View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 23rd, 2019, 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 On the Card-Printing 
Bottle Cap

Since we do have the pdfs for the cards for SDE 2.0 and whatnot...how do you even start going about getting them printed out as cards?

I don't have a printer myself, and the color printers at my job are monitored.

I can print the pdfs at Staples, but I wouldn't mind having them as actual cards instead of sheets. But how much would that cost and how does one avoid the weird looks from the employees if I did?

February 9th, 2019, 2:52 am
Mini-Boss

@Wanderdown

Some folks are editing the PDFs to make compatible with card printer companies (I don't know how to do this and no one has shared what they've done afaik).

For me, I just printed the PDFs at staples on card stock, cut them out, and then sleeved them. You can glue them to card backs if you like or just sleeve them with another card to give them some weight/thickness. There's no 'hand' of cards in this game so you don't actually need them to be the best quality.

As for not having them look at you weird? If that's important, there are options/services to upload/order the prints digitally and you just show up to pick them up *or* you can have them shipped (I think staples ships when it's $50 or more). In my experience, they are usually professional and the only thing they may comment on is ask if it's copyrighted material and you can tell them it's the official print and play from their website that's free of charge.

I personally got them printed on card stock shipped b/c I printed Arcade, Pet Parade, and some cardstock sheets for the MMC and backpack. I did not print any classic or expansions. It was ~$50. Then I bought like $5-10 of penny sleeves.

So it's not cheap, but it gave me the option to keep playing/enjoying SDE since it's unclear if we'll ever see/get the KS rewards.

February 11th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Dungeon Boss

Definitely interested in files for Arcade and Pet Parade that are more printer friendly.

February 12th, 2019, 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I think Laurent from the KS comments was working on this.

Ravensnow on the SDE discord said she has used printer services like this, but I don't know if she's formatted the PDF cards to this format.

The biggest complaint I've heard from folks that have worked on these is that the PDFs are not quite high enough quality (seemed fine for me on cardstock) and there are minor errors on some of them (not sure if clerical, but didn't notice anything relevant for Arcade/Pet Parade).

February 13th, 2019, 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]