View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2017, 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 SDE Hero Compendium website - updated 17th Feb 
Denizen

Dude, very nice scan!!!!!

May 26th, 2016, 7:49 am
Minion

Topher wrote:
Oh and please raise your hand if you are a JQuery expert lurking around here. I could definitely use some help to refine the filter code to make the buttons function as toggles so that multiple items from each filter category can be selected at once. As a starting point the filter uses the plugin Isotope. Send me a PM if you think that sounds like your sort of thing.

I may be able offer some help to your jquery questions.

May 26th, 2016, 6:06 pm
Consul

I know it'll be hard work, but I really think you should scan everything yourself to ensure the size and quality is consistent.

It's a shame SPM hasn't done a preview of every hero.
These have a perfect format. It would be awesome if SPM would deliver all the cards for your page. A man can dream...

May 26th, 2016, 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Hello all,

So yeah, turns out Friday was a little unrealistic but that's alright. As my boss likes to phrase it, "don't rush greatness" :lol:

As per my last post, the site has been re-styled and at least according to my family looks much cleaner now. The image overlay and gallery have been completely reworked the code simplified and streamlined. The supporting files are a bit on the heavy side so I will need to see what can be done to improve page load times.

I'm also still working out how to use Github, but with a slice of luck I will have it sorted on my train ride to work tomorrow. I've also scanned every hero card I own and pushed them through a Photoshop script to crop, resize, and colour balance each image. The next fun part will be combining the front and back of each card together in a single image. I will add them as they are ready so just keep checking back regularly and you should see slow and gradual progress.

Once the heroes are up, I will then work on adding all the mobs, creeps, spawns and bosses. I hope that my site will soon become the most complete SDE reference site on the web. Well, I can dream at least ;)

In the meantime please check out the site and report your feedback here.

Goblin-King wrote:
I know it'll be hard work, but I really think you should scan everything yourself to ensure the size and quality is consistent.

It's a shame SPM hasn't done a preview of every hero.
These have a perfect format. It would be awesome if SPM would deliver all the cards for your page. A man can dream...

A man can indeed dream :cry:

It does however give me an excuse to go all collector crazy and buy every released model. Not perhaps the greatest excuse but an excuse all the same.

Contributing to the Compendium:

May 30th, 2016, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Quick update:

• Added new card scans for 46 heroes
  • Added new profile pictures for 47 heroes
  • Changed background colour of image gallery view
  • Added links to project on Github

June 1st, 2016, 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Looking good so far...

The format from Angry Bear (and others) is great. Both sides of the card displayed at once.
Make it so the names on the thumbnails are fully displayed even if it's long.
Is it possible to add next/previous buttons for when you are in display-mode?

It needs some spiffy graphics for the bagground, but I assume you are keeping it simple until you have the basic design 100% done.

Please put the link in your signature :D

June 1st, 2016, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Nice work so far, very cool.

Also very cool of SPM to promote a project like this instead of trying to shut it down with a Cease and Desist.

June 1st, 2016, 9:13 pm
Ninja Corps

+1. The front/back is outstanding. So much easier than getting my box out of the stack to get the cards out to plan the week's party :)

Goblin-King wrote:
The format from Angry Bear (and others) is great. Both sides of the card displayed at once.

June 2nd, 2016, 1:45 am
Minion

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is helpful as always.

AzureKnight wrote:
Also very cool of SPM to promote a project like this instead of trying to shut it down with a Cease and Desist.

I too have been pleasantly surprised at their acceptance and it shows that SPM really do care about their community. Well that and Deke seems like a cool guy 8-)

Goblin-King wrote:
Make it so the names on the thumbnails are fully displayed even if it's long.
Is it possible to add next/previous buttons for when you are in display-mode?

I have had trouble getting the DIV to expand to fit the content of each hero name. After exploring different size fonts, editing names etc, I think the easiest option is to move the hover tool-tip outside of the box and let it float underneath. I have it working on my test site but the styling of the tool-tips needs some more love before being deployed. I have also reworked the hover effect for each hero tile, adding a subtle zoom and a border colour effect.

As for the next/previous buttons, I enabled them during testing but found they ignored the filter settings. I therefore prioritised only showing one image at a time versus potentially confusing the poor user with images outside of their chosen filters. I have not given up on getting it to work, but for now with my current web knowledge it is the best I can do.

Goblin-King wrote:
It needs some spiffy graphics for the bagground, but I assume you are keeping it simple until you have the basic design 100% done.

Please put the link in your signature :D

I have added spiffy background to my list. Given the amount of colour already present on the page it will need to be soft or muted to avoid a rainbow effect.

And I've added a siggy to my forum profile :D

On other news, I've sadly run out of hero cards to scan so I need help with the remaining ones:

• Deeproot Wolf Rider
  • Dragon Blade
  • Silver Chevalier
  • Survivor Marie-Claude
  • Twilight Knight
  • Wyrm Claw Templar
  • Mr. Bitey

With the Rail Riders PM opening today I opted to defer expanding my SDE collection until next month... or maybe the one after hahaha.

I have also noticed that my generic missing hero profile image (the very soft SDE logo) does not consistently load for all icons. Sadly this means making the markup more complicated to account for released / unreleased state but all things going well it should be more consistent after the next update.

