View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2017, 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ninja All Star Crossover to SDE 
Mini-Boss

I know that the basic ninjas have been made available for SDE, but I was wondering whether anybody out there has done any work to make more of these great figures compatible? Has Sodapop mentioned any plans to make these compatible?

I myself have done work to make Onibaba a Dungeon boss, which can be found here.

I would love to see more of the Ronin as either Mini-Bosses, Dungeon Bosses or heroes.

Last edited by Spazzfist on October 1st, 2016, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 17th, 2016, 1:45 am
Mini-Boss

Officially no, but I plan on doing something with them. I haven't really gotten around to unboxing most of my NAS stuff, but the models are cool. I could see the Injin models being cool Riftling heroes for instance. Perhaps the Kitsune could be converted into Freyan too.

September 17th, 2016, 3:42 am
Dungeon Boss

Sodapop has mentioned that there are no plans to make any of the more unique NAS stuff compatable with SDE. In fact, they initially planned to have no crossover material at all, but decided that it would be best to at least do something with them, as the community was bound ti ask for it. That's why we got the minimalistic approach with the NAS crossover stuff. So don't expect any more official crossover material. If you want stuff, you'll probanky have to make it yourself.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

September 17th, 2016, 9:39 am
Mini-Boss

I am almost done painting all the ronin that I currently have for NAS, and it is inspiring me to get back onto this project. I will look at it more when I get home tonight, but I was thinking of starting with a generic point from which to build the characters. To this end, I was noticing that the vast majority of the ronin have swords, some armed with one and some armed with two.

A person armed with one sword is going to be able to make less attacks, but will make a stronger attack. They will also be less able to defend, as they only have the one sword with which to defend (unless they dodge). So what I was thinking of off the top of my head was the following:

One sword - STR 2R
Two swords - STR 3B

Thoughts?

September 28th, 2016, 4:40 pm
Denizen

I'm of a personal mindset to whip out the custom card creator and make Hero [Or Boss] stats for the Ronin and Team Leaders on my own.

Although the Riftling Warrior might have a femme Proxy in Bomechan, and I got the dark Kitsune as a Nyan Nyan proxy cause I dont like the Nyan Nyan sculpt.

There is a thread on this board about making Son Goku a hero, here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12311

October 1st, 2016, 12:17 am
Mini-Boss

Salaura wrote:
I'm of a personal mindset to whip out the custom card creator and make Hero [Or Boss] stats for the Ronin and Team Leaders on my own.

Although the Riftling Warrior might have a femme Proxy in Bomechan, and I got the dark Kitsune as a Nyan Nyan proxy cause I dont like the Nyan Nyan sculpt.

Would love to see anything you can think of to this project!

Salaura wrote:
There is a thread on this board about making Son Goku a hero, here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12311

Yeah, I had seen that. I have posted a link there back here so we can try and have one compiled list of all ronin.

October 1st, 2016, 2:43 pm
Mini-Boss

I have come up with some ideas for Bakusho Mondai. It is a bit rough, but I figured it was more important to get the particulars hammered out before worrying about the aesthetics.

I wanted to capture some of the background of the character on whom Bakusho Mondai is based - Hard Gay aka Razor Ramone. Hard Gay is best known for his role as a comedian in Japanese television, but prior to that he was a pro wrestler in Japan. It was on his wrestlig career that I focused the character build.

The wrestling move listed (69 Drive) was his signature finishing move, and his entrance music was "Living La Vida Loca". the Sparklebomb, comes from the picture when he was first teased prior the the release of NAS

Here is the rought draft:

October 2nd, 2016, 12:43 am
Denizen

Well, from what I see the offense/defense stats go from 2 to 5 - and we could probably relate that to a hard dice number, like

2=3B
3=2R
4=4B
5=2B1R

with the determination of what their Offense and Defense attribute being common sense. I honestly think that most ninja should use DEX, not ARM, but some of them like Mizuchi probably use ARM, and every ninja that uses DEX as Offense should never, EVER use it as Defense as well. The MV is easiest to translate into Movement, and AP is always 3.

This does kinda fall apart when compared to the canonical ninja we have cards for (Kunoichi Candy has 8 MV in NAS but only 6 in SDE), but it seems a solid base for conversion.

The main thing is how to translate abilities? The higher the base stat, the lower the abilities should be, and I'm frankly not in an SDE mindset right now to think about it other than to say Resilient should NOT equal Tough.

