View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2018, 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 SDE Hero Compendium website - updated 17th Feb 
Mini-Boss

For now he can use the alternate profiles for FK models to play arcade. On Super Dungeon Wiki he can find some arcade cards for Old-Growth Hollow and Bramble Knights on their original profiles.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

February 16th, 2018, 2:10 pm
Denizen

INU wrote:
@Usagi, @InfinityMax

Seems obvious why the guy doesn't want to pay 125 $ for a set of cards. Of course it's discouraging to buy a big box (1 ed) and not being able to play with the rules you previously learned (FK). Without access to the upgrade pack, I would be asking for help to a community like this one too, wouldn't you?

No, sure, that's true. But 'I quit because you guys didn't get me what I wanted in the two week window I gave you' is kind of silly. I mean, he's got hundreds of dollars of SDE stuff that he's just liquidating (at a loss - you can't get full retail once you take off the shrink wrap) because he can't find something he doesn't actually need to play the game.

Neph's solution would work. There are alternates for everything, and they've been made publicly available.

February 16th, 2018, 4:36 pm
Ninja Corps

INU wrote:
@Usagi, @InfinityMax

Seems obvious why the guy doesn't want to pay 125 $ for a set of cards. Of course it's discouraging to buy a big box (1 ed) and not being able to play with the rules you previously learned (FK). Without access to the upgrade pack, I would be asking for help to a community like this one too, wouldn't you?

Nor would I want to pay that. But, where we clearly differ, and where my distaste comes in is, I also wouldn't believe myself still entitled to it. If what I specifically wanted wasn't in an online resource or something i could access freely (and with permission, but SPM is quite generous with that permission) then it would just have to be gone without. It's a tabletop game. It's basically the most unnecessary of the unnecessary. To think that you deserve something for free and demand/threaten/complain you aren't getting it handed to you is really selfish and entitled.

February 16th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Minion

InfinityMax wrote:

No, sure, that's true. But 'I quit because you guys didn't get me what I wanted in the two week window I gave you' is kind of silly. I mean, he's got hundreds of dollars of SDE stuff that he's just liquidating (at a loss - you can't get full retail once you take off the shrink wrap) because he can't find something he doesn't actually need to play the game.

Neph's solution would work. There are alternates for everything, and they've been made publicly available.[/quote]

Usagi wrote:
Nor would I want to pay that. But, where we clearly differ, and where my distaste comes in is, I also wouldn't believe myself still entitled to it. If what I specifically wanted wasn't in an online resource or something i could access freely (and with permission, but SPM is quite generous with that permission) then it would just have to be gone without. It's a tabletop game. It's basically the most unnecessary of the unnecessary. To think that you deserve something for free and demand/threaten/complain you aren't getting it handed to you is really selfish and entitled.

I think it's less about just the card availability and more about the vitrol he received when asking for help. Sure he didn't ask in the best way, but he's new to the game and with supporters dropping like flies, we should try and drum up as much support for the franchise as possible. After all, conduct varies from place to place, and what I've learned in life is that you can't hold people to your standards, it just makes people bitter... :<

February 16th, 2018, 8:20 pm
Minion

Yep, and the guy ended bashed by some people usually eager to point out how others are over-reacting and being negative... What a joke!

February 17th, 2018, 2:43 pm
Bottle Cap

Recently picked up all of the first edition hero/boss releases;

Kasaro To
Sebastian Cross
Princess Malya
One Shot
Kisa
Calico Kate

And I was hoping to get the scans from the index, but it appears to have been down for a while, and the upgrade decks aren't avalible. Is there anyone that could please provide me with said scans so I could print the cards out for use in the new edition? I would highly appreciate it!

February 21st, 2018, 1:40 am
Minion

GoldenAegis wrote:
Recently picked up all of the first edition hero/boss releases;

Kasaro To
Sebastian Cross
Princess Malya
One Shot
Kisa
Calico Kate

And I was hoping to get the scans from the index, but it appears to have been down for a while, and the upgrade decks aren't avalible. Is there anyone that could please provide me with said scans so I could print the cards out for use in the new edition? I would highly appreciate it!

Just been there to see if it works, and it does : http://sde.invarti.com/library

Maybe just a temporary problem? Anyway, everything is there ;)

February 21st, 2018, 7:40 pm
Bottle Cap

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Server seemed to bug out the past few days.

