View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2017, 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ninja All Star Crossover to SDE 
Ninja Corps

/facepalm Yes. Will.

April 16th, 2017, 12:16 pm
Mini-Boss

Alright, taking the great ideas for Sharkateer, I have combined them with my proposed stats for Jorogumo as a Dungeon Boss.

Here she is:

Now, one thing I am not happy about is that her ability information does not fit onto the back of the card. Not the end of the world, but if anybody knows how you would shrink that down, that would be much appreciated information to pass on to me!

Now a bit of rationale...

I upped her movement to match what Sharkateer was proposing as I do kike the idea of a super fast spider skittering around everywhere. That, with her Surefoot is going to make her super mobile and almost impossible to stay away from! It reminds me of Shelob from Lord of the Rings. Not only was she huge, but the speed made her all the more scary.

Strength is not her best stat, even though her best attacks rely on it. This is intentional. It means that she is going to be carefully selecting and hunting her prey, the weak and the tender...

Her Armour stat is reasonable as far as Bosses go. Having four dice will help to protect against Bane status effects, and the 2 stars is insurance to make her a bit survivable.

Jorogumo, according to legend, would entice people into her lair and ten consume them. Also, without any obvious weapon, she needs some form of reliable offense. Spellcasting sounds up her alley, so I made this her go to attack stat against tougher opponents.

Dex - Jorogumo is just too big to be too nimble. She is fast, sure, so that is why I gave her 3 blue as oppose to just 2.

Overall I think Jorogumo's stats and attacks makes for interesting choices: does she use her strongest attack (Will) to take out the most heavily armoured heroes? Or does she try to Pounce on the most lightly armoured and try to Poison them and take them our quickly? This may definitely be an option if she wishes to heal.

Overall, I like the feel of this. I will be playtesting this in the very near future and will report back.

I will also make an Arcade version of this, as per request.

April 16th, 2017, 8:18 pm
Bottle Cap

Nice! To make skills fit on the back, I removed the arcade description of things like knockdown. That would free up four lines for you,, which is unfortunately not quite enough. Also you could try reducing the font size of the text on the back.

I made another NAS model based card.

ImageImage

I'm having a really hard time finding images of the rest of the IjIn Clan to use to make cards. I just can't find an image of the individual characters anywhere on the whole entire internets. The images are either the entire clan overlapping each other as on the box art, or transparent images uses as background for the models (and so still overlapped).

Can anyone send some art to use my way? ;_;

April 16th, 2017, 11:27 pm
Mini-Boss

Sharkateer wrote:

Imriel has done them all up. Make sure to give him thanks! :)

http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Fife18 ... t=3&page=1

April 17th, 2017, 2:56 am
Ninja Corps

Spazzfist wrote:
Now, one thing I am not happy about is that her ability information does not fit onto the back of the card. Not the end of the world, but if anybody knows how you would shrink that down, that would be much appreciated information to pass on to me!

There's no reason to have the description of lance back there. I don't think any AOEs are described on the cards specifically anywhere. That will clear up a fair amount of space right there.

April 17th, 2017, 5:18 am
Denizen

Usagi wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:

There's no reason to have the description of lance back there. I don't think any AOEs are described on the cards specifically anywhere. That will clear up a fair amount of space right there.

could also get rid of the text for arcade mode stuff on the back of the card (knockdown rule) to save some space, as this is for classic it isn't usable in arcade and therefore that info is irrelevant to this custom card

April 17th, 2017, 5:39 am
Bottle Cap

Spazzfist wrote:
Sharkateer wrote:

!SODA!, I *just* finished work on the last one tonight. XD I found out that the rulebook had all the art I needed.

Speaking of which, my imgur album has been updated with two new cards. Three left until I've finished the IjIn Clan, I believe.

April 17th, 2017, 8:54 am
Bottle Cap

Sharkateer wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:
Sharkateer wrote:

!SODA!, I *just* finished work on the last one tonight. XD I found out that the rulebook had all the art I needed.

Speaking of which, my imgur album has been updated with two new cards. Three left until I've finished the IjIn Clan, I believe.

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get that artwork of Viola? I'm also making some cards for a Arcadia Quest crossover :)

April 17th, 2017, 11:10 am
Mini-Boss

Usagi wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:

Thanks Usagi, but it's not only physically fitting them on that's the issue, but how to manipulate the card maker program to do so.

April 17th, 2017, 11:27 am
Denizen

You're using MedicationForAll's card maker yes? You should be able to disable keywords appearing on the back of cards by clicking on the Boo Booty icon next to "Keywords". Failing that, you can just open the dev console (if say you were using Google Chrome) and manually edit the page to remove the text from the back of the card.

April 17th, 2017, 11:33 am
Mini-Boss

Clawandbyte wrote:
You're using MedicationForAll's card maker yes? You should be able to disable keywords appearing on the back of cards by clicking on the Boo Booty icon next to "Keywords". Failing that, you can just open the dev console (if say you were using Google Chrome) and manually edit the page to remove the text from the back of the card.