SDE Spawner Tiers: Ranking Spawn Points in Classic Mode

October 3rd, 2016, 4:30 am
Mini-Boss

iamfanboy wrote:
Well, from what I see the offense/defense stats go from 2 to 5 - and we could probably relate that to a hard dice number, like

2=3B
3=2R
4=4B
5=2B1R

with the determination of what their Offense and Defense attribute being common sense. I honestly think that most ninja should use DEX, not ARM, but some of them like Mizuchi probably use ARM, and every ninja that uses DEX as Offense should never, EVER use it as Defense as well. The MV is easiest to translate into Movement, and AP is always 3.

This does kinda fall apart when compared to the canonical ninja we have cards for (Kunoichi Candy has 8 MV in NAS but only 6 in SDE), but it seems a solid base for conversion.

A couple of things that I see wrong with this:

1) There is no precedence for a hero with 4B in any stat.
2) Most of the ninjas have only 5 Movement, but the only SDE hero with that stat is Sebastian Cross. The standard is 6.

October 3rd, 2016, 2:20 pm
Mini-Boss

Here is another one that I came up with. Again, I suck at doing anything with the photos, so anyone who can help me with that will have my heartfelt gratitude.

Momotaro was interesting in that there is a lot of info about him as he is a very popular character from Japanese folklore. I did my due diligence in researching and even read three different versions of the story. The basic gist is that an elderly couple found a giant peach in the river by their house, and inside the peach they found a little boy ("momo" in Japanese means "peach"). The boy grew up and learned of a band of oni that were terrorizing the people. He set off and found a talking dog, monkey and pheasant to whom he offered millet dumplings to befriend them. They joined him on his mission and the friends defeated the oni and stole their treasure. Sounds like a SDE adventure if ever I heard one!

So with those thematic elements in mind, this is what I came up with:

Thoughts?

Last edited by Spazzfist on October 3rd, 2016, 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

October 3rd, 2016, 2:59 pm
Mini-Boss

No defense stat? Lol looks pretty good to me also you need the augment flag on tessen and dumpling.

October 3rd, 2016, 4:52 pm
Mini-Boss

vreeleader wrote:
No defense stat? Lol looks pretty good to me also you need the augment flag on tessen and dumpling.

Fixed - thanks for spotting those!

Do you think the range on the Tetsubo should be 2? I mean, it is as long as any spear!

October 3rd, 2016, 6:24 pm
Denizen

The Millet Dumpling Potion increases your health for a turn? (since that's technically the duration of all potions) I can't see an extra hit point for one turn as too useful. Even if it lets you survive, you'll just die the next turn.

Or is it just supposed to be Heal 1 and you used bad syntax?

Also, Tessen gives +1W Arm only to Momotaro. I assume this is not intentional, as +1W is a small bonus for it to only apply to its user.

October 3rd, 2016, 7:06 pm
Mini-Boss

With his stats so high i would leave it range 1.

October 3rd, 2016, 7:25 pm
Denizen

I have all of the NAS characters found in the rule book witout a background if you need them.

Last edited by Imriel on October 4th, 2016, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 3rd, 2016, 7:46 pm
Mini-Boss

Imriel wrote:
I have all of the NAS characters found in the rule book witout a background if you need them.

Yes please! I am totally into making the ronin into SDE characters, and the images is one thing that I am totally useless at. Much appreciated!

October 3rd, 2016, 7:59 pm
Mini-Boss

Here is my first stab at Onyro. Seeing as she is based on the monster from the movie "The Ring" (Or "Ringu" in the original Japanese) I wanted to make all of her attacks Waves in order to give the ring effect. Each of her attacks can be done at 1, 2, or 3 actions in order to expand the wave one square further witch each action expended. The fact that she kills by drowning is why I selected the Choke status effect. She is, of course a ghost and so is immune to status effects herself.

Last edited by Spazzfist on October 4th, 2016, 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

October 3rd, 2016, 11:58 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
Imriel wrote:

Yes please! I am totally into making the ronin into SDE characters, and the images is one thing that I am totally useless at. Much appreciated!

Here you go.

October 4th, 2016, 1:08 am
Mini-Boss

Imriel wrote:
Here you go.

Thanks so much! That is going to be a great help! I am not sure if you are up to taking resuests, but I have done the cards for Bakusho Mondai and Onryo, but you don't have the images for them. Do you suppose I could trouble you to put those next on your "crop list"?
Thanks a bunch!

October 4th, 2016, 1:22 am
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
Imriel wrote:
Here you go.

Thanks so much! That is going to be a great help! I am not sure if you are up to taking resuests, but I have done the cards for Bakusho Mondai and Onryo, but you don't have the images for them. Do you suppose I could trouble you to put those next on your "crop list"?
Thanks a bunch!

Got Onryo now, will try to get the others I'm missing.
edit: I felt I had to go a bit further on Bakusho Mondai and made:

It didn't work they way i thought it would with the creator so:

October 4th, 2016, 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next