February 22nd, 2018, 1:43 am
Minion

Hello everyone,

The site was down due to my host server moving datacentre locations. The SDE Compendium is once again back online and accessible to the world.

Topher

Contributing to the Compendium:

February 22nd, 2018, 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Minion

With regards to this thread, please move the personal stuff and bickering about the game to another thread. It serves no purpose writing that kind of stuff here, and it kind of kills the enthusiasm within our little community to collaborate on cool things that support this fun game.

As for the SDE Compendium, I am progressing working on it and I would certainly not call it abandoned. However, between postgraduate university studies, full time work in upper management AND travelling around the country on project work, I am a little time poor. That was before my family expanded by 1, which any new parent will tell you turns the world into craaaaaazy land.

February 22nd, 2018, 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Congratulations on the new addition. As a parent I understand and sympathize with you about the craziness. Speaking for myself I have to say that I greatly appreciate everything that you have done on the compendium. I use it all the time to decide what heroes or monsters to play with in a game. It is much faster than digging through the different boxes I have for everything. I have also used it as a resource when deciding whether or not to buy certain heroes, spawnpoints, or bosses. Thank you for all your time and hard work.

February 22nd, 2018, 5:26 am
Minion

Topher wrote:
With regards to this thread, please move the personal stuff and bickering about the game to another thread. It serves no purpose writing that kind of stuff here, and it kind of kills the enthusiasm within our little community to collaborate on cool things that support this fun game.

As for the SDE Compendium, I am progressing working on it and I would certainly not call it abandoned. However, between postgraduate university studies, full time work in upper management AND travelling around the country on project work, I am a little time poor. That was before my family expanded by 1, which any new parent will tell you turns the world into craaaaaazy land.

Hey, congrats on the +1! It WILL be driving you nuts sometimes, even more so with the studies and the work and the FREAKIN' LACK OF GOOD SLEEP... We have 2, a 3yo and a 5yo preschooler. I swear, what they make us go through emotionally sometimes... I mean, if anyone else acted like THAT with me, I'd probably kill them with my bare hands, crazy smile on my face, and laughing madly. My kids? I just love 'em more. Go figure. Must be some evolution strategy thing.

Anyway, I too absolutely appreciate all the work that's been done on the compendium and I think, considering all the stuff the game has, that this big database should continue to exist and be supported by SPM, as it is THE best reference you can have to understand what's what (heroes, spawners, bosses, boxes, in print, out of print, may or may not print, etc.). A big thank you!

Long live SDE! 'cause you know, I wanna play that with my kids eventually :D

February 22nd, 2018, 3:08 pm
Denizen

haha, I am same way and waiting until baby is old enough to play SDE with.

February 22nd, 2018, 6:55 pm
Bottle Cap

Topher, I have quite a few scans of a bunch of cards. I understand you are busy, but I was wondering if there was a way I could help, without just sending you stuff.

I went to github, and read through a bunch of it. I just am not sure how to edit anything, or contribute to the site.

I would really love to talk if you have any time soon. Thanks for the hard work, and congratulations on having a child!

Facebook:
http://bit.ly/2E5EXct

Youtube:
http://bit.ly/2B9ygmG

Twitter:
http://bit.ly/2BFE3S6

Instagram:
http://bit.ly/2BFAI5w

February 22nd, 2018, 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Grats Topher! All I can say, is wait until they're 9 / 12 / 14 (like mine). We just played Rail Raiders this weekend, and have a full-family 5-person game of SDE Arcade about once per month... a family that games together... let's to curse that @#S!'ing debuff!

February 23rd, 2018, 4:19 am
Minion

tmnturner wrote:
Topher, I have quite a few scans of a bunch of cards. I understand you are busy, but I was wondering if there was a way I could help, without just sending you stuff.

I went to github, and read through a bunch of it. I just am not sure how to edit anything, or contribute to the site.

I would really love to talk if you have any time soon. Thanks for the hard work, and congratulations on having a child!

I'll send you a PM with my email address :)

February 27th, 2018, 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Thanks for the well wishes too guys. I need to ding a few more dad levels before I feel on top of it all. It's just banana's nuts right now hahaha

February 27th, 2018, 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Was able to get all the updated first edition model cards printed up, but just noticed that Kassaro To's arcade card wasn't on the website, (unless I'm terribly blind and missed the area!) Is his arcade card scan available?

March 14th, 2018, 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13