View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 19th, 2018, 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 180  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
Dark Celestial's are stated to have pale skin but I can't remember where that was stated.. i'll have to check.. probably herald.. card.. though there wings are stated to fall then they changed. or it could just be in the whole "skin turned as hard and stoney as
their hearts." as pale is kinda stoney ^_^.

the imp cards do KINDA show a minor change.. Originally, little was really stated on full demons and it was stated in the explorers handbook: "most believe that they were born of the dark Consul and are the twisted product of the nether Rifts of the Dark Realm. If this is the case, then the Dark Consul did not create a race that is wholly given to evil"..."true, many of these individuals cater to the rougher elements of Crystalia". okay probably better to do the full quote but that'll do for now ^_^ the Imps card seams to confirm what most believe while saying they are nastier.. kinda making them 'evil' by default.. so the Destroyer is probably right when he says the Rifling's have been corrupted. They have for them to be nicer people..

OH and for some reason, Succubi are classed as Demons not undead as Vandella (mostly the generic hero version back text) says about Demons.. both the Mini-boss and Hero are clearly marked Demon though (Vandella is a Demon Mini-boss, Outcast Succubus is a Demon Hero). Maybe a Vampire that turned into a demon.. but that would make them a Riftling, which they aren't..

Where did it ever say that Vandella is Undead? Plus, haven't succubi ALWAYS been traditionally been demons? The only vampiric trait they have is just draining the life force out of victims, and even then, I don't think it's everbeen through blood- sucking, albiet a few choice fantasy games like Seiken Densetsu...

May 14th, 2018, 12:57 am
Denizen

I’m used to succubus being demons too but I know some folks consider them vampires due to their control abilities and often bat related features.

For SDE I don’t think this is the case.

May 14th, 2018, 1:22 am
Denizen

Succubi in fokelore are demons. According to the lore they would seduce men in their sleep. According to old Hebrew texts Lilith, Adam’s first wife, was the first Succubus.

I think Morrigan from Dark Stalkers helped popularize the vampiric look, although she was still a demon. She did star opposite Dimitri, a vampire (and Nephastus’ avatar). She also had a sister named Lilith, tying her into the old Hebrew texts.

May 14th, 2018, 1:39 am
Mini-Boss

I didn't say it said she was undead. depending on Folklore you go by, Succubi and Incubi are sex demons or sex vampires (Vampires drinking blood is kinda part of some folklore but there is WAY more to them then that.. ability to control lesser animals like wolfs, turn into mist, hypnotise people with there charm etc).. I don't know if I would count Jewish text as folklore (the whole Adam had 2 wives bit).. though they do have a number of bits of vampirisms cause both drain some form of life form (blood/semen), cannot reproduce themselves, enchant there victims etc.

they have been seen as kinda a 'type' of vampire demon since before DarkStalkers.. Dimitri, a vampire, is also a Demon in it anyway.. Oh and Lillth isn't Morrigan's sister.. she is part of Morrigan that was sealed away but took on a form of itself and wanted to rejoin with Morrigan (I'm a fan of the Vampire/DarkStalkers range.. shame about what the Americans did to it with that cartoon and comic... oh well) not that there has really been a game since Vampire Savoir 2..

================

May 14th, 2018, 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Oh, speaking of waiting: quick look at current status as it appears to be for the campaign ^_^;

Texts: this is all the writing, rule books, cards etc... Everything is done but Legends is still having some work done. Mostly with internal tweaking and campaigns it seams. [Stated by Ninja Scott on KS comments]
Model design: All models are designed fully. 3D and manual (probably to be scanned or sent to factory) have been completed some time back and they have shown what they look like [Stated in regular KS post]
Art Assets: All art assets appear and stated to be completed [stated in a few places on the KS]
Phyiscal Manufactoring: This is where we hit the bummer.. something unstated happened during manufactor. Was it SPM side? was it the factory? no clue.. I know some things in china are happening (kinda similar to the UK where some things that are 'this is what you should be doing, but it's not law so you don't have to' have become 'this is now law in a year or so's time' which became 'this is now the time.. why are you all panicking since you had over a years notice of this!'.. so it had lead to some delays and problems with some factory groups in china). Personally, I think the problems is a mixture of the two factors but we don't have much to go on.. anyway.. To help speed up some stuff, the main core box set was to be moved to a new factory while the first lot of extras (warbands etc) were still with the old one. SPM has stated (via Ninja Scott) they are moving to a new location, so an office change is always gonna be a tiny bit messed up.

