View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2017, 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 SDE Hero Compendium website - updated 17th Feb 
Minion

Topher wrote:
Well I had a look back over my collection to find the card with two version:

Ninja Cola (kitsune hero): one version has two support potions the other only has one

I see this has already been discussed here on the forums but given the date stamp it would seem the dual potion version is the newer one. Do we have an official ruling on the correct version?

You have the newer version on the page (printed with Ninja All Stars, year 2015) so I think it's the correct and more balanced one. No need for the other (year 2014).

June 19th, 2016, 7:58 am
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
Excellent work topher!

I'm not convinced equipment has a place on your page.
Rather I'd say expanding the filter system would have better value (and keep you buzy!).

* Races
* affinity
* Keywords (Fly, status, mob etc.)

I was also thinking if checkboxes would be a better option than buttons.
You would be able to see models from e.g. Claws of the Wurm and Dragonback Peaks.

Thanks Goblin-King

I have been re-working the filter system, moving from buttons to check boxes. Formatting them to be consistent across different Internet browsers is a bit fun but I think I am there now. I have also made it that unreleased models are hidden by default, and I have added an image loading progression counter to give users an idea of how many more images need to load. Right now I am just trying to squash a weird bug that sometimes occurs when the page length doesn't match the filtered content.

On the topic of expanded filters, I have given it more thought and I propose the following:

Home page with three panels arranged side by side that link to the following pages
  • SDE character list grouped by character type and filtered by retail package
  • SDE character list grouped by retail package including quantity of each character with section based filters
  • SDE hero team builder

The team builder will include stats such as races, affinity, keywords, hero type (strength based melee, dexterity based range etc) and hero rating. These options can be shown to hidden based on the choice of the user. The idea being that it can be a tool to assist team composition that becomes more useful as the number of possible heroes increases. For me choosing a good hero team is the hardest part of setting up a game of SDE.

On the team builder, clicking on a hero will expand their card to include a brief outline of the hero strengths and weaknesses. This content can be pulled together from the wiki and threads both here and from the boardgamegeek forums. There will be a checkbox to select heroes and add them to a separate section at the top of the page to build a team roster. There will also be a random team button. If we can agree on hero category types then I can also add a button to add a random hero that is support, tank, melee, ranged etc. Something along the lines of the hero select menu in Overwatch combined with this NBA team builder from the New York Times.

So, what does everyone think of these ideas?

Contributing to the Compendium:

June 25th, 2016, 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Today I officially used the page to actually look something up! Yay!
It's really a !SODA! nice page!

The proposed additions sounds very promising :)

June 26th, 2016, 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Waw that site is sooooo useful :)
even the wiki is not that complete ^^

Good job on that :D

Is it in your plan to add the arcade version of bosses, mini bosses, monsters and spawners?
If it's the case, you may become more than my hero ^^
If not, that's not a problem, you still remain my hero

July 19th, 2016, 6:59 pm
Minion

Thanks for the kind words WebdyFreedom31, it is greatly appreciated.

I am still plugging away at the next iteration of the site, specifically adding the team builder feature, improved filtering, and a few other usability improvements. Once that is complete I may reconsider adding the arcade mode cards. It would involve a fair bit of scanning, so hopefully I can share the burden with other members of the community. If you are willing then by all means create the scans and then submit them via the online form.

Link to submit character scans

The team builder is proving a tricky beast to conquer but I hope to have it online before the end of the month. A friend has offered me some coding guidance so the outcome will be nice and shiney 8-)

July 20th, 2016, 2:47 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I just want to congratulate on this amazing job that you have done!

If there was one issue that I could think is that you had put Glimmerwing in the boss section and not mini boss...but even so that is such a minor issue...issue?...no a small detail but that's it.

July 21st, 2016, 9:56 pm
Bottle Cap

I'll help with pleasure when I get all the legends kickstart cards :)

for the moment I only have FK French cards (but if you need them in french, I'll send them when I have time to do so )

do you also need some others things for the future? (like minis sample, tiles sample, etc?)

Edit: While rereading the kickstart news, I found this : http://sodapopminiatures.com/media/downloads/HW-B-DerangedAlchemist-trimmed.pdf

July 22nd, 2016, 6:50 pm
Minion

killseal wrote:
I just want to congratulate on this amazing job that you have done!

If there was one issue that I could think is that you had put Glimmerwing in the boss section and not mini boss...but even so that is such a minor issue...issue?...no a small detail but that's it.

Nicely spotted Killseal and thanks for the kind words. In my defense I will argue that as Glimmerwing is such an awesome model it really deserves to be a dungeon boss :mrgreen:

I have now relocated Gimmerwing back to being a mini-boss. You may need to do a full refresh of the site for the change to appear.

wendyfreedom31 wrote:
I'll help with pleasure when I get all the legends kickstart cards :)

for the moment I only have FK French cards (but if you need them in french, I'll send them when I have time to do so )

do you also need some others things for the future? (like minis sample, tiles sample, etc?)

