View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Siege of the Citadel Chibi Miniatures for SDE 
Denizen

Usagi wrote:
To me it's the same kind of thing as the penny arcade relic knight figures. it's someone else's property and up to them what ultimately happens. They may or may not be the same or similar legal circumstance. I can see where you come from though. I just fall on the other side of that fence.

Yeah but from a game-play perspective those were also a mistake. Very cool models, but their presence makes it harder to get into the game if you missed the kickstarter.

Usagi wrote:
eternaldream wrote:
It's funny how the people who are interested in that game were raging about offering a FREE miniature though. That's pretty entertaining in and of itself.

Same thing happened with half the stretch goals for forgotten king or legends. I can still hear the echos of the entitled screeches of people whining about getting a coloring book for free. Like it somehow ruined things. It's a familiar shriek.

The reason people who backed it are complaining is that it is an opportunity cost rather than an actual cost. Instead of this free miniature, the game could have something else for those funds. This is exactly the same as in video games though, people get hyped, pre-order games and then rage about all the things they don't like about the game. If you put down the money before you know everything, that is the risk you take. It is mostly just peoples' sense of entitlement. And the fact that angry people tend to be vocal people. The update for SotC has 53 comments (most negative) and 31 likes. The project has over 1500 backers. The vocal on that update are the very angry so they skew how it looks.

That colouring book was cool as though.

September 22nd, 2016, 2:09 am
Mini-Boss

For the record, the chibis got me to back Siege of the Citadel- and the game, not just the chibis.

Sure, I'll enjoy using them in Super Dungeon. But I'm grabbing enough of them to replace all of the core enemies in the core game. I'll convert everything they haven't made and have the most awesome siege of the citadel set ever.

I'm really excited about this.

Oh, and while the comments in the update were largely negative, the comments about chibis in the running comments were more on the positive side.

And in the latest poll about what you're going to grab along with your Dark Legion pledge, the chibi sets were leading by a long shot.

September 22nd, 2016, 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

September 22nd, 2016, 5:15 am
Consul

Usagi wrote:
SPM/ND: We are releasing a mini to cross promote with this other game. It's 100% optional and will not impact your game in any way, what so ever, if you don't get it or never even acknowledge it's existence. Ignoring it has completely not effect on anything you have now!

But it does affect gameplay though. The minis comes with rules and are de facto just another SDE expansion on par with any warband or levelbox.

Usagi wrote:
It's a bit hyperbolic. But I'm hearing a lot of what boils down to this. Who cars if it's not thematic enough for you. Who cares if it's limited because that's the way the people actually producing it are making it (it's not breaking any promises. It's not being made by ND).

I had no idea a company could just produce SDE content without the consent of ND.
ND allowing another company to produce exclusive content is in no way different from producing it themselves.

Usagi wrote:
It's kind of like being a fan of pepperoni pizza. But constantly whining about the fact mushrooms exist. Even though n one is making you get them. You're under no obligation to get them, and the pizza you like remains totally unchanged despite their existence.

More like being a fan of pepperoni pizza, but never really having tried mushrooms. Now the pizzaman tells you if you don't order $100 worth of mushroom pizza right now, you can never have mushroom pizza ever again!

September 22nd, 2016, 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
More like being a fan of pepperoni pizza, but never really having tried mushrooms. Now the pizzaman tells you if you don't order $100 worth of mushroom pizza right now, you can never have mushroom pizza ever again!

From the "SURPRISE! Chibi Siege of the Citadel by Ninja Division!" update
Q: so the Chibit is exclusive to the KS and part of DT & DL pledges.
A: it's not exclusive but currently no plans to sell in to retail. They may just be online from our store only.

Also, just the basic pledge hero (6$), plus the other 4 hero add on (25$) and the mini boss with the two minions (20$) is a total of 5 heroes and 1 mini boss for 51$ plus shipping costs and a sample minion of Necromutant and Legionnaire.
Apart from that, 30$ for the third add on, namely the dark legion 2 optional buy spawning point is a little expensive for SDE standards (unless it is a double spawning point which seems unlikely).

September 22nd, 2016, 8:13 am
Denizen

Completionist side: 1

Self control: 0

That sums up my sad cave in for these chibis.

September 22nd, 2016, 1:19 pm
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
Right now I'm hoping that they will make the model pictures and cards available before the Kickstarter ends. If anything I'll pledge the $6 and maybe add to my pledge later. What I'm curious about are the monsters. I don't think there is enough to make a spawn point out of. The first buy in contains one each of a Necraphyte, Legionaire, and Necromutant. The other one is a Bag 'O Necromutants and Legionairres, with 4 each. This makes me think that the Necraphyte is a miniboss and the Legionaire and the Necromutant are Creeps. Otherwise you can't really built a spawn group out of them. That would make the most sense to me.

