:06 am
Minion

Would Wind Walking cause the madoushi to lose Stealth, though?

It seems clear that the madoushi could Wind Walk and then use its action to enter Stealth (before it's Stunned at the end of its turn), but could it already have Stealth, Wind Walk, and not lose that preexisting Stealth? It's not really an action, but it's not normal movement either ...

February 12th, 2016, 11:35 am
Ninja Corps

j-bird wrote:
Would Wind Walking cause the madoushi to lose Stealth, though?

It seems clear that the madoushi could Wind Walk and then use its action to enter Stealth (before it's Stunned at the end of its turn), but could it already have Stealth, Wind Walk, and not lose that preexisting Stealth? It's not really an action, but it's not normal movement either ...

The only things that drop stealth are being forced out of it by an opponent, through search or various other means. Or, to take an action that is not sealthy. This is neither of those, so would not cause you to lose stealth (unless it was specified directly that you do).

I can't remember the details of capture the medal, off hand. But, if it takes an action to pick up a medal, I Don't remember that being listed as a stealthy action. So that could drop stealth in the scenario a couple posts up.

February 12th, 2016, 1:53 pm
Bottle Cap

Picking up a medal is listed as stealthy action in the rulebook under "Medals".

Regarding stealth: Becoming stunned doesn't drop stealth, nor is »wind walking« an action (as usagi said). This is just a powerful way to claim the medal. And another reason for me to not allow it as your "run" movement :) Although I would allow it as your second movement due to a haste token and therefore twice a round in this case.

February 12th, 2016, 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]