now the main thing that seams... odd or interesting is Ninja Scotts comment about the plastics..
"We still plan on making plastics, we just don't have manufacturing lined up for them at this time. When we have the plastic models from this campaign moving along I'm certain that we will review this issue." Now, that is in relation to boosters due to the resin line also being made now. so that doesn't say, persay, that they don't have a factory that can produce the plastic figures for SD.. however, it seams a bit.. well, Single pack resins and plastics are quicker to get done then muitl-batchs like warbands. They want to keep a steady stream of new stuff coming out, even more so with the current delays. So as the resins are quicker to produce, they are doing it that way. If they wanted to release them as plastic? well, technically, the factory(s) they deal with are tied up with the campaign stuff so can't really deal with quicker release boosters right now.. so it could be just referring to it like that.. however, it's possible the 'other factory' hasn't been found right now.. or something is up..

now, while I would like to know what is going on, any decent company knows there are some details of a business, more so when it's active agreements, you can't talk about. In the UK, there is a fair bit of fuss, often with the labour party for some reason, but all the buggers do it, where some idiot involved in a trade negotiation thinks it's for the public good (or more often, there own personal good) to release information on what is being talked about etc, while the deal is being worked out.. this isn't on. It often leads to brake downs in negotiations etc. in fact, there are rules and laws about this but oh well.. If SPM is having some problem with a factory in china, there are some legal and ethical reasons why they probably can't say too much on that front. and why 'leaks' are often quite bad..

anyone that has done such negotiations know you go in with a list of what you want, they have a list of what they want, and you try to find a middle ground.. often best to go with MORE then what you want (for example, if you want a pay rise, try to give them a figure which is HIGHER then you really want, they will either not want to give you one, or want to give you a smaller one, and you can often get them to think they have won by knocking it down a fair bit, but that fair bit is infact the over the top markup you added above what you really wanted. (example.. say you want a 40% pay raise, but you really only want or expect a 10%. often with good negotiation, they will get it knock downed to 20%.. which is half what you asked for, so they are happy, but its twice what you really expected/wanted, so you are happy. and everyone is happy ^_^)

by the way, this also works great for eBay 'make me an offer' or anything like that. Bootsales if you want.. of course, they go in it with the same view point.. they want to make you take 5% but they are willing and happy to allow 20% or so, that way they will also lowball you but expect to go up. again, see eBay. you want to sell an item, you list it at set price 'or make me an offer', someone offers half the price, you are willing to accept 3/4ths, you make a deal, both sides are happy.

================

May 14th, 2018, 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
ManicMan wrote:
this is a pretty fun topic but I think maybe a bit too off topic now..

Well... This is the Legends "update" thread... Gotta kill time with something! :lol:

We're creating new and exciting Legends© while we eagerly waiting for the new ones that SPM/ND will eventually bring us. That's a positive thing, right? I mean, it's better than me asking dubious questions, or a myriad of other folks coming to complain and then disappear. I'm putting it in the "good things" checkbox.

Back to the office/on topic -I do find it fascinating that so much of what is widely accepted about "angels" isn't actually from any historical holy texts. Conversely, if you asked someone to describe an angelic 'throne' I think it's safe to say that MOST people would try to describe a pretty white and/or gold chair that angels sit in, lol.

But yes, I do think that it could be an interesting run. Perhaps 'working' for the celestials or angels, going through several scenarios, and eventually being betrayed and learning that perhaps in their own way the ones you're working for are just as bad -I've seen the idea of a "holy purging of all the unworthy" twist being interesting. Perhaps after taking out the biggest 'evil' types that you can face, you realize that in a way they were the only thing holding back such an event.

Also, where do y'all think the resin Mistress Cavity fits into all this? I mean, it feels like she might have a hidden angle where she's actually in league with an alliance of dental professionals who need more cavities to fill, and that of course, places her firmly in the evil camp, or does it?

May 14th, 2018, 1:03 pm
Mini-Boss

.. I wanna cry.. I wrote a nice long-ish post about light and dark and the goddess and everything.. clicked posted and got a page can not be displayed message... and I lost it all..

sigh...

================

May 14th, 2018, 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
.. I wanna cry.. I wrote a nice long-ish post about light and dark and the goddess and everything.. clicked posted and got a page can not be displayed message... and I lost it all..

sigh...