If the cards become available, I'll just make homebrew ones with Ninja All Star or other Chibi miniatures as fill ins.

Not sure where I read this, but I believe they mentioned more sculpts will be shown by the end of this week.

September 22nd, 2016, 2:43 pm
Mini-Boss

Do we know what will be what in SDE?

- Heroes are clearly heroes
- The three Dark Legion minis might be dark heroes, mini bosses or they might make up a spawn point. Do we know at all what they'll be?

September 22nd, 2016, 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson - Not that I am aware of, but I saw this post in facebook.

"Ninja Division - Soda Pop Miniatures: Steven Tooze Rules for each character will be scaled to SDE. No official spawn point."

So not sure what the Dark Legion add-ons will be exactly used for.

September 22nd, 2016, 4:17 pm
Mini-Boss

I'm honestly hoping for a boss and two mini bosses.

September 22nd, 2016, 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:

- The three Dark Legion minis might be dark heroes, mini bosses or they might make up a spawn point. Do we know at all what they'll be?

1 Nepharite - ogre-sized monster
1 Legoinnaire - human-sized monster
1 Necroutant - human-sized monster

In SDE terms, that's a mini-Boss, and 2x 8-bit minions.

September 22nd, 2016, 4:52 pm
Dungeon Boss

GrauGeist wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:

1 Nepharite - ogre-sized monster
1 Legoinnaire - human-sized monster
1 Necroutant - human-sized monster

In SDE terms, that's a mini-Boss, and 2x 8-bit minions.

Could also be a boss and two mini-bosses. We have plenty human-sized mini-bosses.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

September 22nd, 2016, 4:58 pm
Consul

The Legionnaire and Necromutant are not going to be mini-Bosses - they will also be sold in bulk at $30 for 4 each (8 total). They're minions.

September 22nd, 2016, 5:16 pm
Minion

My wishful guess is the 3 Dark Figure unique sculpts are minibosses/dark heroes while the Dark Legion II is for those who want to chibified their Siege of the Citadel game.

September 22nd, 2016, 5:32 pm
Bottle Cap

My wishful thinking is that there is another chibi stretch goal or as an add on or something that will add an actual boss like Ezoghoul.

September 22nd, 2016, 8:38 pm
Consul

It's a peculiar way they are being sold.

If the monsters are supposed to be a spawnpoint, it's strange that you can buy them as both single models and in bulk.
Either they are mini-bosses and the bulk is (like akai said) for people who just want to proxy them into SotS.
Or they are a spawnpoint and the single pack is for people who just want the minis for non-gameplay purposes.
Or they are something entirely new...

On one hand I hope they are mini-bosses as that means I can skip one box.
But that makes them even worse for gameplay as you can't really make a proper themed game around just heroes and (mini)bosses.

So conflicted... :(

September 23rd, 2016, 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Ninja division are giving the impression it is a spawn point. It would be good if they release the rules well before the kickstarter ends though.

September 23rd, 2016, 8:17 am
Minion

Nithrock wrote:
Ninja division are giving the impression it is a spawn point. It would be good if they release the rules well before the kickstarter ends though.

Initially, I thought so as well. Then, I read from SPM/ND facebook page that:

"Rules for each character will be scaled to SDE. No official spawn point."

I am sure more info will flow as the SotC KS progresses. At the moment, I think it is safe to assume we have 5 new heroes and 1 new mini boss and two new kinds of minions without spawning point or creeps that don't need any from a game of SDE perspective.

September 23rd, 2016, 8:35 am
Consul

I it's a Spawn Point (set), where is the Spawn Point model itself? It's missing that.

September 23rd, 2016, 5:36 pm
Denizen

GrauGeist wrote:
I it's a Spawn Point (set), where is the Spawn Point model itself? It's missing that.

It seem as though there isnt one, but one of their facebook answers was
Quote:
Hunter Domingue
Thanks! It sounds like there will be a few heros and enough baddies for one spawn point. Is that correct?
Like · Reply · 21 September at 05:24

Ninja Division - Soda Pop Miniatures
Hunter Domingue Basically, yes, depending on which add on you get.
Like · Reply · 1 · 21 September at 05:26

Which gives the impression it is a spawning point set, without the spawning point though

September 24th, 2016, 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next