View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 11th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 187  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

why? they said due to some issues they won't be highly active right now, and there isn't any news of sorts worth them stating (since SOOO many people yelled for blood due to delays when they felt it would be ready for a set date and then something happened and they had to delay), they decided not to post that information until it's a lock. People are still upset but they'll be upset with 'false light' as much as with no news so.. nothing much can be done there.

Meanwhile due to a slight mistake (which happens but they dealt with it, despite some people claiming this was a nasty and evil and whatever, they have confirmed the resin figures are still being produced which.. we already knew and has nothing to do with SDKS anyway..

Oh and personally, I thought fluff was meanless information which doesn't impact the game at all? These updates, which not having any real information in terms of production, are giving some of the background lore and information which is kinda required for a decent roleplay session.. SDL can be played limited but still fairly well with the Demo gear. When playing RPG to get the best experience, you need to play a role. If you are playing as a thief, you shouldn't be running into every battle you see holding an ax above your head. sometimes you can do something a bit tricky like gaining a skill that wouldn't be expected like the thief has learnt a tiny bit of magic or something, but nothing too out of 'character'. Knowing the types of character and areas allow you to play the role. so while I would like some update on process of physical production, these don't seam to fit any term of 'fluff' I understand cause they are useful.. As for why you think it's them being hurtful... I don't know.. but if you feel that way, nothing I can do about it. you feel the way you feel.

================

June 14th, 2018, 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
Oh and personally, I thought fluff was meanless information which doesn't impact the game at all? These updates, which not having any real information in terms of production, are giving some of the background lore and information which is kinda required for a decent roleplay session..

How important playing a character as more than a bag of stats has always been an area of contention in RPGs. Fluff was the old school term for background and story, while crunch was the game mechanics. You can place whatever background you want onto the game mechanics and it won't change that you're playing D&D. How the rogue function is crunch, why he does what he does and how he fits into the world is fluff.

June 14th, 2018, 4:24 pm
Mini-Boss

never heard it in that context..
Kinda makes it pointless as a Role playing game if you don't play a role but only stats... that's less role playing and more.. just normal game playing.. One local group in college always played the fully blown RPGs, as in fully dressed up and everything. Latex is too warm for me..

================

June 14th, 2018, 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
One local group in college always played the fully blown RPGs, as in fully dressed up and everything. Latex is too warm for me..

What you're describing there is LARP'ing. As in "Live Action Role Play".
Which is... definitely a thing that exists. Yup.

ManicMan wrote:
fully dressed up and everything. Latex is too warm for me..

...or maybe somebody was enjoying their personal kink far too publicly.
College, man, it's a time for experimentation. But who am I to judge?

June 15th, 2018, 5:23 pm
Mini-Boss

nope.. one group did live action roleplaying not too far away, but I was talking about ones that played games like D&D but got into it fully by dressing up as there character as they sat around the table..

totally unrelated of course, but check out Snowgum films old short film 'Blood on the game dice'

college a time for experimentation? I guess American Colleges are different from UK ones.. I found it pretty dull, with limited people with one track minds and learnt a lot more outside of college at the same time, then I did inside.. I dress up a fair bit.. you would have to be Sussex born (or at least, long time lived her) based to really understand ^_^ Else I'm mostly just a nutter that walks up and down streets in public with chain mail with a doubled handed sword and a bag full of explosives ^_^

================

June 15th, 2018, 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

So, they dressed up in character... To sit at a table and roll dice?

I don't... I don't even have words to express my puzzlement. I just... Huh...

It seems so... Why would they go through the trouble of costuming and all that, just to sit at a table? I'm not a LARPer, but if you're going through the trouble it would make sense to really enjoy the effect. It's like restoring a '67 Mustang, literally just so that you can store it in the garage -never to drive it so much as an inch. @Manicman, you have effectively blown my mind.

Personally, I went to college much later, online. So my college experiences aren't much more interesting than terrible instructors and unstable domains. I didn't miss anything though, most of it is an indictment of how prudish most of us Americans are. You get a rewarding look when you tell someone their crazy kinky story was "cute" though, hahaha.

June 15th, 2018, 7:33 pm
Minion

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
So, they dressed up in character... To sit at a table and roll dice?

I don't... I don't even have words to express my puzzlement. I just... Huh...

I used to run a roleplay session where ONE guy used to dress up. I wasn't there to judge. Was pretty funny tho. It was Dark Heresy as awell and he was playing Tec-Priest. So he often got the tinfoil out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 16th, 2018, 9:32 am
Minion

Lol that's amazing.

June 16th, 2018, 11:45 am
Mini-Boss

There are Players and there are Gamers. A player plays a game, ad Gamer IS the game

================

June 16th, 2018, 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

ManicMan wrote:
Kinda makes it pointless as a Role playing game if you don't play a role but only stats...

sounds like you're describing 4th ed :P

June 16th, 2018, 2:07 pm
Denizen

ManicMan wrote:
nope.. one group did live action roleplaying not too far away, but I was talking about ones that played games like D&D but got into it fully by dressing up as there character as they sat around the table..

totally unrelated of course, but check out Snowgum films old short film 'Blood on the game dice'

college a time for experimentation? I guess American Colleges are different from UK ones.. I found it pretty dull, with limited people with one track minds and learnt a lot more outside of college at the same time, then I did inside.. I dress up a fair bit.. you would have to be Sussex born (or at least, long time lived her) based to really understand ^_^ Else I'm mostly just a nutter that walks up and down streets in public with chain mail with a doubled handed sword and a bag full of explosives ^_^

OK, two things.