I feel your loss. That has happened to me on many occasions and on multiple sites. Now, before I send, I copy the message/post (highlight, right-click and copy) so I know I will never again be annoyed or upset again.

Useful tip of the day.

Lot's of Love and Happy Gaming.

May 14th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Denizen

Same. Or I write it in gmail or notepad (something less privy to the whims of the internets or at least has caching!)

May 14th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Mini-Boss

yeah.. I know.. but if you do that every single time, it's a real pain ^_^; lets try writing something probably smaller but the same kinda thing:

personally, I don't like all this 'every hero is a anti-hero' stuff.. it was old hat in the 80s and it's just really tired now.. Oh the true good are really evil! can be interesting but it's done to death and used to ruin soo many things cause they think it makes old stuff more 'mature'.. Okay, real life has a lot of grey, but this is FANTASY!

As stated in the Explorer handbook, The Goddess is the ultimate good! the Dark realm is the ultimate evil. now lets look at things and how they get kinda confusing and really into classic fantasy..

Crystalia appears to just be a landmass in the middle of a unnamed sea on an unnamed world. Its basically a single kingdom yet there are shown to be minor princes/princesses etc there as well. Lore claims there was first only the Goddess. she then created Crystalia and the seas and the realms. She is the ultimate good. She created the Deeproot Tree and her tower in the heart of the land.

However, there an ultimate evil in a parallel realm, the dark realm.. (here, the lore is a bit.. well, tiny bit of bad writing.. "The nature of the universe is one of absolute balance".. yep, so for the ultimate good, there is the ultimate evil.. but the very next line "This balance is more powerful than all the peoples of Crystalia- greater than the Goddess herself".. so it's not absolute balance as one side is greater then the other.. okay..) The Dark realm appears very much like Crystalia but a dark twisted version. Over time, a few 'holes' appears which connected the two realms as the evil from the Dark Realm tried to break through and corrupt the good lands.

The Dwarves claim to be the first race created by the Goddess, but the Celestials say they are and they predate the Temple of light, which is the centre of worship for the Goddess.

one day, a Celestin consul and sorcerer was searching the Arcadian Empire's capital when he and his minions found a huge portal to the Dark realm, and it completely corrupted him into the Dark Consul with his powerful sword, the midnight blade.

In battle with the Goddess in the Goddess Tower, he seams to defeat her as the land around the Goddess tower fell into the nether rift, the largest portal to the dark realm. however, while the Dark consul was banished to the Dark realm, unable to directly return to Crystal, the Goddess disappeared. Portals to the dark realm, known as 'Spawning points' appeared and could be created by the Dark Consul's generals, and the people of Crystalia were spilt into there own kingdoms. All but the Humans, who kept being united under one ruler, which lead to the First King.

When the Dark consul arose, he seamed to turn against his former race and almost wiped out the Celestials, who were unused to war. most of their floating lands fell, ones which turned to the Dark consul, lost there wings and the hearts turned to stone and became the Dark Celestials.

However, for some reason, some of the evil demons from the Dark realms, gave up part of there demon self in order to be able to stay for a long period of time in Crystalia. These Rifting demons seam to become corrupted and some turn to the light and become Heroes. Showing that Evil corruption isn't the one form as the Goddess's influence still stands.

in such a fantasy world, I can't see it turning out that the Celestials might infact be evil etc.. I can see the point of view but as I said, not only is that old hat, but doesn't fit the classic fantasy world. what is increasing, I wonder who were the ones working under the Consul when they found the first portal.. the Celestials that became the giant dark Celestials?

================

May 14th, 2018, 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I agree, not every story 'needs' a 'good' being is actually the antagonist or their goals don't align with the PC party or they are only using the PC party as pawns, etc. BUT, this trope is popular b/c there are many ways to riff it and there is a huge grey area. Is the 'good' being sympathetic? Are they misguided? Are they true evil? etc.

I do like the concept of the Riftlings being 'corrupted' by the light and thus being able to stay on the Crystalia side of the rifts.

Of course, good and evil for Celestials are the only race, I think, that has a clear physical change with Dark Celestials. But for Lord Vulcanis, his lore does indicate that he did not like peace to start with, but didn't fall until after the Dark Consul, I guess, gave him the opportunity to do so. Would 'falling' just be entering the nether rift and becoming corrupted? Or something specific? We don't know yet.