Rolling out a multi-lingual version of the site would be super cool. I'll see what can be done once the core functionality is a bit further developed. I am also patiently waiting the release of Legends. Fingers crossed it will land this side of Christmas. However even if it doesn't come until 2017, I still have quite a collection of models remaining to paint. Then there is rail-riders, arcadia quest.... w

As for helping out, once I have pushed out the team builder page then I will need help compiling strategy recommendations for each hero. Your help with such a task will be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping to have the next update pushed out before next weekend. At the very least giving myself a deadline will keep me focused.

July 25th, 2016, 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

okay :) Then I guess I'll use a little bit my scanner when I've some time from now and send to your site the french cards I have, Just in case for the future ^^
It'll just be FK in the first Time and I think that'll be the only french cards from me (in facts, It cost me less to buy on sodapop in USD even with the delivery fee for Belgium than to buy it in France/Belgium so I guess that I'll buy the next products here and have everything in English ^^' ) but it's better than nothing I guess

A feature I'd find really cool also, is a preview of the different tiles by set/expansions because it's not really clear in the store, there is not all the tile sample, and when there is some it is soooooo little we actually can't see a !SODA! thing :/

Actually one of the uses I have with your site is to serve as my wishlist/checklist for future purchase, because, well there is sooo little info on the products in the store (I like to know the profiles, the mini, the tiles and so before buying something), so the overview of profiles in your site is really useful IMO for peoples wanting to expand their collection but that don't know what ton buy first :)

July 25th, 2016, 10:09 am
Minion

Topher casts resurrect thread!

Hey guys, a new version of the site is now live. The main changes are to the filtering buttons that are now check-boxes. This means that multiple options per filter can now be selected. The other big change is the addition of filtering by URL. As each filter is applied or removed, the URL will be updated accordingly. For example:

http://sde.invarti.com/#.RTR.DPC.heroFilter,%20.RTR.FKC.heroFilter,%20.RTR.DPC.shifterFilter,%20.RTR.FKC.shifterFilter

That link selects heroes and shape-shift forms from the Dagon Peak and Forgotten King retail packages. This means it is possible to select all of your collection and then save the link. I guess you could also use this as a paint tracker to record how many models you still have to paint :lol: :lol: :lol:

The team builder is still very much a work in progress, but I am slowly getting closer to having it ready. Updates to come soon.

Please check out the new version and let me know what you think.

August 13th, 2016, 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Oh and the new site has been pushed to Github too.

August 13th, 2016, 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

The new version is very cool and easy to use. Simply a great job!

August 13th, 2016, 9:53 am
Consul

Looks good. This is really taking shape!

Suggestion: Make it so the check lists don't disappear when you click them. Often you are interested in selecting several. Re-opening it again and again is quite a hassle.

August 13th, 2016, 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Minion

You need a donate button if you don't have one already because you are a true hero.

Although I could foresee that being problematic legally maybe so never mind but you still are the broest of bros.

August 13th, 2016, 12:26 pm
Minion

madagelo wrote:
The new version is very cool and easy to use. Simply a great job!

Thanks Madagelo :D

Goblin-King wrote:
Looks good. This is really taking shape!
Suggestion: Make it so the check lists don't disappear when you click them. Often you are interested in selecting several. Re-opening it again and again is quite a hassle.

Thanks for the feedback Goblin-King. Thanks to this post on Stack-Overflow I've made a change that gracefully allows the menu to remain open after a checkbox is changed. I didn't make the change to the release status menu as it only contains two options, so an auto closing menu is actually welcome. The other two menus must now be closed manually by clicking on another area of the site. If that proves confusing, then I can add a close menu button/icon.

Chozo Tull wrote:
You need a donate button if you don't have one already because you are a true hero.

Although I could foresee that being problematic legally maybe so never mind but you still are the broest of bros.

Thanks for the compliment, but I doubt Deke or Soda Pop would appreciate me asking for money. That said, I would accept donations of SDE models. But then again my collection of unpainted stuff is already quite impressive :lol: :lol:

A friend yesterday suggested splitting out the individual retail releases into a separate menu filter. This would allow you to essentially select your entire collection and then save the URL link for later. Does anyone here support the idea and think it will be useful?

August 14th, 2016, 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Quick update to say the site is now using Cloudfare as a CDN. That should mean it loads faster for you lads and lasses that don't live in Australia.

August 24th, 2016, 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Does that mean your signature link is now broken???

August 24th, 2016, 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

sde.invarti.com works fine but adding the www is problematic. I'll see about fixing that now.

August 24th, 2016, 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Iron Golem not available in compendium yet?

Aella13 Painting Guide

August 24th, 2016, 5:21 pm
Minion

It's on the way. An awesome member of these forums has promised to send me a good quality scan of the card. Once I have it I will update the site.

Oh and the link issue has been resolved. Both www.sde.invarti.com and sde.invarti.com now work as normal. The while DNS thing is just a bit slow to pickup changes but all good now.

August 24th, 2016, 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next