View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 28th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Siege of the Citadel Chibi Miniatures for SDE 
Mini-Boss

Huh. I already finalized my pledge, but I might have to change it around a bit if the bundle turns out to be the better way to get a whole set.

Plus- they were talking about adding in another monster- probably as a mini boss or boss, so I'd definitely need to pick that up.

It'd be nice to have more information, even if it is just a final confirmation of "No, we won't do that."

I suppose that's lower on the radar for Modiphius/Cabinet, though. It isn't really part of their game, after all.

January 18th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Can someone give the quick run down oh what and how many of each your currently have to buy to have functional spawn sets ?

thanks

January 20th, 2017, 11:47 pm
Mini-Boss

The spawn point is 1 Nepharite and 3 of each Dark Legionairs and Necromutants.

You can have 1 spawn point is you get one of each box (and you end up with a few extra minis) or two spawn points if you get an extra $20 dark legion set 1 (the one with the Nepharite).

January 21st, 2017, 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:
The spawn point is 1 Nepharite and 3 of each Dark Legionairs and Necromutants.

You can have 1 spawn point is you get one of each box (and you end up with a few extra minis) or two spawn points if you get an extra $20 dark legion set 1 (the one with the Nepharite).

I thought they were gonna do a bundle for people who actually want to use them in SDE. As in... you don't need to buy extra useless minis.
has there been any word about anything at all?

January 21st, 2017, 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Nothing newer yet than in previous page:
Quote:
The chibi bundles will be available in our pledge manager.
We are still waiting on costings for the SDE bundle and will do an update about a new product for that.

I have currently pledged at Chibi level only. May remain so until shipping costs and bundle details have been revealed. I was considering getting the actual game too, but it's unlikely now without rules revealed. The best concept is the 7 player game with expansions, but don't know how well that plays. Regarding SDE, it certainly would be nice to see hero stats (considering also that option instead of full bundle).

January 21st, 2017, 8:02 am
Mini-Boss

The last word we got on that was not through official channels.

Imriel wrote:
Hey just wanted to let everyone know I Asked Modiphius about the chibis in the KS message system and got a reply
Modiphius wrote:
Me wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if there was any more information on the Chibi Bundles for Siege of the Citadel. Thanks

Good morning
The chibi bundles will be available in our pledge manager - you should have access to these as you pledged a pound.

Ah. Apologies, I was misinformed:
We are still waiting on costings for the SDE bundle and will do an update about a new product for that.

Previously, the last word was [url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-citadel-2nd-edition-techno-fantasy-bo/posts/1715861`]in this update[/url]. "we're looking into doing a chibi bundle, and we'd like to add something else to it- maybe a boss. It sounded to me like they wanted to make a while SDE level box out of it.

January 21st, 2017, 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

If they make a box set of it I might indulge a bit. We'll just have to see what happens.

January 22nd, 2017, 3:54 am
Bottle Cap

If you look around that kickstarter they have pics of the necromutants and legionaries, all the heroes, and the Nepharit.

It says rules-wise the nepharit will spawn the minions and be able to move around and attack the heroes. Don't know if thats been brought up already but with some digging, i stumbled across those guys.

January 25th, 2017, 5:17 am
Bottle Cap

Well I am late to this, and thankfully noticed before I missed out (which is my one complaint... would have been mad had I noticed LATER that I'd missed exclusives). Some comments:

1) On theme, SDE is a board game that is somewhat of a lighthearted parody take on an action JRPG. Final Fantasy VI opens with people running around in gun shooting Mechs. Final Fantasy VII opens in a city with a sword wielding guy teaming up with a guy who literally has a machine gun attached to his arm sabotaging a fantasy rendition of a nuclear reactor. If you don't think these miniatures fit the genre, you're not paying attention to the genre... now that said, they don't really fit the Crystalia lore. And if you're going for a pure "Crystalia" campaign, you are probably not letting the players use Kodifier Kisa and One Shot either. But if you're playing a one-off game for fun, and enjoying the genre rather than the campaign world, in terms of the "JRPG board game" genre, these fit perfectly fine -- JRPGs *ARE* silly that way.

2) yeah, my collector compulsion won out, and I ordered them. Must. Have. More... Chibis! Heck, I bought all the NAS sets for the figures, even tho the NAS game itself has questionable mechanics. The FInal Fantasy series has been filled with ninjas since the beginning, when the Thief upgraded TO a Ninja. Again, "doesn't fit Crystalia lore" is not the same as "doesn't fit JRPG as a board game genre".

3) I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they would publish print it yourself cards for the NAS and RRI minis for SDE. What they should do it release a pdf that you can print to card stock and clearly mark it as being "non-canonical" for Crystalia. Again, these minis all fit the JRPG genre which is very clearly "anything goes". Really what SPM needs to do is establish a "Crystalia canon", which would strictly be only thematic models made based on Crystalia lore with official packaged SDE cards, and then have a "SDE canon" which had download to print cards for cross-overs. The Crystalia canon should be strictly non-exclusive. The SDE canon could be a lot looser, and ALL cards should be download and print (meaning that even if you missed an exclusive mini, you could print the cards and use a stand-in model). For public games, you could easily have Crystalia-only games (this would probably be the default) which were limited to Crystalia canon, and "open" games where anything goes if it has a SDE card available. Of course the fact that I have more disposable income than restraint for buying minis may flavor my opinion, but I am almost always on the side of MORE CHIBIS! :)

4) My biggest complaint is that somehow I almost missed these. I track the store and new releases and am on the mailing list, and I stumbled onto them in another thread -- luckily in time to buy a late pledge and get them. I wish ND/SPM had at least made the fact that an exclusive with SDE rules was out there more visible.