And weren't Freyjans originally from the Rifts, too? Does that make them evil? I think this lore is probably in the FK explorer handbook or somewhere I don't have handy. I mean, good and evil are moral constructs, right? I prefer to think of the Goddess and Dark Realm as Light vs. Dark with grey areas and potential for good/evil in between.

And don't forget that not every adventure/campaign has to be about good vs. evil or light vs. dark. Sometimes it's just about finding the right ingredients for a sandwich or winning a bardic competition (Crystalian Idol), etc.

I mean, from my end, the Dark Consul's backstory/motivations, etc. are not necessarily clear. He CAN just be pure evil and represent challenges and monsters the heroes can knock out without moral compunction. Or his agents in the field that the heroes interact with may not end up being wholly devoted to him and his purpose. The same goes with followers of the Goddess or agents of the King.

For 'pure evil', to me, Monach Tvar's back story (and he has his own Broken Horn adventure!) with murdering his sister and causing the destruction of his civilization while bringing dragons to terrorize the world - yeah, that to me is more white/black evil.

May 14th, 2018, 5:18 pm
Mini-Boss

Ah, as for Vulcanis, yes, he fell before the dark consul, (who was a celestial consul that found a rift) but who says that was the FIRST rift? it was just a major thing that created such a big embodiment of evil. Plus, he wasn't serving the Goddess. he felt away from the followings of the Goddess.

For Freyjan.. nope.. doesn't say they were from the Dark Realm.. says they are from the deep snows of the frostbite reach, they were once counted among the Dark Consul's minions and fought a lot of wars against the dwarves. but then a Monk visited them and taught them about the Goddess, and they decided to stop serving the Dark consul and serve the goddess. some then moved on pilgrimages and settles in the Arcadian deserts.

Monach Tvar was corrupted by the Dark consul, it says on his card. so again, like when the Dark consul was corrupted himself, he turned against his own race.

we don't know if falling is just entering the rift to become corrupted.. a lot of characters were corrupted by the dark consul without going into the rift.

I was more talking about the Goddess being ultimate good. A lot of stuff shows her followers are good, the ones that aren't become the bad guys more then people thinking 'there view of the Goddess' is right verses other peoples views.. In a way, it's the standard fantasy again.. it's not a religion in so much as its, it's a fact of life. The Goddess created the world, you can either follows her views, just choose to ignore them, or actively fight against them.

================

May 14th, 2018, 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I think this concept is so fascinating, because sometimes the scariest villains are the ones who genuinely believe they're the "good guys". There's something so much more terrifying about someone acting on genuine moral conviction to do the thing they think they know is right... When anyone else can clearly see that their sense of right and wrong has become warped.

When you combine that with the more extreme idealized elements of good and evil, it's the almost knee jerk twist that makes that so enticing.

Granted, it doesn't work for everything, and it can be overdone, but there have definitely been some interesting and entertaining characters done this way -both as antagonists and protagonists. Rorschach (Watchmen) has a severely warped sense of justice that leads him to some unspeakable acts, and yet he is often considered a "good guy" by many. Many stories also use a "good" character who has fallen from Greece in a sense... Sometimes known right away, sometimes only discovered later after much buildup has occurred. I think that the idea of villains who were or seem in some ways like 'good' people appeal to a certain conflict that many can appreciate.

Then again, sometimes it's also fun to play a game as a bit of a bad guy just for the heck of it. It's nice to have a variety of stories and perspectives methinks. Though the toughest sometimes, can be to write a truly compelling storyline that doesn't necessarily need you or other characters to be good/bad, just opposing... Unfortunately making that sort of thing really intriguing is easier said than done.

May 14th, 2018, 11:45 pm
Mini-Boss

problem with watchmen, and I kinda don't want to get into it, was it was nothing new but people think it was ¬_¬ also.. Alan Moore could be a good writer but ... well, he wanted to use other peoples characters and screw them up badly.. fair enough, but then he goes on huge rants and moans if other people use his..

sometimes, the whole 'interesting reasons for being evil' can be interesting.. in classic Doctor who (I don't bother with this new warped stuff), the character of 'The Master' believed the universe would truly be better under his rule. It wasn't about power or taking over stuff, he truly believed that cause he was so smart (in fact, he was smarter then the doctor) that he knew what was best for the universe. That kinda character has been used a fair bit though.. most of Doctor Doom (in Marvel's Fantastic Four comic) he was not happy with others but he has his own kingdom where there was peace and pretty much no crime.. however, it was because even the smallest crime was something you were sentence to death for. Lets not forget the classic 'peace through tyranny".

