View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 181  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

anyone want to play 20 questions Crystalia? I'll go first..

I'm thinking of something from Crystalia.. you have 20 questions in total to figure out what.. who wants to try question one?

================

May 25th, 2018, 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

@Holy Cross - the question is when will WE find out about the date ;). I'm not sure if SPM would tell us what's going on until we get tracking #'s!

May 25th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Denizen

sleepy_laughter wrote:
@Holy Cross - the question is when will WE find out about the date ;). I'm not sure if SPM would tell us what's going on until we get tracking #'s!

I would ....hope... they tell us something in June/July.... :)

May 25th, 2018, 5:27 pm
Denizen

We'll start getting lore updates about Ark and Asche in June/July ;)

May 25th, 2018, 6:57 pm
Denizen

sleepy_laughter wrote:
We'll start getting lore updates about Ark and Asche in June/July ;)

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!? NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!v v :cry: :cry: :cry:

May 26th, 2018, 12:07 am
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:
WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!? NUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!v v :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't worry too much about it Holy Cross -as long as we're getting updates that are even adjacent to relevance to the fiction we're probably good.

If they start releasing lore updates about Deodric's continuing struggles to negotiate with gnomish manufacturing facilities, in an effort to secure mass production for the kingdom... Then I'll start worrying.

May 26th, 2018, 4:34 am
Bottle Cap

Please, just let tomorrow's update not be a Lore update. I can't feel reassured any more.

May 29th, 2018, 12:34 pm
Mini-Boss

how does it really matter what the update is? okay, it would be nice to have some form of 'where are we at right now' but.. I don't see it as any deal breaker

================

May 29th, 2018, 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I think the problem (which they're probably well aware of) is that they've already shown us molds, whiteboxes, and proofs. That's about as close to actual production as you can get. At this point anything they say or show is going to be met with a variety of skepticisms, ranging from lack of confidence to some people probably outright calling them liars. It's an ugly situation right now, and the last few production related updates don't seem like they were "good news" by any means, so the idea of an actual production update makes me cringe a little bit.

I think the only thing that would make most people happy are photos showing hundreds of boxes being filled on an assembly line and even more being stacked onto palettes for shipment. Until then... Lore updates abound.

May 29th, 2018, 1:56 pm
Mini-Boss

yep. and I think it's a bit too early to show them pictures, even if the factory were being helpful enough to give them (they don't always).

I think, with the office move with john Candice stated was a office move, not just one or two people, is that the only real stuff they can give production wise is a firm statement IF physical production of Core 2 is being made right now at factory 1, or physical production of the rest of wave 1 is being done at a now confirmed factory 2. but like you said, without photo proof, people will claim lying etc. I still kinda side behind the fact that I haven't seen them outright lie. Statements which are untrue yes, but if they (the person that made the statement) didn't know it was untrue, it's not a lie. I've seen promises which they have tried to keep fail, etc.. but no outright lies.. but I might be mistaken.

anyone remember the old saying "No news is good news"?... never figured out if it meant that lack of news was good, or if it mean that there was no such thing as good news...

================

May 29th, 2018, 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

ManicMan wrote:
yep. and I think it's a bit too early to show them pictures, even if the factory were being helpful enough to give them (they don't always).

I think, with the office move with john Candice stated was a office move, not just one or two people, is that the only real stuff they can give production wise is a firm statement IF physical production of Core 2 is being made right now at factory 1, or physical production of the rest of wave 1 is being done at a now confirmed factory 2. but like you said, without photo proof, people will claim lying etc. I still kinda side behind the fact that I haven't seen them outright lie. Statements which are untrue yes, but if they (the person that made the statement) didn't know it was untrue, it's not a lie. I've seen promises which they have tried to keep fail, etc.. but no outright lies.. but I might be mistaken.

anyone remember the old saying "No news is good news"?... never figured out if it meant that lack of news was good, or if it mean that there was no such thing as good news...

