View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 23rd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Questions about entangle and rolling watet in combat 
Bottle Cap

I have 2 questions:

1- in the rulebook says that a model assists a friendly attacker if she is in the defenders influence zone, so, if the defender has entangle can my model assist against her from 2 spaces distance? This would be akward as the model with entangle is not allowed to assist against that model...
2- if i roll water as the attacker in combat, i move the defender away 3 spaces and then it comes back to my influence front zone, so whats the point on moving it?

February 19th, 2017, 2:17 am
Ninja Corps

Entangle is a tricky one, and I don't think there has ever been an official ruling on it. I generally play it that anything awkward like that is basically ignored and treated like "normal". though it's a judgement cal, on a case by case basis, really.

Water results are always the same, which can be confusing sometimes to some people. I can't remember the exact wording, off the top of my head, if I get the gist of it wrong let me know. I recall that, with a water result, the attacker moves three spaces, then the defender is put in the attacker's front arc (it may be the other way around, but I'm remembering it this way). The player that moves the attacker depends on the player that actually chose the water result. So, if the attacker won, he moves himself, then the defender places themselves as instructed. If the defender chose water, the defender both moves the attacker and places their model as instructed.

The water result is the most complicated result. But, once you get it down, it makes sense. You just have to kind of go over it step by step and remember that the wording doesn't change weather it's attacker or defender choosing it.

It's been a bit since I played, though, and this is from memory. Someone with a fresher perspective may want to jump in on this as well.

February 20th, 2017, 6:41 am
Bottle Cap

It would be nice to have a faq about Entangle, right now using RAW, a ninja two space from the entangle dude asists attacks against the entangle dude but the ninja with entangle does not asist attacks against those ninjas 2 spaces away... so entangle is the only ability that can be exploited by oponents. poor Ika depend on this ability as their only advantage against other clans so it feels bad.

@Usagi
water result as writen does not work as you said, the player who gets to chose the result moves the other players ninja 3 spaces and then the defender moves the defending ninja into contact. So, if the attacker chooses water result, the attacker moves the defender 3 spaces but then the defender moves back into contact, so i dont underestand whats the point in moving it first....

February 20th, 2017, 5:17 pm
Denizen

from page 13

Quote:
The player who picked Water as the result may move the attacker up to three spaces in any direction. The defending player then places the defender in the attacker’s front influence zone.
the attacker is moved, then the defender. If the defender is the picker they move both models.

February 21st, 2017, 1:55 am
Bottle Cap

Imriel wrote:
from page 13

Quote:
The player who picked Water as the result may move the attacker up to three spaces in any direction. The defending player then places the defender in the attacker’s front influence zone.
the attacker is moved, then the defender. If the defender is the picker they move both models.

Oookey,! Now i see what i missread, thanks

Still confused about entangle

February 21st, 2017, 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]