One, apparently the difference is rather striking, because my college was bedlam. My life will probably never be that packed with hilarity, ever again. Midnight trips to Beverly Hills. Auditioning for dating shows. Sunrise dates. Unplanned (and ill-advised) backpacking trips in rented cars that ended in police reports. As far as I can tell, if college isn't madcap hijinks, you're doing it wrong.

Two, yes, if you walk down the street in medieval garb carrying deadly weapons and explosives, then that is mental. Also, I would not try to do that in the US. There's a non-zero chance the cops will invite you to stay with them for a while, and if they find the bombs (or fireworks, or whatever), it could be an extended stay. We're a touch paranoid these days.

June 16th, 2018, 3:44 pm
Mini-Boss

yep.. American college is completely different to UK.. I wanna make a comment about we learn stuff but... most of the people I was there with were idiots so.. and like I said, I learnt more outside

for the second case: not the best of years and some costumes are getting very lazy these days, but this is .. one of the times about going down the street.. I didn't say medieval.. as it's not really historical correct ^_^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruklDBuiaes
that's someones recording of part of one of the event processions.. we do other things during the day as well at different times. again, kinda have to be sussex based to fully understand.. and it's a lot tamer these days.. not really any of the fireworks in that clip.

================

June 16th, 2018, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
not the best of years and some costumes are getting very lazy these days, but this is .. one of the times about going down the street.. I didn't say medieval.. as it's not really historical correct ^_^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruklDBuiaes
that's someones recording of part of one of the event processions.. we do other things during the day as well at different times. again, kinda have to be sussex based to fully understand.. and it's a lot tamer these days.. not really any of the fireworks in that clip.

June 21st, 2018, 10:53 am
Mini-Boss

@Manicman - is this what it's about?

Flaming Passions UK telegraph 2005

June 21st, 2018, 2:32 pm
Mini-Boss

partly, yes ^_^ though that article has a number of mistakes... like most which are focus on Lewis (which claims to be the oldest, but isn't, and isn't the biggest or anything.. they are just the captail city of East Sussex so they like to act big).

like I said, it's a old English thing which is mostly focused in sussex these days..

================

June 21st, 2018, 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

It's pretty intense compared to the parades we have around here (Wisconsin). I don't quite get parades myself, not having really grown up in a community/city that really focused on them beyond maybe at theme parks or something you watch on TV during holidays, but my wife (from here) grew up with expecting parades around most major holidays.

June 21st, 2018, 4:29 pm
Mini-Boss

while we still have fireworks in the street, they are much more tame these days.. OF course, one of the main things we do, other then put on a good event, is use it to raise money for local charities and good causes ^_^ and cause it's fun. !SODA! hard work through.

================

June 21st, 2018, 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Just want to point out that Sussex is weird..............I think that's as much I want to put *ducks under the cover to make sure no one's watching that I'm from Essex* :?

So anyway, if I'm not mistaken the next, true, proper update is after Gen Con...well that is what is going around anyway...but does anyone remember that SPM said (in one update) 'SDE will be delivering after everything else in the other Kickstarters'?

So Rail Raiders Infinite is done, Way of the Fighter is done and it looks like Relic Knights are 'rapping up' in production for printing so that means that SDE wave 1 + 2 should be going to a factory (when they find one). Speaking of factories, it very well could make some sense for the next, true, 'update' to be after Gen Con as it takes time to make sure that the copies are good.

I also wanted to make another note that maybe wave 1 and 2, without Legends, are going to be just wave 1 and that just Legends will be wave 2 (combining wave 1 classic and wave 2 arcade with extras might be a good idea).

It's just my thought. Oh well...
Lot's of Love and Happy Gaming.

June 21st, 2018, 6:52 pm
Mini-Boss

^_^

I think there was something but I can't quite remember where.. wouldn't be surprising. they lined stuff up and booked the spaces with a manufacture, something happened that lead to a delay, so they carry on with either able to get the manufacture to swap around products (so for example, SDE not ready.. can we bring RRI forward and then do SDE), OR (depending on manufacture) they kinda forfeited that space, so the next space is booked as RRI so in order to get a free slot for SDE, it needs to go to the bottom of the list. Both options are valid and happen.. kinda the problem is we don't know which is the case. or a third (or fourth) option)

================

June 21st, 2018, 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

We can pretty firmly infer, based on the numerous other Kickstarter creators who have been far more transparent with their projects, that if you approached a factory looking for a production slot today, you wouldn't have to wait 12 months for them to get started. And you'd likely have a slot locked in within 1-2 months, even with time allotted for test prints, etc.

It has supposedly been said to another backer in a non-public conversation with the backer and an SPM employee (can't recall if it was a regular ninja or Mr. Cadice himself) that we would get news after this gencon. The tone of the comment though, didn't instill much faith in me to hold my breath.... "After" this gencon could be a day, a week, a month, or hell let's say a decade. Really, any time once the event has passed is still after. Maybe this is their way of making sure they don't miss dates anymore -set innocuous ranged timespans that have a starting point, but which go on forever. You're never late, so long as forever hasn't ended. ^_^

I'd love to hear something after gencon (as in sooner after, rather than much later). Then again, the last few times we've gotten news it hasn't been of the 'good' variety, so there's that. I'm making a concerted effort to be less negative, but it's also pretty difficult for me to be all too enthusiastic either.

June 21st, 2018, 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 187  Next