That did the trick, thanks!

Here is the updated card:

April 17th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
Clawandbyte wrote:

That did the trick, thanks!

Here is the updated card:

I notice Lance X is still on the back of the card, it just has no description. There's a checkbox in the keyword editor that allows you to literally disable the keyword from appearing on the card's back. You can probably also safely remove Dangerous from the card back.

April 17th, 2017, 1:36 pm
Mini-Boss

Clawandbyte wrote:
I notice Lance X is still on the back of the card, it just has no description. There's a checkbox in the keyword editor that allows you to literally disable the keyword from appearing on the card's back. You can probably also safely remove Dangerous from the card back.

Look at how much I'm learning today! :D

Alright, hopefully this is the last one. I did decide to leave the Dangerous on there because Lance could always be looked up in an index, but symbols are much harder to interpret if you don't know what they mean.

April 17th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Minion

Spazzfist wrote:
Clawandbyte wrote:

Look at how much I'm learning today! :D

Alright, hopefully this is the last one. I did decide to leave the Dangerous on there because Lance could always be looked up in an index, but symbols are much harder to interpret if you don't know what they mean.

Awesome work, cant wait for the arcade card!

April 18th, 2017, 9:47 am
Minion

Yes, make a card for Jorugumo dungeon boss for Arcade and I will gladly test it. I don't play classic.

April 18th, 2017, 10:59 am
Mini-Boss

Foxwhisperer wrote:
Yes, make a card for Jorugumo dungeon boss for Arcade and I will gladly test it. I don't play classic.

I would love to, but unfortunately the card creator I am using (found here) does not fully support Arcade Mode yet.

I can make something close, just to try it out until the program is finished.

April 18th, 2017, 2:50 pm
Bottle Cap

Mangeluz, I used two images that had her in it from the Kickstarter and shooped them together. In each image part of her was missing or covered up so I used the two partials to make a whole.

I can send you the .xcf (GIMP) file if you'd like.

Also, I've finished every model from the IjIn Clan now except for one. I'll post them all up later on. Meanwhile, Imgur.

Most of the cards will get a second art pass to give them supa supa anime desu ne hair, and honto kawaii sugoi eyes. Also, a balance pass, if I can ever find someone to playtest these for me. ;_;

April 19th, 2017, 10:37 am
Mini-Boss

Sharkateer wrote:
Nice! To make skills fit on the back, I removed the arcade description of things like knockdown. That would free up four lines for you,, which is unfortunately not quite enough. Also you could try reducing the font size of the text on the back.

ImageImage

I'm having a really hard time finding images of the rest of the IjIn Clan to use to make cards. I just can't find an image of the individual characters anywhere on the whole entire internets. The images are either the entire clan overlapping each other as on the box art, or transparent images uses as background for the models (and so still overlapped).

Took a look at this guy and for an elite he seems WAY too overpowered for me. For starters, his stats are decent, except that he has three actions, which seems high for an elite. The Fury ability can make him plenty dangerous, especially if he is on his last wound. the real icing on the OP cake, however is the ability he has to heal 1 if he wounds somebody, and this is with his best stat, which is ranged and only costs one action to boot. This guy is approaching mini-boss levels!

What is the "feel" that you are going to with this guy? How do you envision him on the battlefield?

April 19th, 2017, 11:25 am
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
Sharkateer wrote:

ImageImage

Took a look at this guy and for an elite he seems WAY too overpowered for me. For starters, his stats are decent, except that he has three actions, which seems high for an elite. The Fury ability can make him plenty dangerous, especially if he is on his last wound. the real icing on the OP cake, however is the ability he has to heal 1 if he wounds somebody, and this is with his best stat, which is ranged and only costs one action to boot. This guy is approaching mini-boss levels!

What is the "feel" that you are going to with this guy? How do you envision him on the battlefield?

Actually, he looks pretty okay for a 16-bit elite, though I'd increase his skull value to 3 (as most 3-action 3 heart 16 bits have 3 skulls)

April 19th, 2017, 6:25 pm
Ninja Corps

Clawandbyte wrote:
Actually, he looks pretty okay for a 16-bit elite, though I'd increase his skull value to 3 (as most 3-action 3 heart 16 bits have 3 skulls)

When I was reading him I was mentally comparing him to the Dragon Priest, who also has 3 hearts and 3 actions. He only has a 2 skull cost as well, with comparable to arguably (slightly) better attack and defense stats and the same range. The only thing that caught my eye as maybe a little off kilter was the Chakra attack, actually. An AOE that attacks a non-traditional defense stat for actual damage is probably something that should take 2 actions. even if it uses a slightly lower attack stat than the primary stat, it can be bolstered by Fury. Other than that possible change (which I'm not even that strongly in favor of, maybe 60/40) it seems like a solid and balanced mini compared to the dragon priest. It's more offensively oriented, but lacks the support of the priest. It can heal a little, but it's unreliable. It's probably a strong 2 skull. But if you made it a 3 skull, it would be a notably weak 3 skull, I think.

April 19th, 2017, 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next