The remaining pet cards have been scanned and just need editing. I have also started to scan all the monster cards (spawns, bosses, mini-bosses, mobs, creeps). I opted to focus on the normal cards and will leave the arcade mode until later. I have scripted almost everything in Photoshop so it should not be long before the monster cards are up.

Last edited by Topher on June 2nd, 2016, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 2nd, 2016, 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Yes, please add everything, including spawn points!

Also, separate pets from heroes. Much thanks!

June 2nd, 2016, 8:50 am
Minion

Tranc wrote:
Also, separate pets from heroes. Much thanks!

Can you clarify what you mean by separate pets? Do you mean place them in their own section, a different tab or a completely separate page?

June 2nd, 2016, 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Great work, Topher, thanks!

June 2nd, 2016, 9:15 am
Dungeon Boss

I'm actually not very surprised that SPM allowed this. They've always had a very open, and lenient policy regarding the redistribution of rules.

And I too am eager to see all the monsters on here, being I mostly play Consul.

On a similar note, I'm likely to continue on with my written compendium, but it looks like I'll be beaten from now on. :lol:

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

June 2nd, 2016, 12:47 pm
Ninja Corps

Scans sent over, should be some links in your PM Topher. Just realized that Mr. Bitey lost his bottom edge...grrr. I've already packed up and am stepping out for a couple of hours. If those don't work, or if noone else sends you anything, let me know. I can snap actual pictures on a white backgroud, but I know that angles / glare can always be a problem.

June 2nd, 2016, 3:18 pm
Minion

Meankeb wrote:
Scans sent over, should be some links in your PM Topher. Just realized that Mr. Bitey lost his bottom edge...grrr. I've already packed up and am stepping out for a couple of hours. If those don't work, or if noone else sends you anything, let me know. I can snap actual pictures on a white backgroud, but I know that angles / glare can always be a problem.

You Sir are a champion! Poor Mr. Bitey has indeed lost his sharp edge but the rest are good enough for our needs. If you could re-scan Bitey when you have time that would be great. Thank you again for contributing :D

Daemonforge wrote:
And I too am eager to see all the monsters on here, being I mostly play Consul.

On a similar note, I'm likely to continue on with my written compendium, but it looks like I'll be beaten from now on. :lol:

Good work on being the regular Consul, it is a thankless job at times. I think once the monsters, spawns etc are up then it will be a more useful resource for Consul players.

Please keep up your written compendium as I know it will be useful for at least myself if not others too.

June 2nd, 2016, 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Hello all,

I have updated the site so please have a look and then post your feedback here.

Change log:
  • Added scans for mobs, spawn points, creeps and bosses
  • Added scans kindly provided by @Meankeb
  • Divided characters into sections by type (heroes, monsters, bosses and other)
  • Removed character type filter buttons
  • Added select box to filter character type sections
  • Replaced image hover effect with a new image hover tool-tip effect
  • Replaced microscope icon with a subtle hover animation effect and image border highlight
  • Reduced the size of each character profile icon
  • Added page background image (this one is for you @Goblin-King)

I have now scanned all of the cards in my collection. I therefore need help from the community to fill in the gaps.

Contributing cards:

Identifying missing cards

• Open the site: http://sde.invarti.com
  • Click the "Hide Unreleased" button
  • Any images that load with a generic SDE logo are missing

Submitting scans

Hopefully everyone can use one or more of the following options.

• Upload the scans to a file sharing site (imagur, drop-box, Google Drive etc) then PM me the links
  • Via email - send me a PM on the forums and I will give you my email address
  • Submit a pull request on Github

Scanning parameters - hero sized cards

I am happy to edit raw scans as required, including combining the front and back of each card into a single image.

• Scanned resolution: 400 DPI or greater

Final image parameters - hero sized cards

For those that want to edit their own scanned files.

• Cropped dimensions (single card): 500px by 350px
  • Cropped dimensions (front and back): 1000px by 700px
  • Cropped resolution: 183 DPI height / width
  • File-type: JPG

June 7th, 2016, 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I have created a simple online form that people can use to submit scanned character cards. Link: https://form.jotform.co/61591820810856

Hopefully this will encourage a few more people here to contribute some scans to the project. Don't be shy now ;)

June 8th, 2016, 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Consul

I like the recent changes to the page :)

The blue bar and sodapop logo in the bottom is weird on my PC.
Sometimes it jumps up and lies at a wrong location behind the model-thumbnails, but with the text and logo in front of the thumbs.
This happens when I'm switching between the retail packages. There's no apparent system to when it jumps back and forth.
I'm using Chrome.

June 8th, 2016, 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Minion

That doesn't sound right at all. I have checked on my version of Chrome (Version 50.0.2661.102 m (64-bit)) and the bottom bar behaves as I would expect. Please try clearing the cache (alt+F5) as it may be trying to combine old files with new ones.

June 8th, 2016, 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Thanks for the hard work Topher. May I suggest a separate filter for Spawn Points (separate from Monsters)?

Edit: also separate dungeon bosses & mini-bosses!

June 9th, 2016, 5:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next