View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2018, 12:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Yamazaru Chunin - Back Flip 
Minion

Back Flip wrote:
Before the chunin moves, it may move into any empty space in its back influence zone. The chunin automatically succeeds any required dodge rolls and can move onto any terrain type that it could normally move to.

I have questions concerning the "any terrain type that it could normally move to" part of this ability.

1. Do we treat this as one movement point? Meaning, assuming a starting chunin, he couldn't move from a "normal" space onto either rough or elevated terrain (since he couldn't normally move onto either of those spaces using a single movement point)? (I know rough terrain wouldn't take into account the space he started from, but elevated could.)

2. If the chunin had Surefoot, then he could Back Flip onto rough terrain, correct?

3. If the chunin had Leap, could he then move onto elevated terrain from non-elevated terrain? Would that count as his once per turn? Or, since the Back Flip happens before he moves, does the wording of Leap ("While moving, once per turn [...]" prevent it from being used in this way? Or, since Back Flip says "[b]efore the chunin moves, it may move [...]", can he do so?

February 9th, 2016, 11:06 pm
Ninja Corps

The way I interpret, and play, it to be is that "any terrain type that it could normally move to" means any terrain that is legally traversable. So, they can't backflip into lanterns, shrines or other ninja, but they could flip onto a roof or into bushes or whatever. With the current boards, there is nothing that is strictly terrain they could not be flipped into. In the future there may be boards with terrain that is impassible, somehow, that you would not be able to flip in to as well. But, as of now, as long as it's not a model or something, you can flip to it.

February 9th, 2016, 11:11 pm
Mini-Boss

Usagi wrote:
The way I interpret, and play, it to be is that "any terrain type that it could normally move to" means any terrain that is legally traversable. So, they can't backflip into lanterns, shrines or other ninja, but they could flip onto a roof or into bushes or whatever.

That is the way I interpret it as well.

February 9th, 2016, 11:57 pm
Minion

Thanks; your explanations (re: lanterns / shrine / other ninja) make sense to me. It would have been a fairly weak ability otherwise, but now I can definitely see the benefits.

February 10th, 2016, 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]