View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 17th, 2018, 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Haste + Run? 
Minion

This came up in our game and we weren't sure how to play it. If you spend a haste token to move a second time, can you also spend an action to run a third time? The rules for running seem to imply that you can spend an action to move again, but the specific words used are "move a second time", the wording for haste is also "move a second time". It's hard to gauge weather this means moving a third time is impossible, or if the writer just failed to consider that a ninja might have already moved twice.

Prohibitiing 3rd moves, would also mean you couldn't get any additional benefit from spending multiple haste tokens. As only one token could provide the "second" move or action.

January 25th, 2016, 11:42 am
Ninja Corps

I don't see why they couldn't run. Nothing really prohibits it, and the descriptions seem to more be "under normal circumstances". However, you can't remove more than one haste, as it specifically says you may remove one token.

January 25th, 2016, 6:25 pm
Dungeon Boss

Usagi wrote:
I don't see why they couldn't run. Nothing really prohibits it, and the descriptions seem to more be "under normal circumstances". However, you can't remove more than one haste, as it specifically says you may remove one token.

I'm with Usagi on this. The writing seams more an oversight then intentional. I'd say they could use the haste to move a third time. But the rules do seam explicitly state you can only use one Haste token per turn, which also seams fair...else you could put like 12 haste tokens on some Ijin Chunin and turn him into some outrageous Rambo...

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

January 27th, 2016, 4:55 pm
Bottle Cap

According to the rule you get ether an extra action or an extra move so you could have: Move, Move, Action or Move, Action, Action. So using Move, Move, Action could mean you move twice and then you spend the action to run, pretty much moving three times.
Nothing says you can´t do that.
But remember that you can only move first and then do action. After you use an action you can´t move, unless you have the Wind in the Forest rule then you can finish your move, if you didn´t finish it.
Also you can only use one Haste token per activation, Haste rule says that.

January 31st, 2016, 2:34 pm
Bottle Cap

Frostspirit wrote:
According to the rule you get ether an extra action or an extra move so you could have: Move, Move, Action or Move, Action, Action. So using Move, Move, Action could mean you move twice and then you spend the action to run, pretty much moving three times.
Nothing says you can´t do that.
But remember that you can only move first and then do action. After you use an action you can´t move, unless you have the Wind in the Forest rule then you can finish your move, if you didn´t finish it.

This was my interpretation.

February 3rd, 2016, 7:11 am
Minion

Frostspirit wrote:
Haste says you can use the action at any time during your activation.

Frostspirit wrote:
I don't know that it does say that. It says that you can remove one token to get one action. Not, you can remove one token, full stop. You would also remove one reroll token to get one reroll, that doesn't mean you can't spend more than one per turn. I think the wording is ambiguous enough to be open to interpretation. The "one token" bit might only refer to the cost of the action (it costs one), not a hard limit on the number of tokens you can use per turn.

February 4th, 2016, 2:59 pm
Bottle Cap

Smacks wrote:
Frostspirt wrote:
Haste says you can use the action at any time during your activation.

Frostspirit wrote:
I don't know that it does say that. It says that you can remove one token to get one action. Not, you can remove one token, full stop. You would also remove one reroll token to get one reroll, that doesn't mean you can't spend more than one per turn. I think the wording is ambiguous enough to be open to interpretation. The "one token" bit might only refer to the cost of the action (it costs one), not a hard limit on the number of tokens you can use per turn.

Your missig some information.
Ninja All Stars Rule Book wrote:
Haste: A model with Haste may remove one Haste token at the beginning of its activation in order to ether move a second time or take a second action at any time during its activation.

As it says in the end there: "...in order to ether move a second time or take a second action at any time during its activation." this indicates that the action or move can be used at any time during the activation. But it still conflicts with another rule, movement and action rule. In that case there is another thing that can be done, use the action to run. That's how i would depict it but it literally says at any time so it would be used at any time duting the activation.
And about the reroll the reroll tokens may be spent at any point during the game to reroll any roll of the player's choice wither it is friendly or enemy and all dice mist be rerolled. But with the rule about rerolls there are no rerolling rerolls.

February 4th, 2016, 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]