View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2017, 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Siege of the Citadel Chibi Miniatures for SDE 
Denizen

Correct, nothing exact. I wonder how big delay the general project gets due to the chibis. To save on shipping everything should be delivered at the same time in my opinion. I'm also wondering does the factory handling Siege of the Citadels also manufactures chibis?

August 5th, 2017, 6:45 am
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
So... It's not just me skimming the updates, right.
There really hasn't been any news on the SotC chibi miniatures for a loooong time?

This was posted from the July 31st Update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... ts/1950799

"- A week ago we had a meeting with Ninja Division to discuss the Chibi Bundle and production. We're waiting on an update proposal to share with you all - not long now and sorry for the wait on this. "

It appears based on the May 19th update and July 31st update that the two companies are working on a "new proposal." I assume the cost of the original proposal/production was not feasible for one or both sides.

August 8th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Minion

akai wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
So... It's not just me skimming the updates, right.
There really hasn't been any news on the SotC chibi miniatures for a loooong time?

This was posted from the July 31st Update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... ts/1950799

"- A week ago we had a meeting with Ninja Division to discuss the Chibi Bundle and production. We're waiting on an update proposal to share with you all - not long now and sorry for the wait on this. "

It appears based on the May 19th update and July 31st update that the two companies are working on a "new proposal." I assume the cost of the original proposal/production was not feasible for one or both sides.

Either that, or ND has been holding up their production timelines with their own stuff...

August 9th, 2017, 2:34 am
Mini-Boss

The Chibi minis aren't holding up Siege of the Citadel. The chibis were announced as Resin minis so that they won't be done in the same factory as the Siege plastics.

And the sculpting has already been done.

I mean, Modiphius did basically promise a new level box from NJ. We haven't exactly had that confirmed from NJ- but the chibi exoghoul does mean that the NJ people are on board with expanding the chibi Mutant Chronicles stuff.

August 11th, 2017, 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

Confirmation that SDE-SotC will be a warband.
That means heroes, mini-boss and a full spawnpoint. I'm crossing my fingers for paired spawners.

Quote:
I had a meeting last week with Ninja Division who have confirmed they're working out the chibi bundle as a Super Dungeon Explore Warband, we should have the finalised contents this week and cost - sorry it's taking a while they've been really snowed under with a lot of projects.

September 3rd, 2017, 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Goblin-King wrote:
That means heroes, mini-boss and a full spawnpoint. I'm crossing my fingers for paired spawners.

Huzzah!

September 3rd, 2017, 7:33 pm
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:

Is there some reason to think they are changing the makeup of the spawn point from what was previously announced?

September 3rd, 2017, 9:41 pm
Minion

I have the same feeling as Imriel, it sounds exactly like what they mentioned at the end of the campaign. Modiphius teased about additional miniatures, so i guess we will see in a week, unless more delays again.

I'm hoping additional miniatures for the price we paid for a full spawning point or a discount for purchasing everything to make a full spawning point.

September 3rd, 2017, 10:17 pm
Minion

Imriel wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

Is there some reason to think they are changing the makeup of the spawn point from what was previously announced?

My guess? Same reason it always is: "Money"

September 4th, 2017, 12:23 am
Denizen

insider714 wrote:
Imriel wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

My guess? Same reason it always is: "Money"

That's a reason it might change, not that it did change.
We've already seen the Ezoghoul for the mini-boss, and they've announced the Nephrite spawn point (1 Nephrite mobile spawner, 3 Necromutants, 3 Legionnaires), leaving only the hero for the Warband but my guess would be that they bundle in all the heroes but Murdoch. It would have been interesting if they said level box but Warband doesn't leave much room for speculation.

September 4th, 2017, 1:21 am
Minion

Imriel wrote:
We've already seen the Ezoghoul for the mini-boss, and they've announced the Nephrite spawn point (1 Nephrite mobile spawner, 3 Necromutants, 3 Legionnaires), leaving only the hero for the Warband but my guess would be that they bundle in all the heroes but Murdoch. It would have been interesting if they said level box but Warband doesn't leave much room for speculation.

My thought would be that it would be a deluxe levl box like with the ninja ambush. They pony up all the heroes in it with 2 spawn points worth of dudes and at least 1 (if not 2) ezoghoul mini boss (es). It makes more sense that way as they can sell it retail and force people to buy everything rather than just picking and choosing.