I agree with you on this. I haven’t seen SPM outright lie either. Massive delays coupled with poor communication isn’t a great way to maintain business-customer relationships, but I’m not aware of having been lied to.

May 29th, 2018, 2:59 pm
Denizen

Has anyone thought about the fact that even if they get the new Core SDE produced and shipped it is just going to start a firestorm all over again, when a lot of backers realize they backed a Kickstarter for Legends, and thus far after all the delays all that came out was the core game that many backers probably aren't getting?

May 29th, 2018, 10:07 pm
Mini-Boss

oh yes. people will notice that they didn't pay the slightest bit of attention to anything said and will kick and scream. As a Dark Consul backer, I get the lease out of Wave 1 then a lot of backers (no Core boxset). I think most people are getting the Core Set for one reason or another through.. and I doubt the 'firestorm' has ended yet anyway..

================

May 29th, 2018, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

No, sadly the firestorm is still raging. I started as a Dark Consul backer and then at some point upped it to include the new set. That is what got me thinking about the fact that people with those pledges may not see anything at all come in wave 1....

I keep wandering in here and keeping an eye on things, I was annoyed before. Now I just have a certain level of apprehension that I think most of us share...will we get anything or did we lose our money? Time will tell.

May 29th, 2018, 10:16 pm
Mini-Boss

In wave 1, everyone should get something cause even if you don't get the Core, you will get the warbands.

I don't think there is any problem really.. delays but get a product in the end.

================

May 29th, 2018, 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

@Azureknight - wooooow. I did not consider that. I think I will need more popcorn. And marshmallows/chocolate/graham crackers to make smores!

Manicman's right, though, everyone that backed higher than digital only should be getting some minis due to the free stretch goal warbands. I'm sure there'll be folks that are confused everything's not in the first shipment/Wave 1.

May 29th, 2018, 11:30 pm
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:

I don't think they'd lie to us. But it's not good enough for me; I feel like the backers are being talked around, now. At least the KS comments page has SPM people come in and talk to them.

May 30th, 2018, 1:09 am
Ninja Corps

It would have made the wait so much more bearable if they would have at least released the Frostbyte Reach stuff in the meantime, instead of trickling out these overpriced resin models (they're nice, but upwards of $80-90 with taxes and S&H to Canada, ridiculous).

I see a lot of the preorder pages for Frostbyte Reach don't even exist anymore. I heard they are waiting until after Legends is done to send Frostbyte stuff into production, so likely another year or two away from now (I can't see 2.0/Legends being done in time for Christmas).

My goodness. Time to just forget about Legends for awhile and I'll check back in 6 months like I did last time (not expecting any good news next time either)

June 3rd, 2018, 3:06 am
Mini-Boss

okay, right, can't do. Stuff like the Frostbyte Reach level set was only for pre-order on third party sites, It's plastic so it would be delaying legends for a start cause if they are waiting for the slots or whatever for the Legends figures (other slots for other series have probably been set up before hand (you normally order the slot ahead of time).

In order for them to do the plastic set while/before Legends, it would mean they need to either go with a completely new company AND delay legends KS OR go the resin, and for a level set, really pricey route. not an option there.

calm down and sit back does work well. Right now, it looks like the KS crowd want to get the British fans to lynch a poor group of mostly volunteers at a UK convention.. or maybe that one just went.. sigh.. I hate to say it but if they were Football fans, they probably would be that uncivilised..

================

June 3rd, 2018, 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Re-reading the KS page, it doesn’t look like anyone is suggesting violence - just going and asking questions that should have been answered publically before now. People seem to acknowledge that the volunteers don’t know anything but John C is there in person showing off their new game.

Asking him questions in a public place, surrounded by an audience he wants to impress, would mean he can’t ignore it or pretend their internet isn’t working.

People are upset and want answers. That’s all. Some questions answered, that can’t be ignored - doesn’t seem so bad...

Hell, people have done a lot worse when someone has stolen $300+ from them ...

June 4th, 2018, 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 181  Next