View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 30th, 2017, 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 More Noob Questions 2 
Bottle Cap

1) Do tokens go under the Shrines & then revealed when activated or placed showing?
2) Can Lanterns & Shrines go anywhere on the board (2 speces away from deployment zones)? As in elevated terrain, rough terrain or obscuring terrain?
3) Failed Shrine results do take Stealth away, correct?
4) When the attacker or defender moves from a combat result they do have to roll for an affenity test with Shrines, correct?
5) When the attecker or defender is moved all rough & elevated terrain counts a 1 for movement, correct?
6) Some Moon Cards & special abilities state "when activated", this mean before a piece is moved or takes an action, correct?

Apologies if some of these are lame questions.

October 20th, 2016, 1:45 am
Ninja Corps

1) no, tokens are known to everyone from the start. How you present them is up to you
2) Yes, except for the deployment zone restriction, they can be placed anywhere
3) technically even a succeeded check at a shrine takes stealth away (there is a part of the rulebook that says any affinity test removes stealth). I believe this to be a clerical error in the rules since actions like search use an affinity test, but have stealthy, which would be mutually exclusive. It also renders a giant disadvantage to a huge number of keyword abilities. But, that's all up for debate and house ruling and such. RAW is any affinity test will remove stealth.
4) yes, a wind or water result that moves a model in contact with (or through, in the cases of wind) a negative shrine zone must roll against it.
5) this one has no straight answer. IT depends on what's moving them. Something like a wind result does ignore terrain and models for movement. Something like Wanderlust does not (I'm pretty sure, this is from memory, don't quote me :P). You just have to read each cause and see if it says you ignore terrain and.or models or not.
6) I can't recollect a specific card that says that. I would need an example for context on that one.

October 20th, 2016, 2:53 pm
Mini-Boss

on 6 there is a card where you switch places with another friendly ninja that says on activation, and one that says you get moon powered on the void moon i believe (maybe spirit moon). i believe it means when you choose the model to activate but before you do anything with that model.

October 20th, 2016, 5:51 pm
Bottle Cap

On 3) So if the piece is in Stealth & does a Search it doesn't remove Stealth?

RAW??

October 20th, 2016, 9:26 pm
Ninja Corps

Hasselti wrote:
RAW??

Rules As Written

as opposed to RAI (Rules As Intended)

October 20th, 2016, 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Thanks for the help.

Back to #3) So if the piece is in Stealth & does a Search it doesn't remove Stealth?

October 21st, 2016, 12:28 am
Ninja Corps

Yes, search has the keyword stealthy and therefore doesn't remove stealth.

October 21st, 2016, 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

This is wrong, for RAW. the _action_ doesn't remove stealth. the affinity check will though. (this is one of the reasons why i think the part that says any and all affinity checks remove stealth is something unintended to be in the book).

October 21st, 2016, 2:11 pm
Bottle Cap

Thanks again.

You guys helping with my questions is making our games go faster each time.

October 21st, 2016, 3:58 pm
Ninja Corps

Usagi wrote:
Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

This is wrong, for RAW. the _action_ doesn't remove stealth. the affinity check will though. (this is one of the reasons why i think the part that says any and all affinity checks remove stealth is something unintended to be in the book).

I don't have the English rules here, but German translated backwards says "If a model in stealth performs an action or takes an affinity test except for dodging, it loses stealth." (bold by me). This clearly means that the second alternative doesn't include affinity tests that are taken as part of an action. (I'll still give you, that it's poorly worded though.)

October 21st, 2016, 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]