View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Tanchyo's Wings + Wind in the Forest 
Mini-Boss

Quote:
Tanchyo’s Wings: A model with Tanchyo’s Wings can move through spaces that are occupied by other models. If it attempts to move across an enemy model’s space, it must attempt to dodge. If the model fails to dodge, it is placed in an empty space in the enemy model’s influence zone that is chosen by the enemy model’s player, and gets Stunned. A model with Tanchyo’s Wings cannot end its movement in a space occupied by another model.

Wind in the Forest: A model with Wind in the Forest may stop during its movement to take an attack action. If the target of the attack is Stunned or Injured, the model may continue its movement as normal. After using this ability, the model cannot take an action.
If a model has both of these abilities, can it attack whilst in the same space as another model? From my reading of these two keywords the answer would seem to be yes which would make it much easier to score a backstab with a Tanchyo Oni. I do also like the flavour of a poor hapless ninja being jumped on by a giant chicken. Yet I do wonder if there is some additional rule I am missing here. Thoughts?

February 7th, 2016, 7:45 am
Ninja Corps

from "combat" on page 13: "A model may use its action to attack another model. The model may attack any enemy model within one space of itself and in its front influence zone."

and from "Influence zone" on page 8: "The spaces adjacent to a model are its influence zone."

This would make the answer no. You can't attack a model you share a space with as it is not in your front (or technically any) influence zone of the active model.

February 7th, 2016, 8:45 am
Mini-Boss

Ah, thanks Usagi. Thought there might have been something. This stops the Tanchyo oni from attacking a small base ninja it completely covers. Is there anything however to stop the Oni from attacking a ninja it is not on top of whilst it is on top of a ninja? Or from attacking a large base model it is only partially on top of?

February 7th, 2016, 9:13 am
Ninja Corps

I'd say no. But I'd also say that if you fail to stun or injure them, you'd likely immediately suffer the results for being stuck on top of a model (getting stunned and placed by the opponent) as you can't move anymore and can't stop moving on top of another model.

February 7th, 2016, 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]