View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Siege of the Citadel Chibi Miniatures for SDE 
Consul

homedrone wrote:
I'd like to understand peoples feelings on what completion is, so I have a couple questions:

Sure. I consider myself a completionist collector

Quote:
1) If ND have not released SDE cards with the SotC miniatures, what would your reactions have been and what do you think the general reaction of SDE fans would have been?

This is the real issue. Without the cards there wouldn't be any problems.
Then it would simply be what it presumably was meant to be all along: a nice little promotion.
Nothing would be linking them to SDE and they would be categorized in the same box as RRI or Impact: 100% irrelevant for SDE.

Quote:
2) if ND released a bunch of free print and play cards for a wide range of generic fantasy critters and characters that was unspokenly meant to be useable with Impacts line of Chibi miniatures, what would your reactions have been and what do you think the general reaction of SDE fans would have been?

My reaction? How incredibly stupid to promote a competing company. This will never happen! But hypothetically...
I would shrug - then download and store the files on my PC until ND actually released models to go along with the cards.

November 2nd, 2016, 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

If they had made minis without rules, we would have a separate crowd vocally admonishing that we should have SDE rules to go with the cool chibi minis. It might not come from the completionist collectors- or at least it wouldn't come from the ones that feel that exclusivity is a moral wrong.

I mean, there's plenty of talk about how there should be RRI rules for them as is (and plenty of talk about how RRI minis should have SDE rules).

And as for the exclusives thing- for all the praise we heap on them for not going exclusive crazy in their Kickstarters, there are plenty of people who have been asking for exclusives, and saying that the campaign would do twice as well if there were some.

If SPM had just made rules without minis- honestly, I'd probably just make minis for them. Because I can, and do that sort of thing anyway.

I'm on the fence about how I feel here. I got in on the KS- and I would have bought all the chibis just to play Siege of the Chibidel, but I like the idea of having a campaign of SDE legends where I get an assault rifle and a robot.

- I really liked SPM's old policy towards exclusivity, so I'm a bit bummed that they turned that around. It wasn't a litmus test for me, since I was cool with getting in on SDE day one (when Candy and Cola were special edition). Having one exclusive was not a deal breaker for me.

In fact, I considered it ok for Board games to have exclusives because all of the players are pulling from the same set. I still think it is just wrong for miniatures wargames to do so. I got into RK, but during the KS me and mine decided that anything exclusive was on our banned from play list.

- I mostly hate exclusives because the game feels like it isn't whole without them. I can't recommend the remastered HALO game because I love to play it with the exclusive skull that no one can buy now (suck). I hate how Kickers for Arcadia Quest got three times as many heroes as retail.

Zombicide taught me that after a certain amount of content is released, the exclusives stop adding to the game.

- I'm not a completionist for most games- but I find I am for SDE. So it was good to know that I could miss something once, and still get it later. I will miss that feeling.

- Mutant Chronicles does not belong to NJ- they can't get an indefinite contract to create those chibis, so it would have to be a limited things (like the Penny Arcade minis). They can't make them available forever- that's just not on the table.

When I heard that NJ was in charge of the minis for Megaman, I was seriously hoping for some Megaman crossover with SDE. Maybe it would have happened if this had been their policy, you know? And that'd be cool.

Plus, they feel freeer about the whole thing- they aren't turning them into SDE characters (like they did with the Relic Knights heroes). Instead, they're just letting them be MC characters in SDE style. I find that to be kind of cool too.

- In summary, I will miss the old feeling that SPM gave me, but I will love the new minis that they'll be making because of this change.

*If you missed the Siege of the Citadel Kickstarter, go and get a late pledge. They are available right now, and you'll be able to buy whatever chibis you want in the upcoming pledge manager.

November 2nd, 2016, 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

homedrone wrote:
I'd like to understand peoples feelings on what completion is,

At this point, it's limited to me having all the models I want, rather than all the models that SPM might have offered at some point. If/when Legends delivers, I'll be passing some of the stuff I've been holding over to my friends.

November 2nd, 2016, 7:00 pm
Denizen

spyrosbeam wrote:
Mikademus wrote:
I missed the SofC kickstarter so this might be the very first SDE-related material I can't get.

I think it is still possible to pledge and go for the chibi backer pledge level if you would like to get the minis. They are discussing a new bundle with Ninja Division that will make a fully playable expansion which would entail a couple of new sculpts - a new mini-boss and another basic creature. They are considering a chibi Ezoghoul or Praetorian Stalker and a Centurion.

Apart from that, l am definitely against exclusives as well and weary of ND and SPM's decision to change their non exclusive policy after so many years. Actually, the convention exclusive Hanzo alternate cards for NAS signified the beginning of this trend (at least with their games that were not as successful as SDE) and was reason enough for me to decide not to back RRI.

When you follow the link for the late pledges you come to their store front where unfortunately there are only the two "full" pledge levels at £55 and £120; as far as I could find after searching there was no chibi or $1 pledge manager access options. :( I've written them asking about this but haven't gotten a reply yet.

November 2nd, 2016, 8:06 pm
Denizen

homedrone wrote:
1) If ND have not released SDE cards with the SotC miniatures, what would your reactions have been and what do you think the general reaction of SDE fans would have been?

Will only speak for myself here, but I wouldn't really have minded. Whenever SPM releases something non-SDE I always think that "that might be fun in SDE" but without official rules I do not purchase. On the other hand I have gotten ALL crossovers with official rules. And THAT is what ND/SPM stands to lose here.

November 2nd, 2016, 8:21 pm
Denizen

Exclusive models, without unique rules makes both Mini collectors and Boardgamers happy.

