View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Basic Combat selections 
Bottle Cap

I'm confused on selecting your combat dice. As I read the rules, it stated after eliminations, the winner may select a die to represent the outcome of the combat. Then it states in bold to select only the dice you rolled. That's how I interpreted it... then I listened to a Game Play video that was put out during the kickstarter campaign and I heard deke say he could select any of the remaining dice. In example, if eliminations have been made and I have 2 dice remaining on attack and my defender has one die, I win the combat. I can then select one of "His" remaining dice as the combat result??? Sounds like a dumb question but it changes things exponentially depending on how you call it.

February 9th, 2016, 8:57 pm
Bottle Cap

I just found this on the ninja Division site. It clearly states you can select from the attackers or defenders dice :

When a ninja attacks another ninja they roll a number of dice equal to their Attack (AT) attribute. The defending ninja rolls a number of dice equal to their Defense (DF) attribute. The results of the two rolls are compared, and dice are eliminated based on their opposing elements.

When two dice eliminate each other, remove them from the pool of rolled dice. Dice that the attacker rolled can only eliminate dice that the defender rolled and vice versa. All possible eliminations must be made.

Once all eliminations have been made, the player with the most dice remaining chooses one of the remaining dice as the result of the attack. The player may choose a die from either the attacker’s or defender’s dice. When both players have the same number of dice remaining, the attacker chooses the result.

The result of the attack is determined by the element of the die chosen:

February 9th, 2016, 9:07 pm
Ninja Corps

The pre-kickstarter videos don't represent the current state of the game. Rules have been changed since then (they did an open beta when/after those videos were released).

One of the larger changes was to the combat mechanics. You only choose from your own dice, as opposed to any remaining dice, now.

Really, those videos aren't good for anything anymore, in the way of seeing how the game works. A new one, with the post-beta test rules and everything should be made so folks don't get confused by the old ones, which clearly is happening. ;)

February 9th, 2016, 9:09 pm
Minion

I believe this was changed during development. In the final release you choose from only your own pool.

Ninjaed ;)

February 9th, 2016, 9:11 pm
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:
The pre-kickstarter videos don't represent the current state of the game. Rules have been changed since then (they did an open beta when/after those videos were released).

One of the larger changes was to the combat mechanics. You only choose from your own dice, as opposed to any remaining dice, now.

Really, those videos aren't good for anything anymore, in the way of seeing how the game works. A new one, with the post-beta test rules and everything should be made so folks don't get confused by the old ones, which clearly is happening. ;)

Thanks alot, this all makes sense now and I understand why the bold was written in. Cool beans

February 9th, 2016, 10:58 pm
Bottle Cap

homedrone wrote:
I believe this was changed during development. In the final release you choose from only your own pool.

Ninjaed ;)

Thanks

February 9th, 2016, 10:59 pm
Bottle Cap

I think that's a bit ambiguous. In the rulebook you can read: "The player may only choose a die from the dice they rolled."

In that sentence "they" what does it mean? Their own dice? The dice that players rolled? :)

February 11th, 2016, 3:59 am
Bottle Cap

they means the player that is choosing results. They is referring to the player in that this sentence and although they can be singular or plural, one one player is referenced.

February 11th, 2016, 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]