Personally, I think it's pretty easy to write stories about two sides fighting without being good vs evil. In fact, SD lore already gives some of that already. Rifling demons which have decided to become heroes against the evil of the Dark Consul, are often a bit rougher around the edges, at least at first, and are often distrusted. Also, in the upcoming 'Royal Guards', as it says, what is a more peaceful band of monsters live in the area, then the Heroes come and say "Look, Monsters! Lets kill them!" so the Guards need to interfere to stop them and protect the weak.

I just find that most (if not all the time) people like to force the view of the Spanish Inquisition they are trying to be 'mature' and it's just soo over done.. hell, the inquisition was about the late 1400s to the early 1800s.. pretty old hat there..

================

May 15th, 2018, 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
problem with watchmen, and I kinda don't want to get into it, was it was nothing new but people think it was ¬_¬ also.. Alan Moore could be a good writer but ... well, he wanted to use other peoples characters and screw them up badly.. fair enough, but then he goes on huge rants and moans if other people use his..

I personally subscribe to the belief that "there's nothing new under the sun", which is to say that we've been on this earth for QUITE some time now, and there are a lot of us. It's safe to say that at a high level view, everything we can conceive of, we have. In many ways, the best thing we can do, is to acknowledge that, and simply try to do a new twist/take/view on something that's been done to death. That's where Watchmen succeeded. I don't know of another work that so darkly explored the psychological effects of superheroism and the associated abilities and/or idolization that comes with it, at least not before it was published. Hell, the publishing house he went through was known for letting creators go further into severe content than most at the time, and even they made him pull back a couple story elements that were too much for them, things that the publishers were confident hadn't been done before, which it was too soon to do.

ManicMan wrote:
Personally, I think it's pretty easy to write stories about two sides fighting without being good vs evil.

There's a subtle but important distinction here -I said it's difficult to write a compelling storyline without needing a good vs evil element. In the 'Royal Guards' example, you're ultimately back to good vs bad. The heroes in that description have clearly overstepped their grounds, and the guards have to step in to protect those too weak or passive to defend themselves... Sounds pretty squarely in the "good guy/bad guy" territory to me, haha.

It's difficult to write something truly interesting, especially for an ongoing story, on which the audience doesn't necessarily see the protagonists or antagonists as being any better than the other in a good/bad sense. One example I sometimes refer to of this being done well was a movie called "Changing Lanes". Both the main characters in that movie do wrong to each other. One can argue over who started it, or which of their actions most justified the levels to which it went, but at the end of the day neither character was 'good' by comparison to the other. In fact, they had both sunk to the most despicable levels they could to destroy each other. The challenge in this sort of writing, is to truly balance things in a way that don't actually give one side the moral high ground, while still making the story interesting to play from the gamers' perspective. Anyone can write a story about the time Sir Lance-a-not got annoyed because of something that was completely fair or something just happened to turn out better for someone else, but it's genuinely difficult to make that story shine.

May 15th, 2018, 11:44 am
Mini-Boss

There are other works.... but like I said, I don't like to go too much down this path.. It was the most successful but that's about it.

and yeah, I probably didn't do the best example with the guards ^_^; not the best example, but have you read Arthur C Clarkes Odyssey series (well, the first one was kinda co-written but nevermind that)? a lot of people don't seam to read them when they comment, which is odd.. anyway, You have an alien entity/force which decided to help other alien life evolve and grow IF they had the right potential by there own standards. To this stage, they sent out a fleet of Monoliths all over the universe to keep watch and to guide. It reported then humans got to the stage of space travel, and they looked at the moons of Jupiter. It found one of them had a lifeform that had a chance. but in order to give it that chance, it killed a lot of other life forms on Jupiter and some other worlds in order to create a 'second sun'. Later, they judge humans as having failed and just like the lives on Jupiter, it was best to reap in order to allow others the chance to grow. Now, are this aliens the badguys? in the end of 3001, one could make that point of view when Bowman decides he has enough humanity left that he wishes to save the humans. To the point of view of the alien force who looks at what they think is the big picture, they are right. To the view of the humans, who want to save themselves, they are right. good guy vs bad guy isn't the same as good vs evil and in this case its more two views against each other (a lot of people who moan about the 4th book.. which is... well, the worst of the 4 though, forget the monolith aliens haven't been whiter then white from the start really. they think it's a big shift that they try to wipe out humans, but it isn't.)