That is why they can make a special space marine or ork warlord to go with a video game or a convention and no one is out a rule mechanic.

I think the perfect example would be:
*RRI Barbarian is a reskined SDE Calwtribe Barbarian, no new rules, just a custom card.

*Space Zombies is a Grabby House re-skinned, no new rules, just a custom card.

That now allows the same crossover, allows mini collectors to get more minis, and game people to not be out any rules.

I think companies are on to this 'endless hero creep' issue as it makes an unsupportable metagame.

November 2nd, 2016, 8:42 pm
Mini-Boss

nkelsch wrote:
I think companies are on to this 'endless hero creep' issue as it makes an unsupportable metagame.

Indeed. 63 heroes counting dark and unreleased... how many you can put in one game, thinking about guild rules on Legends with 6 players... max 30?

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

November 2nd, 2016, 11:20 pm
Consul

The sheer volume of expansion since 1E is part of the reason why I'm no longer concerned about "completing" SDE, any more than I am completing Warhammer 40k or Malifaux. I will have supercritical masses of stuff for multiple regions, and that suits me just fine.

November 3rd, 2016, 3:38 am
Mini-Boss

Mikademus wrote:
When you follow the link for the late pledges you come to their store front where unfortunately there are only the two "full" pledge levels at £55 and £120; as far as I could find after searching there was no chibi or $1 pledge manager access options. :( I've written them asking about this but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Keep poking them for it.

I suspect that they're waiting for the chibi stuff to be all sorted out before adding it in, but I'll make a post on the KS to make sure people know that it is a concern (they've been good about listening to these sorts of things).

November 3rd, 2016, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

odinsgrandson wrote:
Mikademus wrote:

Keep poking them for it.

I suspect that they're waiting for the chibi stuff to be all sorted out before adding it in, but I'll make a post on the KS to make sure people know that it is a concern (they've been good about listening to these sorts of things).

They replied to me today and they have provided an £5 ($6) PM opt-in alternative. Lloyd Gyan, who wrote me, called it the Chibi pledge in his email though the store page calls it "pledge manager buy-in".

November 3rd, 2016, 8:50 pm
Minion

Well the pledge manager just opened for this, no sign of any of the other chibi stuff they mentioned or even a combined pledge option.

I'm pretty sure one of these companies mentioned what the comp of the spawn would be but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

January 13th, 2017, 11:11 am
Mini-Boss

Ninja Division told us the Spawn Point will be One Nepharite, and three of each Dark Legionaires and Necromutants. They suggest that you get two sets of Dark Legion 1 and one set of Dark Legion 2, which will land you two spawn points. The Nepharite is the spawn point- he summons the others (the rules for this are also suggested by some changes in the new rulebook).

It ends up being expensive because they're priced as LE resin minis, not like a plastic Super Dungeon Set (we saw the same thing happen with King Starfire).

There has been some suggestion that the stats for them will match some future Super Dungeon release (like how the Way of the Fighter chibis will use statlines from previous SDE characters). However, I don't know the source, and I've heard of no confirmation on that- it is probably a rumour started by speculation.

Modiphius talked about adding more chibis for the SDE fans (they talked about doing a whole dungeon set ala Von Drak's Manor). They might not have confirmed with Ninja Division, or they didn't like the look of the new timetable if they add to them, because that line of thinking has been completely abandoned.

As I've said before, I pledged for enough chibis to replace the minis in the core box. I had a lot of fun playing the old Siege of the Citadel, and I want to have a full siege of the chibidel set.

I'll have to be making a lot of them, but i've already got my Ezoghoul underway.

January 13th, 2017, 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Update 72's comments had the closest thing to an update on the chibi bundle.
Chris Birch, Modiphius wrote:
Michael Charvát wrote:
Any news on chibi bundle? Or there will not be any change?
@Michael - I'm hoping we can add it in soon but we need some costings yet to confirm it

January 14th, 2017, 12:37 am
Mini-Boss

Yeah, I guess this is confirmation that the numbers didn't come back in favor of a chibi bundle.

I don't know that it makes sense to lower prices after the kickstarter is over- you'll end up with people having over payed for what they have.

January 14th, 2017, 2:56 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

the speculation was that over the mobile spawn point aspect , with Sodapop saying they didn't introduce the rule change etc just for these models they already had unrleased content that uses the same concepts.

January 14th, 2017, 4:08 am
Ninja Corps

growlley wrote:
the speculation was that over the mobile spawn point aspect , with Sodapop saying they didn't introduce the rule change etc just for these models they already had unrleased content that uses the same concepts.

Wouldn't that be a super surprise for the turtle boss :)

January 14th, 2017, 2:02 pm
Consul

I'm getting rather frustrated not knowing anything about the SotC chibis :(

January 14th, 2017, 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Goblin-King wrote:
I'm getting rather frustrated not knowing anything about the SotC chibis :(

I'm a little there as well. They're not core to the game, but they are premium priced.

January 14th, 2017, 9:28 pm
Denizen

Hey just wanted to let everyone know I Asked Modiphius about the chibis in the KS message system and got a reply
Modiphius wrote:
Me wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if there was any more information on the Chibi Bundles for Siege of the Citadel. Thanks

Good morning
The chibi bundles will be available in our pledge manager - you should have access to these as you pledged a pound.

Ah. Apologies, I was misinformed:
We are still waiting on costings for the SDE bundle and will do an update about a new product for that.

January 17th, 2017, 7:02 pm
Minion

Thanks, Imriel! Although I have already gone for all heroes plus two full spawning points, I would love to hear more about the additional minions and any bit of info. I guess now we'll be waiting for both the SDL and SotC KS next update... ;)

January 17th, 2017, 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next