September 4th, 2017, 2:00 am
Denizen

insider714 wrote:
Imriel wrote:

My thought would be that it would be a deluxe levl box like with the ninja ambush. They pony up all the heroes in it with 2 spawn points worth of dudes and at least 1 (if not 2) ezoghoul mini boss (es). It makes more sense that way as they can sell it retail and force people to buy everything rather than just picking and choosing.

It's not going to retail. Modiphius might sell extra stock on their site or at conventions but that's it.

September 4th, 2017, 2:39 am
Minion

Imriel wrote:
insider714 wrote:
Imriel wrote:

It's not going to retail. Modiphius might sell extra stock on their site or at conventions but that's it.

I mean... did they SAY that recently, because they didn't really advertise a bundle off the bat, nor was the Ezhogoul originally even advertized as purchaseable, so I'd have to assume at this point that "the game has changed".

September 4th, 2017, 3:53 am
Consul

Imriel wrote:

Except there never having been much clarity of exactly what we were getting? :?
And people wanting to buy ONE box and be able to play e.g. a game of Arena.
People were displeased with the thought of having to buy two sets just to field a themed Arena game or even normal SDE game. Iirc the first proposed deal even gave you a useless surplus of some models.
It's all shaping up I think, but this whole thing wasn't really thought through from the beginning.

Anyways Idunno... To me it sounds like there's still a lot of balls in the air on SPM's side of the court.

September 4th, 2017, 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

When did the purchase structure change? I waited until almost the last day to finalize my pledge and still ended up with the "useless surplus" options of purchasing... :?: :?: :?: :?:

September 4th, 2017, 10:03 am
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Imriel wrote:

Except there never having been much clarity of exactly what we were getting? :?
And people wanting to buy ONE box and be able to play e.g. a game of Arena.
People were displeased with the thought of having to buy two sets just to field a themed Arena game or even normal SDE game. Iirc the first proposed deal even gave you a useless surplus of some models.
It's all shaping up I think, but this whole thing wasn't really thought through from the beginning.

Anyways Idunno... To me it sounds like there's still a lot of balls in the air on SPM's side of the court.

All of which is why we're getting a larger bundle. I'm more asking why the hope of the Nephrite spawn becoming paired.

Malersatz wrote:
When did the purchase structure change? I waited until almost the last day to finalize my pledge and still ended up with the "useless surplus" options of purchasing... :?: :?: :?: :?:

technically it hasn't yet but they've been saying a bundle was coming since before the pledge manager opened.

September 4th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Consul

Ah okay... Got'cha

I'm of the opinion that if you want to cram a lot of different models into a spawnpoint you are better off with a paired as that allow for both more and stronger models. That bill seems to fit what they are trying to do with SotC

Note, this is not a deal breaker to me though ;)
Paired or single, it's all good...

September 4th, 2017, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Modiphius wrote:
I had a meeting last week with Ninja Division who have confirmed they're working out the chibi bundle as a Super Dungeon Explore Warband, we should have the finalised contents this week and cost - sorry it's taking a while they've been really snowed under with a lot of projects.

This is the most recent news we have on topic.

September 5th, 2017, 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

A new update just went up:
Quote:
Hi guys we have some news on the long awaited chibi bundle. We've just finished a series of calls with the Ninja Division team to nail down details. We can announce that there will be a special Dark Legion Warband fully playable in the Super Dungeon Explore boardgame.

The Dark Legion Warband will come with the following:

8 x chibi Legionnaires
4 x chibi Necromutants
1 x chibi Necromutant
1 x chibi Ezoghoul
All the cards needed for the Dark Legion Warband AND all 5 chibi heroes.
The Necromutant counts as a mobile spawn point. This bundle will be $75 and includes everything you need to play. We'll be updating the Pledge Manager to allow you to select the Dark Legion Warband and previewing an image of the contents to remind you how they look early next week. Please be patient until it's ready.

I assume Necromutant in place of Nephrite is a typo.

September 29th, 2017, 7:00 pm
Mini-Boss

Hurrah. I still have to wait for them to update the pledge manager, but I'll be able to add that wonderful ezoghoul to my order.

I'm getting enough chibis to play SotC, by the way, and re-doing my pledge manager to include cute lil' Ezo will be $15. Seems like a good deal for a big resin badass.

The set does cost more than SPM's plastic warband sets, but that's what we expected (since this is all resin).

September 29th, 2017, 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next