================

May 15th, 2018, 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Haha, no worries on the Watchmen thing. I like it, but I'm not religious about it. Moore wrote his share of good and bad stuff, and no, most of it wasn't totally original. He's also kind of a tool at times, so I'm definitely not one to leap to his defense. ^_^

I am admittedly not familiar with Arthur C Clarke's 'Odyssey' series, the first thing that came to mind from the name of the series was admittedly the Iliad and the Odyssey, but they seem totally unrelated. Based on the synopsis -yeah, that's a perfect example of how perspectives play a role in good storytelling that doesn't necessarily need a true good/bad guy. To each side, they're in the right -survivalism and the desire to evolve and grow on smaller scale (humanity) and on a larger scale (the universe), in direct competition. I'll have to check that series out soon, it sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

I'd love to see things with that kind of conflict in this or really just more campaign style games. In particular I think it might be good to give the players alternating scenarios with 'Group A', then with 'Group B', giving just hints of their connections early on. As the story goes on, you might get attached to them in some ways, before realizing that they're on a path that's going to pit them against each other. Or, perhaps fighting against heroes who perhaps genuinely think they're doing something that NEEDS to be done, but either don't see the full picture properly (tough to make this test work well, in honesty it tends to be underwhelming in a lot of cases), or are unwittingly enabling/releasing a greater harm upon the world.

In that regard, it might even be cool to see villain cards for more of the existing heroes, with minor tweaks etc. Then again, I would assume between the cards we already have, and the fairly minor tweaks that make Arena work, everything needed to utilize heroes in that fashion probably already exists. Have I mentioned that I can't wait to get my hands on all the fine new plastic for Legends? Just the npc characters alone will open up so much capacity for storytelling.

May 15th, 2018, 12:49 pm
Consul

ManicMan wrote:
problem with watchmen, and I kinda don't want to get into it, was it was nothing new but people think it was ¬_¬ also.. Alan Moore could be a good writer but ... well, he wanted to use other peoples characters and screw them up badly..

All the good stories have already been told - The challenge is to tell them well.

May 15th, 2018, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

yep and yep ^_^

So far, I think there is only two hero that was then released as a villain, but there are some to come I believe..
most of the Boosters are as the Mini-bosses but also a card to play that type of character as a Hero

Bashful Boris - a Mini-boss which a Hero card was released for as the 'Bearstruck Berserker'
Trent - Mini-boss which then has had a Hero Card as the 'Deeproot Treant'
Herald of Vulcanis - I would say he was one of the heralds but he was a mini-boss that was then useable as a Hero 'Dark Centurion'
Captain R - a Mini-boss which was then useable as a Hero as the 'Cursed Captain'
Kaelly the Nether strider - A Mini-boss which could then be useable as a hero 'Nether Assasin'
Succubus Vandella - a Mini-boss which could be used as a hero 'Outcast Succubus'
Jack Scarecrow - a Mini-boss that could be used as a hero 'Scarecrow'
Ser Snapjaw- a mini-boss that could be used as a hero 'Wyrm Claw Exemplar'
Ser Sharpclaw - a mini-boss that could be used as a hero 'Wyrm Claw Templar'

But then -

Nyan-Nyan was a Hero Booster with a Mini-boss card as the generic villain 'Chaos Kitty' (though it does say no-one knows if Nyan-Nyan is the title or name)
Fae Alchemist was a Generic hero then released online only as the 'Deranged Alchemist'

as for Kunoichi Candy and Ninja Cola... kinda 50-50

For the new batch, there are some more

================

May 15th, 2018, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I assumed Jack Scarecrow was a hero that had alt mini boss as the trend for SPM is to print heroes in grey and monsters in color plastic.

Nyan-Nyan I assume is her name and Chaos Kitty is the generic title, so she's the only one that goes against the generic hero name and more specific mini boss name, but I think she's the only one?

Fae Alchemist I consider a special case given no production card was created/even as a promo, and there is only a Classic version of the mini boss and no arcade version.

Ninja Candy and Cola I'm on the fence and kind of considering them crossover with NAS.

New stuff will have:

Captain of the Guard > Ser Elmer
Rimefrost Warlord < Gothmog the Terrible
Crook-Eye Tracker > Blood-eye
Royal Knight < Ser Anthony
Unicorn < Nethercorn
Duskweaver < Arachne
Black Knight < Monach Tvar

May 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 180  Next