View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2017, 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Siege of the Citadel Chibi Miniatures for SDE 
Minion

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... ts/1685170

Picture below is Edward Murdoch - that comes with a pledge of Siege of the Citadel game:

Suprising to see rules for these miniatures for SDE, but no plans for RRI (their own product) to have rules for use in SDE. Maybe they change their mind in the future. Could see these miniatures used in RRI.

Addons -
Siege of the Citadel Chibi - Heroes $25 (Valerie Duval, Mitch Hunter, Tatus, Attila III)
Siege of the Citadel Chibi - Dark Legion $25 (Nepharite, Necromutant, & Legionaniaress)
Siege of the Citadel Chibi - Dark Legion 2 $30 (4 Necromutants, 4 Legionnaires)

September 19th, 2016, 4:37 pm
Consul

wtf am I looking at?

Imperial Guards in SDE? How do they justify that???

September 19th, 2016, 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

King I think you kind of accidentally justified it. SDE could be a really low tech death world a IG company could've got dropped on, on purpose or via warp drive issues. Biggest trick is making the paint jobs fit with the rest of SDE. Who knows the warp could've chibiized them and reduced the power of their weapons. Guns are already in SDE as well. The monsters look orc/goblinish in siege so they will fit in better than the heroes i'm thinking.

September 19th, 2016, 7:20 pm
Minion

*facepalm*

Assault rifles in a dungeon crawler is just stupid. Not exactly cheap either.

Contributing to the Compendium:

September 19th, 2016, 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I guess they will be released separately from the SotC Kickstarter by Ninja Division, hopefully the way Super Ninja Ambush was, still any concrete info will be gladly appreciated.

September 19th, 2016, 10:02 pm
Denizen

Well, hey. It's magic. You ain't gotta explain it.

September 19th, 2016, 10:23 pm
Minion

Clawandbyte wrote:
Well, hey. It's magic. You ain't gotta explain it.

Well, we do know that SDE is the favorite arcade game in Alakhai too :lol:

September 19th, 2016, 10:35 pm
Denizen

The chibis being SDE playable is made weirder by the fact that rail raiders were intentionally not given SDE stats because they didn't fit thematically. Weren't they? I vaguely remember reading a comment in the KS about that. These guys seem futher from SDE thematically than the rail raiders.

September 19th, 2016, 11:46 pm
Consul

Topher wrote:
*facepalm*

Assault rifles in a dungeon crawler is just stupid. Not exactly cheap either.

It's not exactly a "sweet deal"...

Nithrock wrote:
The chibis being SDE playable is made weirder by the fact that rail raiders were intentionally not given SDE stats because they didn't fit thematically. Weren't they? I vaguely remember reading a comment in the KS about that. These guys seem futher from SDE thematically than the rail raiders.

$oda Pop Miniature$ sells out! :shock:
Also notice how one of the SDE miniatures is NOT included in the optional buy sets, but only in the big box. :x
Can you even buy just the add ons if you wanted?

You basically can't get any further away from the theme than hardcors sci-fi troopers.
Though, I guess if you buy all three sets you'll be able to play a themed game.
Though you'll still be equipping swords and plate armors...
And are any of the new models even a boss and a mini-boss? The Nepharite probably is... Still not enough to make a complete game...

What were they thinking...?

September 20th, 2016, 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I am hoping it will be modified to be Rail Riders not SDE.

September 20th, 2016, 10:28 am
Minion

The comments from the Kickstarter backers are interesting.

Contributing to the Compendium:

September 20th, 2016, 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Dungeon Boss

I agree with Goblin King. This seams like a all-out, especially considering the lack of compatibility of Rail Raiders to SDE.

That said, I imagine these weren't made for Rail Raiders because RRI is not even out yet. There's no opinion of the game, and no note if commercial success or failure. It'd be too risky to make them for RRI, because who knows if anyone will even buy the game, let alone the Siege miniatures for it.

I'm not normally one to complain about more SDE content, but this really does seam grosly out of place. Still, Siege is a Techo-FANTASY, so at least there's some connection. But hey, at least my players will be happy...and being the Consul, I can never turn down new monsters.

And I guess if you really needed to explain the radical theme shift, you could play it in the same way the Relic Knights crossovers are explained: a hack of the system or code corruption created out-of-theme heroes and monsters.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

September 20th, 2016, 11:40 am
Denizen

Also have they redically changed the SDE logo? Or is that just for the crossover for some reason?

September 20th, 2016, 12:47 pm
Dungeon Boss

Nithrock wrote:
Also have they redically changed the SDE logo? Or is that just for the crossover for some reason?

Nope. That's gonna be the new logo.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

September 20th, 2016, 12:58 pm
Denizen

Daemonforge wrote:
Nope. That's gonna be the new logo.

Pity, it doesn't fit the game as well as the current one does. But it isn't the worst.

I do hope they somehow make these crossover characters fit, but it does seem like a sell out that won't fit too well. At least the relic knights were made so they worked with the theme, but how they will justify an assault rifle is beyond me.

September 20th, 2016, 1:04 pm
Minion

An integration to the SDE world needs spawning points and a certain spawning pool.

I would like to back the chibi part of the Kickstarter, provided that the same miniatures won't be released later as a crossover box, with new content (eg spawning points etc) which I will be missing.

In the KS, chibi Edward Murdoch has to be added as an optional buy too or a chibi only pledge level shall be created.

Apart from that, Siege of the Citadel chibis can be used in SDE fairly easily in side quests, eg imagine having to beat a gnome inventor in a SotC arcade of his own creation, using two-hero teams OR a dream sequence OR as a vision of a dystopian SDE future.

We definitely need some info from SPM and ND.

September 20th, 2016, 1:44 pm
Denizen

The price point seems a bit high. A Warband and 3 Heroes, the closest equivalent I can see, is about $79 MSRP . One of each set is $75 KS and $118 MSRP plus whatever the single is, they seem to think $14 is what single Chibi models go for. They've also said it will likely only sell in their site, so likely no discounts.

September 20th, 2016, 2:57 pm
Denizen

Nithrock wrote:

I agree completely.

September 20th, 2016, 3:41 pm
Denizen

So as a SDE completeionist I took a look at the minis. Quite frankly, not impressed and I agree it doesn't thematically go.

I'm not dropping 80+ dollars for a handful of chibis that don't really interest me.

Now if they started to do more with NAS crossing over that would be fun and awesome.

September 20th, 2016, 4:08 pm
Consul

dsdrew924 wrote:
So as a SDE completeionist I took a look at the minis. Quite frankly, not impressed and I agree it doesn't thematically go.

I'm not dropping 80+ dollars for a handful of chibis that don't really interest me.

Now if they started to do more with NAS crossing over that would be fun and awesome.

Yeah... My inner collector is really being challenged by this...
But I'll await further details before making my final judgement.

Regarding NAS, I actually think they did it quite elegantly with the generic/fit all models concept.
I think they should leave it as is. I don't want to collect several games just to play one game.

But seriously! How hard is it to make crossover stuf in the format of 3 heroes, monsters, 1 mini-boss, 1 boss?
With NAS you could almost do a themed game, but alas we miss the final boss. Yeah Roxor goes really well with ninjas...
And now it looks like it's happening again. Heroes, monsters, mini-boss... and no Boss! :x

September 20th, 2016, 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next