February 6th, 2017, 1:24 am
Mini-Boss

- jmcminn- did you get into Way of the Fighter for the chibis? There was a way to pledge for only the chibis, and I'm sure they'll open up their pledge manager in their store like they usually do.

(of note, the chibis for that set do not have exclusive rules- and none of the chibis were labeled as exclusives, so it is entirely possible that we'll be able to purchase them at retail).

- I'm very much a fan of the JRPG, and the Final Fantasy series in particular has a lot of robots, guns and ninjas in it. I think the Ninjas fit right in as far as Crystalia Lore is concerned (the Wondering Monk Mountains are an obvious place for Ninjas to show up).

As much as I love the MC chibis, I do have to admit that there's something different to their style than the other crossover chibis. They are less science-fiction elements in JRPG, and a little more dieselpunk. Honestly, I love that about them (I kind of wish the Way of the Fighter chibis were a little more pocket fighter and a little less "dressed for Crystalia."

I still wonder if the rules for the MC chibis will be repeats of other SDE characters. More than that, I'm really curious if and how they'll make a balanced SDE party (mostly, I'm not sure that any of them have any business using WILL- and they'll likely be fighting over the Dex loot a lot).

February 6th, 2017, 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

- I did get the Way of the FIghter KS -- that one was cheap enough and interested me enough that I backed the whole thing. I missed the Rail Raiders Infinite KS, so I'll have to get those when the game comes out.

- As far as Ninjas, Crystalia I think is perfectly fine in terms of lore with adding a handful of canonical ninjas. To add the entirety of the NAS lineup as canon would make the Ninja archtype pretty prevalent in Crystalia -- it'd be hard to explain away as a culture in one remote area at that point. Of course, having a distant "eastern" continent with a ninja/oriental culture could work too... In either case, the ninja figurines fit in perfectly fine with a JRPG genre mashup game.

- as far as the Mutant Chronicals figurines, yeah, they are a bit steampunk looking, but again, the JRPG genre really is *anything* goes. I mean:

one group shot has a steampunk looking guy with a machine gun literally replacing a hand, a guy with a comically sized sword, a cat running around on top of a large marshmallow like thing "attacking" with a megaphone as his weapon (LOL), a ninja, a bare hand fighter, a guy with a hand gun, and a talking cat... it's pretty absurd. I mean, FF7 had a city with sky scrapers, highways, a motorcycle chase in which Cloud fended off chasing motorcycles with his sword, helicopters, air ships, and a freaking amusement park, while the big bad evil guy was a ninja with a large katana blade. This is great for self-justification of SDE chibi miniature collecting tho :)

- as for the stats, I would hope they wouldn't be clones of existing heroes, but you do have a point with them being logically dex heavy... interested to see what they do here.

February 7th, 2017, 12:31 am
Employee

odinsgrandson wrote:
I still wonder if the rules for the MC chibis will be repeats of other SDE characters.
The crossover Siege of the Citadel miniatures will have their own stats and abilities. They will not simply be re-skins of other Super Dungeon characters.

February 7th, 2017, 2:40 am
Mini-Boss

ND_nekodachi wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:
I still wonder if the rules for the MC chibis will be repeats of other SDE characters.
The crossover Siege of the Citadel miniatures will have their own stats and abilities. They will not simply be re-skins of other Super Dungeon characters.

I hope for retail models with these stats and abilities which fit well in the context of Crystalia.

Aella13 Painting Guide

February 7th, 2017, 10:26 am
Mini-Boss

CHIBI BUNDLE UPDATE

Chibi Bundle is not finalized yet, it WILL be announced, and it WILL include a Chibi Ezoghoul:

February 17th, 2017, 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

This looks really badass!

February 17th, 2017, 11:28 pm
Minion

Man! that's one awesome looking model!!! The weapon design and the jaws look great!

February 17th, 2017, 11:51 pm
Ninja Corps

Less about play-value in SDE, I'm just grinning thinking about my Royal Paladin squaring off against this guy on the shelf, with an army of ninjas behind him for support. Mwhahaha.

February 18th, 2017, 1:25 pm
Mini-Boss

Yes, Meankeb- it will be glorious.

February 19th, 2017, 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

If I can see the bundle they put together, and I get get a late pledge on that, I might consider. If the price is right. For what they were showing for 5 heroes and a spawn point worth of monsters it would be close to $100, and that isn't worth it to me.

February 20th, 2017, 3:05 am
Mini-Boss

Yeah, and there is no indication that they are dropping the resin, which is the reason for the high price.

We'll see.

February 20th, 2017, 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next