View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2018, 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

I'm just a bit stunned @Manicman doesn't just know all the NAS lore :).

s'ok - i'll look it up later on break - i only took a peek into the NAS manual for a potential tile conversion project and haven't read all the lore bits yet outside of the SDE NAS crossover posts.

Sun Empire didn't have alot of info around it and it could potentially be another source in the future, not that I think SDE really needs to go outside crystalia for content anytime soon.

August 3rd, 2018, 4:54 pm
Mini-Boss

^_^ no problem.

of course, there is mean to be a group of monks in Crystalia which seam based on the Chan Buddhist temple monks referred to as the 'Shaolin Monastery') from what little we have seen. Which, by the way, was a Temple which set up a kinda fighting skill refered to as 'Shaolin Kung Fu' when it was founded by the Buddhist monk Bodhidharma (who was an Indian Buddist master who came to china to spread the word of his religion to them). The name Shaolin, of course, refers to the Shaoshi mountain where it was set up (Shaolin Monastery's name basically translates to Monastery of the Shaoshi forest' but that's very rough.. my Japanese is FAR better then my Chinese (which is only a hand full of words) even though my Japanese is limited to very basic translation and a small bag of words and letters)..

Oh and yes, I love reading up and learning stuff.. Isn't that one of the main goals of life? By it's nature, life would be extremely short if you didn't learn from the mistakes (and triumphs) of the past. You touch something hot, you get burnt. you learn not to touch it again and that hot stuff can burn. Next time you come across something hot, you remember the past and use it. Over time, you tell others so they learn it without needing to burn themselves. once in a while, someone needs to check it to see if it's not changed, but that's fair enough.

anyway.. There has been a bit of... fuss in the past.. a lot of early version 1 stuff of SDE was it clearly set in a 'fake' world. Arcade machines in the ruins of dungeons, characters who had there own custom avatars, etc which don't sit as well in the more 'fantasy' world that gets created at time.. the only things in the last.. X years relating to the world being 'fake' is Randy and the Pixel Defence/Offense cards (with there huge annoying mistake... The Binary on both cards says the same thing.. that annoys me a little). Oh and screw the break stuff.. wait till you finish and get home ^_^ not like it can't wait.

================

August 3rd, 2018, 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

Hey guys! I've been away for quite some time; quite frankly having finally lost all hope and interest in playing... so yeah... :-/
I know they said they would tell us when stuff was happening, but it seems it's been very long time since we have had any actual updates. Too long for literally nothing to report?!
Cutting to the chase:

Does anybody know anything regarding production or delivery? Any rumors or even speculation?

How about the crossover minis for WotF and SotC? What is happening to them? Are they caught in the same nightmare as the core SDE models?

August 28th, 2018, 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

basically? if you agree with it or not (I won't go into that), they have decided they got into a mess with too much to deal with that lead to a problem becoming much bigger then it should be, so they have decided to tackle projects in the order of easiest/quickest to deal with first. At least the legends side of the SDE campaign is the biggest, and some minor stuff can still be done on lore and rule stuff, so that is being worked on while waiting for stuff to be sorted out and handled. When one project is working fine and getting done, then they can move to the next in list.

WotF and SotC have nothing to do with me so I have no clue ^_^

================

August 28th, 2018, 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

yay, goblin-king lives! :)

No production update since March. No official production updates. Unofficial updates on FB indicate that ND/SPM has SDL on hold until they fulfill their other KS (which are smaller and thus easier to fulfill). Supposedly SDL is in layout/edit, which is technically new (or maybe not), but nothing official has been shared. For all intents and purposes of communication on SDL production...nothing has progressed since last Fall when they pushed the go button and it didn't work (and potentially further back depending on what needs to be redone, e.g. white samples).

The usual rumor and speculation are rampant from the 'making minis is hard, be patient, it takes time, etc.' to 'they are liars/thieves, burn them' so you're not missing anything there.

Crossover WOTF minis are still in production (no reason given how/why that is/isn't being impacted by other resin production like Starfinder or SDE Masterclass, etc.) with no ETA (but I THINK the # John gave was ~75% completed...but of course until it's delivered, does it really count?).

SOTC are being produced by Mophidius. Mophidius's last update indicated they have the STL files from SPM (but they've had those for....quite some time) and they are approving tooling. No ETA on when those will be delivered, but their thought is after wave 1, maybe before wave 2, but they also haven't figured out shipping costs for Wave 1 either so /shrug.

WOTF is resin and not held up by SDE plastic production.

SOTC is being manufactured by Mophidius, but could plausibly use the same manufacturers/have competing slots, but is not in ND's hands.

August 28th, 2018, 5:55 pm
Denizen

I guess I should amend this.

Scott posted on the SDL comments:

Explorers,

I understand that you're disappointed, but let's try to keep this discussion polite. Regardless of how you feel about this campaign, or this company, we are not going to tolerate offensive behavior towards our employees or your fellow backers.

Regarding the website change, no action on your part is required to maintain your orders. To clarify, we have only discontinued the webstore; All orders are tracked via our shipping program, not the webstore they are placed through. We're not going to lose your information, and we're not going to disappear on you.

Moving on, we're refocusing on our Kickstarter campaings, including this ones. Super Dungeon Legends/2e is not on hold until the other Kickstarter campaigns are complete. Super Dungeon Legends/2e is only delayed until we can find an answer to our current manufacturing dilemma. There is no new information to share on this subject at this time, or we would gladly update you.

The Kickstarter by Future House is their own thing entirely. This is not an attempt to collect further funding for this campaign. Funding is not the issue.

If you have any questions about the website change, your order, your account, or this campaign, you are always welcome to contact us via email at info@sodapopminiatures.com. These emails go directly to me, and I will be more than happy to help you however I can.

-Scott

August 28th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Mini-Boss

ah, that's good update. I heard it wasn't on hold but was ranked which made it less of the current concern.. A bit annoying it seams like the last possible manufactory they were doing a deal with seamed to have fallen through but it was early days..

I did a quick check of the KS a couple of days ago and it seams some people were being a bit.. erm.. what's a polite term for thick?' about the whole webstore thing that was done 1 month, maybe 2 months ago..

as for the book deal, again that was common knowledge which some people didn't seam to pick up on but fair enough ^_^ good for an update on that.

================

August 28th, 2018, 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

well, i would've been one of the thick people before this year i'd only check in every couple of months if even that. And it wasn't publicized (like a notice sent to the existing SPM email about the transition) so it could seem very sketchy and/or not handled/communicated well.

um...regarding the book deal it's been repeated multiple times, but right, some folks will believe what they want to believe to reinforce their worldview and propagate it. I'm (hoping) FHP is heavy handed in dealing with trolls on their KS or it might get ugly quickly. At the same time, I would prefer them to promote the books with...info about the books and KS instead of minis. Although, to be fair, it'll likely be the minis that will bring in more of the $$$/interest.

August 28th, 2018, 6:43 pm
Mini-Boss

only thick if you were one of the ones moaning and claiming how it's such an evil move that shows how they have been liaring and this is part of that campaign of evil ^_^

but yeah, no offence and more information from them would have been nice, but it's sadly standard ¬_¬;

================

August 28th, 2018, 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

SotC chibis are cpming along. The last update mentioned them.

August 31st, 2018, 4:05 pm
Denizen

Re: SOTC, I'll believe it when I see them shipping out (and hopefully to me!). ND showed screens of the WOTF chibi's, but they're still working on production of them.

Also surprised that I dont think mophidius ever previewed the actual cards for those...but since it's not really for their product and it's not an ND KS, i guess I can understand. I just wonder if the first time we see those cards is when they show up. At least for the WOTF they announced they'd be alt sculpt heroes.

August 31st, 2018, 9:33 pm
Denizen

With Siege of the Citadels I only purchased heroes. I'm a little disappointed with the previous plan NOT including cards in just that package.

Regarding the second factory, I hope it's not Archon/Prodos. UniCast technology is fine, but the partner is slow in every area.

September 1st, 2018, 5:53 am
Minion

Well we have AQ: Riders shipping it's second wave in/by November, and Starcadia Quest funding on KS right now. Should we start placing bets on whether SQ completes fulfillment before we get an updated (and ultimately accurate) new timeline on this? :D

But really, it's weird realizing that it's been nearly six months since they admitted things were not as going as well as they been claiming and cut off refund requests. No production related updates on the KS page since. I really hope this doesn't become a big empty money pit, but it's hard to blame even some of the most negative people for saying it has at this point. Perhaps when they said an update would come after gencon, they meant 2019. :lol:

September 5th, 2018, 10:56 am
Mini-Boss

Personally, I would expect some form of update in the Q4 of this year, so October-November-December.. most likely November.. but this isn't based on anything grounded.

================

September 5th, 2018, 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Yeah. I imagine that if they don't provide some kid of concrete update by the end of the year, the last few remaining holdouts might really revolt on them. Fingers crossed for October I guess.

September 5th, 2018, 11:44 am
Mini-Boss

ah, but there's the rub... what is 'concrete'? If you like it or not, they have stated no timescales until it is confirmed and going ahead (or not saying things are happening until they HAVE happened), then what is there to give? I would say them just confirming the current state of affairs such as 'We have lined up production with a firm production window in sight but we aren't gonna to get your hopes up by telling you when this is, but it'll be within the X time, XX has been done, XXX is being tweaked on, XXXX is an Australian larger"

but is that concrete? to some, yes, to others, no..

================

September 5th, 2018, 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Minion

There is, also the case, of "We will only be providing concrete milestones once they have been achieved". We do not know what their 'milestones' are as in what they (SPM/ND) think what a milestone is. I guess we will find that out one day...
...in the mean time I am quite happy playing other games!

Lot's of Love and Happy Gaming!

September 19th, 2018, 10:51 pm
Mini-Boss

Right now, I think that NJ are trying to feel good about getting projects done, so they're prioritizing them weird- with things that are easier for them first (resin minis for Relic Knights and Starfinder).

John has said that the plan is to get all hands on deck for SDL fulfillment once they've got some of their other KS promises out of the way. That makes me think that they probably won't be able to get SDL going for a while (which is a shame, because I think that the Super Dungeon Arcade box would do really well for them).

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Re: SOTC, I'll believe it when I see them shipping out (and hopefully to me!). ND showed screens of the WOTF chibi's, but they're still working on production of them.

Also surprised that I dont think mophidius ever previewed the actual cards for those...but since it's not really for their product and it's not an ND KS, i guess I can understand. I just wonder if the first time we see those cards is when they show up. At least for the WOTF they announced they'd be alt sculpt heroes.

No, NJ hasn't shown off the cards for those at all, and I don't think Modiphius has even tried.

Honestly, that whole thing is probably a bit of a headache for both companies- they clearly don't communicate super well with one another (Modiphius promised to try and get a chibi bundle to backers- those backers thought that the bundle would lower the price to SDE warband levels (it didn't)

September 20th, 2018, 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Well we have AQ: Riders shipping it's second wave in/by November, and Starcadia Quest funding on KS right now. Should we start placing bets on whether SQ completes fulfillment before we get an updated (and ultimately accurate) new timeline on this? :D

AQ: Riders was the pre-orderiest KS campaign ever. There's no shame in losing to that timeline by an order of magnitude.

SQ may very well fulfill before SDL. Right now, CMON fans are freaking out about it because they're not sure that any of the non-exclusives will ever make it to retail (apparently, CMON have failed to have retail releases for some things in their last few games).

September 20th, 2018, 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

odinsgrandson wrote:
Right now, I think that NJ are trying to feel good about getting projects done, so they're prioritizing them weird- with things that are easier for them first (resin minis for Relic Knights and Starfinder).

John has said that the plan is to get all hands on deck for SDL fulfillment once they've got some of their other KS promises out of the way. That makes me think that they probably won't be able to get SDL going for a while (which is a shame, because I think that the Super Dungeon Arcade box would do really well for them).

pretty much as I see it (and what has been stated). Like I said before, like tons of companies and in recent memory, various banks around the world, decided to take bigger and bigger risks with more and more chances. If payed off well, then big pay off, if failed, then, well, they didn't expect THAT many to fail at the same time.. a few banks went under cause they took on too much at one go. SPM and ND felt things were going well, so they launched project, and while that was running, launched another, then another. All should go to plan, and that means good pay off. However, a couple of major factors went belly up, and it's caused a problem.. So they decide to save things, they have to deal with them in smaller chunks. get back up to fully production level slowly and steadily and try not to take such a risk in the future.

problem is, it's gonna create delay, and do some damage, again, banks are a good example (I could name a bunch more, but since they didn't have much global impact, and in some cases, very little impact outside one or two people) it wouldn't really matter. Time heal most wounds (doesn't heal a few scars I got ^_^)

odinsgrandson wrote:
Honestly, that whole thing is probably a bit of a headache for both companies- they clearly don't communicate super well with one another (Modiphius promised to try and get a chibi bundle to backers- those backers thought that the bundle would lower the price to SDE warband levels (it didn't)

erm.. I think I missed something here... from that statement, people 'Assumed' something which wasn't stated.. and from looking around, probably moaned that it didn't go the way they wanted?

================

September 20th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next